• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Phishing Attempt! Please Read this!

User
      I am:
      Asleep

Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1,393.66 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 25,430 Times in 5,581 Posts

Default Another Phishing Attempt! Please Read this!

Hello friends. I got reported by one of the members here that he received an email which was another phishing attempt by some jealous guy. The page he tried to send shows an invalid link. Following was the email received by one of our members:

Quote Originally Posted by LJin
      Dear LJin

You get Prize $ 100 from mt5 PayPerPost program
      We need to verify your identity, Please follow the link below to fill the verification form
      We will contact you in less than 24h

http://indo.mt5.com/verify.php?u=LJi...177b039765cd8a

Best regards
      Forex Forum MT5
      This was the email address with which the mail was sent:
      finace.dep@mt5.com

Anyone who opened that site and mistakenly logged in should change their passwords as soon as possible!

We never ask anyone to login to any other pages except on real MT5 forum nor ask for passwords of any one. Please be careful with such fake emails!

2. The following 13 users say Thank You to Toxic for this useful post.

Aviz (06-04-2014), chidi (04-27-2012), forexianz (06-08-2013), free_onlinecash (04-28-2012), Jurain (01-01-2013), Mindgames (04-27-2012), MT5 bozZdeviL (04-27-2012), Passionate Pisces (04-27-2012), PhiAvari (12-03-2012), shoaib3435 (10-12-2012), softxone (09-19-2013), Soldier (01-05-2013), warnisw (04-27-2012)

User
      I am:
      Asleep

Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1,393.66 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 25,430 Times in 5,581 Posts

To avoid any such hacking attempt, BozZdeviL gave some tips which are helpful for everyone. Kindly go through them as well:

Quote Originally Posted by MT5 bozZdeviL View Post
      TIPS!
      • If you get an email with a LINK, do not jump at the click! Because email can be hidden in the original link, so different to that in writing.
        As the above case, if we copy paste the address into your browser then it will definitely see an error page because there is no such verify.php page.
      • If you've already clicked, the following notice immediately click ADDRESS IN BROWSER us is the same as the address of the site of this forum : (www.forum.mt5.com)
      • The phishing hackers usually do not wear a domain but simply use the IP Address. Or if you use a domain, usually only ride one passenger or other agencies.
      • If your Mozilla Firefox browser users, you should install AddOn Liberty Guard, its address here: (AddOn)
        Actually it AddOn function only for checking whether the sites that we visit belonged to the original LR.
        But he was also able to detect suspicious web, for example as shown below :
      Spoiler Spoiler:

when i try accessing the page, immediately show signs of red-black skull in the corner as a warning.
      If we click the skull, will come out the information box warning that the web that we visit are not safe.

Note : Thanks for Givonly (Mod Indo.mt5)

4. The following 9 users say Thank You to Toxic for this useful post.

azmassi (04-27-2012), chidi (04-27-2012), Jurain (01-01-2013), KanizFX (06-04-2014), MT5 bozZdeviL (04-28-2012), ns34cjr (06-17-2012), Passionate Pisces (04-27-2012), shoaib3435 (10-12-2012), topman (05-25-2012)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Cool

mransari will become famous soon enough mransari's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      607.99 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

only one tip is enough to avoid these kind of attacks, always check URL of the page in which site you are logging in.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mransari For This Useful Post:

PhiAvari (12-03-2012)

Banned
      I am:
      ----

adwebincbd is an unknown quantity at this point adwebincbd's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      8.40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

what can I say............we all should remain alert from this type of attack. I hope everyone will try to findout the best option to protect this type of attack. Thanks for informing us.

Banned
      I am:
      Cool

ns34cjr will become famous soon enough ns34cjr will become famous soon enough ns34cjr's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      826.85 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

yes, i always liberty guard on my mozilla firefox and this is a good way to avoid this cases

MT5 Rookie
      I am:
      ----

issgaghananggali is an unknown quantity at this point issgaghananggali's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4.85 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

yesterday, there was somenthing different with my liberty reserve login. I wrote www.libertyreserve.com at my address bar (I used mozila firefoz browser) but, I can not directly into LR home. I had to download a file tha saved into my C: document. every time I opened Lr, I have to open that file. Is thah something a pishing site?

Where am I?
      I am:
      Cool

ronaldoo is an unknown quantity at this point ronaldoo's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1.20 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by issgaghananggali View Post
      yesterday, there was somenthing different with my liberty reserve login. I wrote www.libertyreserve.com at my address bar (I used mozila firefoz browser) but, I can not directly into LR home. I had to download a file tha saved into my C: document. every time I opened Lr, I have to open that file. Is thah something a pishing site?
      issgaghananggali u should ignore that kind of file .. it can harm your computer also .. now a days hacker send lots of hacking stuff via mail also make popular phishing site. so we should leave unwanted file from untrusted site.

Banned
      I am:
      Fine

aladdensima is an unknown quantity at this point aladdensima's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      12.65 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Lightbulb very important for securety

iam tried to login in my insta account and i cant see or login with the green security on my browser and iam afraid of it can be hacker can any one tell me what i do thanks.

Banned
      I am:
      ----

himlaforex11 is an unknown quantity at this point himlaforex11's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      62.60 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

do not late it is too harmpul for you. so please go to the broker site and look the left side . there are a live chat option on here. so chat with them and tell the problem.

13. Dragon
      MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

Prince Adebayo Adesina is on a distinguished road Prince Adebayo Adesina's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      83.28 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

All this email phishing are really much invoke now,we all need to be very careful and watch out.Is better to secure your pc and once you see any email message of such,do not click the website,cos the more you click the website,the more those bad people have access to your personal information on your system.

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast