• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what is opportunity cost?

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

remmy is a jewel in the rough remmy is a jewel in the rough remmy is a jewel in the rough remmy is a jewel in the rough remmy's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      51.90 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default what is opportunity cost?

what is opportunity cost and how could it be determined?

2. Thanks under the first post will be ignored for the purpose of distribution of prizes
    3. lamborghini
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Happy

forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3842.09 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,182 Times in 1,040 Posts

opportunity cost is the real cost of a product or service. this does not mean the real value as per the price, but the real value in terms of the alternative forgone. so it is also called the alternative cost.

since human needs are numerous, the satisfaction of one need means the giving up of another need that could as well have been satisfied with the available little resources.

so opportunity cost is the benefit a person misses because he has gone for another need. for example, if a man has $200 and has need for two products, A and B. the price of A is $105 while the price of B is $160. the man could therefore not settle the two needs since he has limited resources. he would now need to choose one of the items over the other. if he chooses item A, then he pays $105 being the price of the product. the $105 is, however, not the real cost of the product. the real cost of the product is item B which was left unpurchased.
      ''Too many times we settle into a set way of thinking and accept limitations that need not be placed on us'' -John C. Maxwell

Hedging Edge: Heading For $6 Million!

5. The following 5 users say Thank You to forexguy9 for this useful post.

dtvade (07-12-2018), marketdean3 (06-18-2018), ralph (07-15-2018), samadel (07-14-2018), weef8888 (06-17-2018)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

dtvade is just really nice dtvade is just really nice dtvade is just really nice dtvade is just really nice dtvade's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      167.50 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default What is opportunity cost?

Quote Originally Posted by remmy View Post
      what is opportunity cost and how could it be determined?
      Basic concepts of economics have to do with Wants, Resources, Scarcity, choice, Scale of preference and the opportunity cost.
      These characterize the style of individuals, firms and organization. When all these come up there is bound to be the need to make a choice which will depend on the Scale of preference. In this case there will be a need to forego or sacrifice some alternatives.
      The sacrificed alternatives in economics are referred to as the opportunity cost. This underlines the basic economics problems of scarcity and choice. The concept reveals human activities involving economic decision.

7. For the posts posted after 21.06.18, the likes will be displayed after 21.08.18
      Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

Renan is a jewel in the rough Renan is a jewel in the rough Renan is a jewel in the rough Renan's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      46.11 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Opportunity costs arise because economic resources are limited to force people to make choices in meeting their needs, which is certainly based on a priority scale of need. The choices made will result in sacrifices on other options and the incidence of opportunity costs. In his calculations, the opportunity cost is not necessarily related to money. It can also be time, fun, future profits, and other factors. In making this decision the opportunity cost depends on the goals and situation experienced by the individual. as well as two ways opportunity in forex trading, estimating profit opportunities when up and down.
      Forex trading offers profit opportunities in every condition that occurs in the market. Armed with technical and fundamental analytical skills you can take advantage of market fluctuations, either when prices rise or fall, or two ways opportunity.

9. For the posts posted after 21.06.18, the likes will be displayed after 21.08.18
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      Inspired

Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      813.13 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,317 Times in 1,393 Posts

what is opportunity cost?
      Opportunity cost is a term from economics. It rises when you choose one things and leave the best alternatives. Let me clear it with an example of Forex trading. Suppose, you have $100 capital account. You can only open 5 trades with this amount as you are using 1:50 leverage. Now as per your analysis you see that Gold will go down for sure as well as EUR/USD, GBP/USD, Oil, USD/JPY and GBP/JPY. Now you have to choose only 5 pairs from them and you choose EUR/USD, GBP/USD, Oil, USD/JPY and GBP/JPY. Here Gold is the opportunity cost. You could manage good profit through Gold trading but you have to leave that due to limitation. This is called opportunity cost. The best alternative that you leave for choosing the another one. As like choosing Forex trading instead of share market. You could manage profit from both sources but you have to choose only one. This is opportunity cost. I think it's clear to you.
      Who Is Your Creator And What Is His Intention? Find It Before It Becomes Too Late. If You Search You Will Realize That Allah Is One. May Allah Bless You.

11. For the posts posted after 21.06.18, the likes will be displayed after 21.08.18
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Pensive

dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3207.81 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      44 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 9,440 Times in 2,046 Posts

Opportunity cost is decision based on what should be ruled out as a result of a decision. Any decision involving choice between two or more has an opportunity cost. This will depend on the economic system adopted by a society. Suppose that in trading, you have open positions on GBP/USD and EUR/USD with the same position. According to your analysis the opportunity to earn more profit on EUR/USD is greater when compared to GBP/USD then you will charge a larger lot size on EUR/USD to get profit. This means you have an opportunity cost of getting more from EUR/USD and sacrificing GBP/USD to get your needs.
      don't use Luck in the trade but it would be better to use Greed
      hoping for something without hard work will not give anything

dedy hari kurniawan's trading journal

13. For the posts posted after 21.06.18, the likes will be displayed after 21.08.18
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

elssayed is a splendid one to behold elssayed is a splendid one to behold elssayed is a splendid one to behold elssayed is a splendid one to behold elssayed is a splendid one to behold elssayed is a splendid one to behold elssayed is a splendid one to behold elssayed is a splendid one to behold elssayed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2302.46 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,046 Times in 472 Posts

Opportunity Cost : it is the choosing between more alternatives while the decision making stage so it is also called alternative cost and the cost always be in the choice because in decision making stage we always try to choose the best alternative so when we choose it from the other alternatives we always lose the advantages which we have it in the other alternatives so it always called as alternative cost and it doesn't mean the monetary loses only but there are other real costs for it as lost time and other benefits beside the pleasure .

and in production we have two types of opportunity cost :
      1- Explicit costs : it is the direct costs which the producers pay it in monetary payments as the electricity power invoice .
      2- implicit costs : it is the indirect costs which producers bear it and it always not be in a monetary payments but it always related to the company resources which they have to use it correctly for producing an output .

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      273.46 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,628 Times in 557 Posts

Opportunity cost is a term that is used economically to express the loss of your choice of alternatives at the expense of other alternatives.
      Which means you lack the advantages of one of the alternatives because you chose another alternative
      This term is used when you are forced to choose between several unequal alternatives accordingly. When choosing an alternative 1, you lose the advantages that you would get if you chose Alternative 2.
      This term was formulated by an Austrian economist in one of his writings on the theory of social economy
      In the end is one of the theories formulated by one of the scientists in economics so as to benefit other scholars and those interested in economics and finance

Forum Guru
      I am:
      ----

sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2280.66 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 9,602 Times in 2,763 Posts

Opportunity cost is a popular language on economics, it's the relationship between scarcity and choice.
      Choice is the act of given up a Good for the sake of getting another, so in this case such good is scarce

Opportunity cost simply can be defined as an opportunity or profit a business could get and they loose it while choosing between an investment or business deal or product over another.

There are some situations where we will have to give up on something in other to get another

for example we wanna buy 10 oranges and we only have to go for five oranges because money is scarce in our hand, the five oranges we gave you is the opportunity cost

17. For the posts posted after 21.06.18, the likes will be displayed after 21.08.18
      My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      Cheerful

pryo will become famous soon enough pryo will become famous soon enough pryo's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Opportunity cost is an economical term which may be defined as the best alternative we sacrifice for choosing over one. It also called the alternative cost. It is the basic concept of economics which explains the relationship between scarcity & choice. There are many opportunities we can choose but we have to choose only one. The second best alternative which we sacrifice for choosing the first one is called the opportunity cost.
      For example: I need a personal ride to go office to home & home to office. I have two options 1. A Car, 2. A bike. But I have the money to buy either the bike or the car. I choose to buy bike cause it is less expensive & I can spend rest of the money for my household works. That's why I have to sacrifice the option to buy car. Here buying car is the opportunity cost for buying the bike.

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast