• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Trading Style Do You Prefer?

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Relaxed

forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5746 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 9,400 Times in 3,364 Posts

Default Which Trading Style Do You Prefer?

There are 3 common trading styles in Forex trading which are scalping, intraday and swing. Which one you prefer and state you reasons.

2. Thanks under the first post will be ignored for the purpose of distribution of prizes
    3. ForexCopy
      My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      Hot

Tanvir521 will become famous soon enough Tanvir521's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      45 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

i prefer aggressive trading..instead scalping or counter trade is like more risky....

5. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5266 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,905 Times in 1,370 Posts

I Prefer to trade with the scalping system because i don't love to leave my trades until the next day so all my trades always has targets from 20 to 30 pips only and stop loss about 20 pip and i always trade for making 40 pips daily so i open more trades and if i lost in 4 trades and won on 6 trades this mean that i achieved my daily target then i close my Platform ( metatrader ) and leave the chart until the next Day .

I tried to trade based on Long term trading but i failed because i am not patience on the trades and The emotions as the fear always control on me and this always lead me to closing all the trades early without any waiting on the profits so i prefer the trading with scalping system only to open and close all my trades at the same day and also i see that the success in the trading with the scalping system can make us reach profits more than the profits that we can make it with any other system .

7. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      FX Super Hero
      I am:
      ----

fariaa has a spectacular aura about fariaa has a spectacular aura about fariaa has a spectacular aura about fariaa's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      249 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I prefer to like scalping and counter trading. I am all time love trading and profit earning from every trade. When i trade start as per my strategy or planning stop loss 30 pips but take profit 60 or 50 pips as per analysis market or indicators. I am everyday trade open minimum 4 or 6 trade and earning money than closed my platform.

9. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Inspired

mikehenley has a brilliant future mikehenley has a brilliant future mikehenley has a brilliant future mikehenley has a brilliant future mikehenley has a brilliant future mikehenley has a brilliant future mikehenley has a brilliant future mikehenley has a brilliant future mikehenley has a brilliant future mikehenley has a brilliant future mikehenley has a brilliant future mikehenley's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1292 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,113 Times in 648 Posts

I prefer Swing Trading as it fits my work schedule, since I do have 8-5 work job.
      I can view and monitor my chart at my work but deep analysis is not possible, so what I do is analyze the market, execute or close my trade after the new york session which is 5am on my current country time.

I am applying an end of day trading approach which I wait for the daily close candle before executing or closing any trade.
      And I normally analyze the market over the weekend so that I am prepared already in the coming weeks and just wait for an obvious trade setup that I have drawn.
      Basically, I keep my trade open minimum of 2 days or even weeks and I just let my trade play out, I just closed it if I see a daily close candle that against my trade.

11. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      FX Vampire
      I am:
      Cool

newdream365 has a reputation beyond repute newdream365 has a reputation beyond repute newdream365 has a reputation beyond repute newdream365 has a reputation beyond repute newdream365 has a reputation beyond repute newdream365 has a reputation beyond repute newdream365 has a reputation beyond repute newdream365 has a reputation beyond repute newdream365 has a reputation beyond repute newdream365 has a reputation beyond repute newdream365 has a reputation beyond repute newdream365's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1583 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,605 Times in 1,179 Posts

I like to trading in Forex as a scalper because I follow to candlesticks chart pattern and I think this very best for scalping. Scalping is a very good trading system for Forex. Now I try to discus why I prefer scalping in Forex.

- Scalping is short time trading system so a trader quickly get his trading result in Forex.
      -Though scalping is short time trading system so a trader can close his trade with small loss.
      - I like to trade with candlesticks pattern and always I use 15m time frame which are very profit able for scalping because I get signal in here like hammer,pinbar,doji, Doji star, Morning star etc. Which are help me to makes profitable trading in Forex.
      - Though scalping is a short time trading system so a trader can get many chance for open entry which can gives a trader many profit in Forex.

Finally I want to say that scalping is a good trading system in Forex and I like trade with scalping in Forex all reason which are above. I hope if a trader can makes a expert trader so he can get success in forex only with scalping in Forex.

13. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Pensive

forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1562 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,057 Times in 488 Posts

I myself attempted every style out there like scalping, day trading, swing trading but after trying different style I have found that as I am not a full time trader it's better for me to hold my trade for a longer time and that's why swing trading helped me a lot because I don't have to monitor every move of the market. Another trading method that I try to practice is trend following. Although the market does not trend all the time but when it trends it gives a quite good profit which actually makes up for all losses and thus it's very much useful for the trader who don't have enough time for monitoring chart or for the traders who does not like to sit in front of the chart all day long.

The longer time-frame helps me to find the prevailing trend and it also tells us the big picture of the market and where it's likely to head. Also by holding the trade for long time helps a trader to scale in with the direction of the market so that the profit can be maximized. The trader also don't have to be concerned about whats happening in the smaller time frame and thus it becomes relaxing with trading this style for me. As I said earlier that every trading style has some pros and cons so it really depends on the perception of the trader, everyone has their own style and we should respect each others style.
      Yesterday's wins and losses are yesterday's wins and losses -- and the yesterdays are gone

15. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      Forex in the blood
      I am:
      Inspired

Rafahsa19 has a spectacular aura about Rafahsa19 has a spectacular aura about Rafahsa19 has a spectacular aura about Rafahsa19's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      278 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Swing trading in the context of Forex Trading is to open a position and then the position is held for several days to several weeks and even months. With the target of 'catching' a big trend. It is expected that this can achieve significant profit in the range of hundreds of pips.

If you want to understand Swing Trading easily, imagine or analogy like you are investing in buying gold bars.
      You may not invest in buying gold bars for sale again in just 3 days or a week later.
      Even if the price goes up, it's not significant. Especially if you buy only 10 grams. If you invest gold, your mindset is sure to keep it for a long time at least 1 year and then sell it again to get a significant profit.

Such is Swing Trading, just because the current era of Forex Trading is done online and realtime, the timeframe can be shortened. The number of years to get a profit can be shortened to a matter of days, weeks or months.
      That can happen because of the Leverage system in the retail trading era where it allows you to open more volume positions but with still affordable capital. Because the volume is bigger / more, the profit target can be achieved with a shorter timeframe.

Like if you buy a lot of gold bars, for example 100 Kg. Even though the profit per gram is a little but because the quantity is a lot, the overall profit is a lot.
      In doing Swing Trading, traders can use a Technical, Fundamental or both approach. But we don't specifically discuss further about Swing Trading techniques because it's a different discussion.

17. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      Forex in the blood
      I am:
      Cheerful

MasumT88 has a spectacular aura about MasumT88 has a spectacular aura about MasumT88's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      110 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Post Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Slow and Steady Wins the Race is my my only trading style. For example, today I made a good profit on gold and I could do more trading but I didn't do that. I thought since I have earned enough, now it's time to watch market like my favorite movie! At the beginning I lost my every profit and ultimately my capital just for trading more and not taking rest! The time I started my slow and steady strategy, I am significantly developing my statistics and hope to continue that in future.

19. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1269 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,129 Times in 656 Posts

In addition to the good knowledge and the effective application of technical analysis, fundamental analysis and the psychology of trading, a trader is expected to have developed a stable working strategy that suits his or her style.
      There are several trading styles which are scalping, short term, medium term and the long term. Each style has a corresponding time frame which it works effectively with.
      Personally I am very comfortable using 4hr and the Daily and these are the time frames for the medium term. It provides an opportunity within 1 to 2 days and yields as much as 200 pips at a go. It goes down well with my personality

21. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
    Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast