• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What would you do differently now than in the past for profitable trading?

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3067.40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,878 Times in 2,671 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
      What would you do differently now than in the past for profitable trading?
      That's a rather simple answer.

To not take for granted that i know instantly how to improve my strategies. Sometimes i do know this, but i have to test it and sometimes i think i know stuff but i really don't. There have been times where i think i know better then my system or the market, but really i do not. My system may be wrong and i may be right but in the end i am not better then my system. There has also been times when i think i know better then the market, like i said, where i have not followed my system and after a few trades like that i see that i actually do not know better etc..

To find something that actually is better i need to test it out, for a long time. It's not enough to trade a week or two, that means nothing. I need to test something for 6 months at least to figure out if the change is something good.

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki For This Useful Post:

PhantomTrader79 (06-18-2018)

3. Dragon
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      Chatty

sameeh is just really nice sameeh is just really nice sameeh is just really nice sameeh is just really nice sameeh is just really nice sameeh's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      380.52 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I think i became more patient than before especially during opening of an order as in the past i was trade much and i was not patient and just open order to trade without enough analysis to the market but now i'm more carious and wait until find a good trading positions and then open an order and this improves my trading and improves the results also.

Also i decreased the risk during trading than before and so my percentage of making of money is decreased on short term but on long term i got more money and survived for long time in the market, in the pat i was losing my accounts easy and quickly but now i can keep it for longer time and make more profits and so the trading become more profitable for me.

5. The following 2 users say Thank You to sameeh for this useful post.

Unregistered (2)

Forum Guru
      I am:
      ----

sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2280.66 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 13,169 Times in 3,354 Posts

Honestly there are a whole lot of things I would like to change, when as a beginner there are several things I did wrong. Maybe have not been able to conquer all.

1. Unrealistic goals: in the past am very prone to setting unrealistic target for my selves which always make me to be more emotional in my trading.

2. Aggressive trading : due to my high target am always o an hurry to make profit which makes me to be more aggressive in my trading and eventually it doesn't always end well for my trading account.

3. Money management : this is another area I am still working tirelessly to stop, it has been a big problem for many traders as well, and am still working on it right now.

7. For the posts posted after 22.08.18, the likes will be displayed after 22.10.18
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2302.46 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,786 Times in 864 Posts

in the past i was trading with more mistakes as greed and opening trades with big lots and from bad places on the chart beside the trading without plan or money management and all these factors was making big reduce in my profits so i was making very big profits but i was wasting it by my mistakes so i searched on my mistakes and find it so i started to fix it to improve my performance in the trading so i started to :

1- Define the strength points on the chart that i can enter from it and i started to be patience until the price reach it to open the trades from it with small stop loss .
      2- I started to avoid the trade with greed and big lots so i made a plan for making 1% daily profits only and this helped me in the control on m emotions and the discipline with making 1% daily only .
      3- I started to be patience on the profits and on the trades until it reach its targets and i became impatience on the loses and i always close it early before it becomes very big .
      4- i developed my strategy and improved it by adding some things to it .

S o now i make stable profits if it became less than the profits that i made it before but now i trade with convenience and low risk and this make me feel with the happiness even if it was very little so making little profits by low risk better than making big profits by high risk can waste all your profits suddenly .

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5160.00 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,213 Times in 2,266 Posts

Traders have to identify their faults which they have done in the past because with time we have to upgrade our trading and when we can do that our present trading would give us the profit as we want .Its all about the learning and the rectifcation process by which a trader can make their trading career shine at the peak of success .Actually that is called the experience because when we can recognize the trend properly we are on the run to make the profit as we wish.

But yes if we go on repeat the faults without working on it ,the real flavor of the trading will not be there and we can't make the pips as per the target and our trading career detoriates instead of going up sky.Its all about the individual trading style and the urge to prove ourselves as a perfect trader.

10. For the posts posted after 22.08.18, the likes will be displayed after 22.10.18
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Pensive

dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3207.81 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      44 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 13,588 Times in 2,690 Posts

What would you do differently now than in the past for profitable trading?
      During my journey in forex trading, i have also learned a lot from mistakes even though some mistakes i always repeat. I am always in a hurry and lack patience in entering the market and opening positions with sudden decisions. Habits in the past are still difficult to repair and this makes my trade still unfavorable. Besides that, my skills in analyzing have also developed from before and now a lot of knowledge that i have even though it is still lacking to be able to achieve profitable trading. But at least i have made the current trade better than the trade in the past, for me the most important thing is to study continuously on a regular basis.
      don't use Luck in the trade but it would be better to use Greed
      hoping for something without hard work will not give anything

dedy hari kurniawan's trading journal

12. For the posts posted after 22.08.18, the likes will be displayed after 22.10.18
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Amused

bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      187.98 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,155 Times in 866 Posts

I am with Forex since 2013, with my experience I have seen that my trading experience really enhance my confidence level about Forex trading though I am also doing same mistakes sometimes. It may happen sometimes when market moving with big trend then really I cant control my emotion, whereas I am putting too much entry or making too big lot which is big problem to me. I think its on my blood to put a big lot but I am trying hard to resolve this problem, anyhow really its decreasing the mistakes where I was doing 10 mistake now I am doing 2/3 mistake and that mistake will be the reason to get margin call of my account.

But Sometimes when I lose a trade then I think about my last big profitable trades and then it will be all clear from that i will be out of tension that I just lose but I did profit last time. I these are important thing to remember my last profitable trading.
      Bappy's Trading Journal
      Mt5 forum is best Forex forum Community, To join Click Here

14. For the posts posted after 22.08.18, the likes will be displayed after 22.10.18
    Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2