• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: My preferred indicators

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Tired

Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3374.32 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,131 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by مناڈکیت View Post
      My preferred indicators are moving averages mostly their crosses. I also learned a strategy in which we use a number of moving averages (10 or more ) to get more accurate signal. I would like to learn about filtering the indicators then i will be able to get clearer signal.
      well the moving average crossovers are good ones but than the accuracy is not much greater you want something that would have accuracy of around more than 70 percent i have back tested the crossovers and i think they have got around 55% of accuracy and i am not happy with that , i trade on harmonics with pretty high accuracy .

2. <a href="http://www.mt5.com/"> </a>
    3. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Mamba For This Useful Post:

ding dong (01-28-2015)

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      Relaxed

ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1380.30 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,811 Times in 1,961 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
      well the moving average crossovers are good ones but than the accuracy is not much greater you want something that would have accuracy of around more than 70 percent i have back tested the crossovers and i think they have got around 55% of accuracy and i am not happy with that , i trade on harmonics with pretty high accuracy .
      hm long you've learned about harmonics, mate ..
      I see you are using Ichimoku charts, now I use Ichimoku to assist in the process of my analysis. harmonics are more has good accuracy, but I am still confused where to start to learn from scratch, mate.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Tired

Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3374.32 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,131 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ding dong View Post
      hm long you've learned about harmonics, mate ..
      I see you are using Ichimoku charts, now I use Ichimoku to assist in the process of my analysis. harmonics are more has good accuracy, but I am still confused where to start to learn from scratch, mate.
      well mate when i joined i use to trade with the stochastic than i learned about the ichimoku but than when i came to know about the harmonics than i left all my previous strategies now i am trading on the harmonics and the s and r levels , my fibs and divergence this is my simple strategy mate and it is really giving me good profits mate i am enjoying my trading now .

Banned
      I am:
      Inspired

Anne Taiwo is on a distinguished road Anne Taiwo's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2145.80 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I do not have any preferred indicators, but would prefer to use anyone that has been recommended to work, especially among the custom indicators. However, in addition to any custom indicator, I will always like to add the Relative Strength Index (RSI), just so I am able to filter any signal and know if a reversal in price direction is about to happen.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cool

elemento is on a distinguished road elemento's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2246.50 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

There are only one indicator which I using regularly in trading, and this is MACD indicator. I am using this indicator as extra factor and this is helping me a lot on trading time. Moreover when there will be different situations this indicator will help and also by this I will continue my trading.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      ----

shoab chow has a spectacular aura about shoab chow has a spectacular aura about shoab chow's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4111.45 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Indicators are really helpful and we should use some of the best indicators that can give us the right indication of taking the decisions. There are so many indicators but we should use only few from the long list which are really effective like RSI, pivot point and Fibonacci. I am using RSI for many years and I get the best entry and exit points by using these indicators perfectly.

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      Brooding

Mkape is a splendid one to behold Mkape is a splendid one to behold Mkape is a splendid one to behold Mkape is a splendid one to behold Mkape is a splendid one to behold Mkape is a splendid one to behold Mkape's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1695.90 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      7 (What is this?)
      Thanks

i cant see any where where your indicators are but for me i don't like to use any indicators for trading as i find them to be lagging so instead i prefer to use price action to trade in forex but i think that the macd indicator is good for new traders
      A friend is one who believes in you
      even when you have lost hope on yourself.

My Trading Journal: King of many trades

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      604.75 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,057 Times in 648 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Taiwo View Post
      I do not have any preferred indicators, but would prefer to use anyone that has been recommended to work, especially among the custom indicators. However, in addition to any custom indicator, I will always like to add the Relative Strength Index (RSI), just so I am able to filter any signal and know if a reversal in price direction is about to happen.
      If you do not have any indicator to trade with, my advice for you is to make sure that you are training many of them, that is how you will get to choose the best that will really help you to make success in the market. It is not good to be working on indicators based on recommendation, you should be the one to say this is really what i have chosen out of many indicators.

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

Mats will become famous soon enough Mats's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      43.61 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I prefer zig zag, on higher time frame and always look for the fundamental news.

12. Forex Game
      Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

Warren Bafett will become famous soon enough Warren Bafett will become famous soon enough Warren Bafett's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      69.44 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

My 3 indicators are Bollinger bands, moving averages and Fractals. But recently I see a good indicator in this forums and it's very simple and am currently demoing on it, its' called KusKus Starlight. If I see further good usage of it I will ditch my other indicators and focus on it alone.
      No Guts No Glory!

Reply to Thread
    Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 6 7 8 9 LastLast