Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

acday is on a distinguished road acday's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      100.50 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Simple vs Complex System

Usually trading system with many indicators say a complex system, otherwise the trading system with little indicator or even do not have called simple system. The problem is whether a complex trading system provides more accurate prediction compared with the trading system with a few indicators. If the answer is that complex systems can not guarantee to give better results than the simple system, then surely many people who chose a simple trading system (with one / two indicators), including me.

I personally prefer to use as little as possible indicators, if possible I want to use onl;y one indicator like what I wrote in another threat about Beginner Alert. How do you think?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acday For This Useful Post:

demitri86 (05-10-2014), forexguy9 (11-27-2013), ksridharprasad (01-29-2013)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

ryc_warlock is on a distinguished road ryc_warlock's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      149.50 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Re: Simple vs Complex System

i think it is impossible if we able use only one indictor to make profit, this is not matter of less indicator or complex indicators, but how we can find the ideal one, not many not less, the ballance.

With combination it will make our decision almost perfect, it is include where to SL and TP.
      i have ever use the indicator you give.....but the result is bad...i dont want to use it...better the common indicator....

indicator you give originally from fractal..or zigzag...
      Thanks Would Be Enough

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Do you hear about "Analisa Chart ala KG". Many people who take advantage of KG*s lesson. But my own until now not been able to practice it, because not yet understood. This is because the system is very complex, unlike a simple trading system generally, if a blue-blue-blue then BUY or red-red-red then SELL.

So back to the topic, can we make a simple trading system but profitable. Or could a complex trading system and profitable is made more simple. I mean if using 3 indicator three indicators then the three indicators are combined, like that. These are just examples.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      Inspired

karan is on a distinguished road karan's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      59.35 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

@acday you wrong about simple system.
      Simple system doesn*t mean one indicator,it means reduce of indicator and set the chart view clear.Indicator can be 1,2 or even 5,but view of chart should be same not complex.
      I preferred complex which is the best for me to gain profit in high volatility also.
      Well trade with your account.

Banned
      I am:
      ----

David is on a distinguished road David's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      340.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

There are people trading off the price level, they won*t even use charts.

Yea, true.

Now I wonder... why do we have people saing it*s impossible to profit using indicators.

I am feeling that for the so many indicators we have, we don*t get an explanation as to what these indicators are supposed to represent, being that, how are we supposed to create a trading system from scratch with no understanding of what all these indis are doing?

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

djai is on a distinguished road djai's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      384.30 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

i have to agree with david, that when most of the traders use indicators, they don*t really know what they are meant for and how to use them.
      thats why many of us end up loading may indicators on the screen which shows the same time of data but in another form.

Banned
      I am:
      ----

David is on a distinguished road David's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      340.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

The result of these, is that traders are able to copy and use these propagated trading systems.

But how in the long run are we traders able to tweek existing trading systems, if we don*t know which direction to take.

What are the premises of things like an oversold or overbought market for example?

I guess this might be a good place to start.

Another question would be, how can we profit from measuring daily highs and lows?

Etc etc etc

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

My principle is if it can be simplified, why should be made difficult. I*m sure someday I will get a trading system that is very simple but quite profitable. Is this the dream of all traders? Or I was too imaginative.

MT5 GURU
      Ex-Moderator
      I am:
      ----

Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      7390.45 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acday View Post
      Usually trading system with many indicators say a complex system, otherwise the trading system with little indicator or even do not have called simple system. The problem is whether a complex trading system provides more accurate prediction compared with the trading system with a few indicators. If the answer is that complex systems can not guarantee to give better results than the simple system, then surely many people who chose a simple trading system (with one / two indicators), including me.

I personally prefer to use as little as possible indicators, if possible I want to use onl;y one indicator like what I wrote in another threat about Beginner Alert. How do you think?
      KISS - Keep it simple stupid. I think there is no difference between the complex and simple systems, the only difference is the profit. Even the complex and even the simple system can make more profit than the other.
      MT5 Forum Daily Contest: Black Frame Talent - Win up to 5$ daily to your Real InstaForex account!

MT5 Forum Weekly Contest: Guess Forex Trend - Win up to 25$ weekly to your Real InstaForex account!

MT5 Forum Monthly Contest: Best Topic Starter Awards - Win up to 30$ monthly to your Real InstaForex account!

11. <a href="http://www.mt5.com/"> </a>
      Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stockwalker View Post
      KISS - Keep it simple stupid. I think there is no difference between the complex and simple systems, the only difference is the profit. Even the complex and even the simple system can make more profit than the other.
      You*re right bro. But if there are two systems, simple and complex, where both are equally profitable, you must choose the simple one, right?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to acday For This Useful Post:

Dejavu (07-25-2013)

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 121 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast