• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Closed Thread
    Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 9 10 11 12 13 16 ... LastLast

Thread: How to stop loss and make profit (3)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Angelic

YJSPYJS is on a distinguished road YJSPYJS's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      150.95 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Stop loss is very important, because we can not predict the market 100% correct, sometimes, if we do not set stop loss, when we found we have lost a lot of money, and we should be very difficult if we should exit the positions or not, that is very dangerous.

2. <a href="http://forum.mt5.com"> </a>
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Lonely

shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2409.30 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 10,105 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YJSPYJS View Post
      Stop loss is very important, because we can not predict the market 100% correct, sometimes, if we do not set stop loss, when we found we have lost a lot of money, and we should be very difficult if we should exit the positions or not, that is very dangerous.
      To avoid such a situation it is always advisable to place stop loss at the intended risk level you are supposed to take for the particular trade. You will not be more confused when your trade goes against your intended direction.

Forum Guru
      I am:
      Cheerful

goldeneyes is a jewel in the rough goldeneyes is a jewel in the rough goldeneyes is a jewel in the rough goldeneyes is a jewel in the rough goldeneyes's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1800.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YJSPYJS View Post
      you are right. we always need to put stop loss level or cut loss level. ensure we always put 1.5 or 2 times bigger for take profit level. but I think market cant be calculate in fix, we need to see the market movement and secure profit.
      Need more than 1 minutes to reply a post, Need only 3 second to click "Thanks" if you think it's useful.
      My Twitter

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      ----

habit is on a distinguished road habit's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      941.85 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shahzad View Post
      To avoid such a situation it is always advisable to place stop loss at the intended risk level you are supposed to take for the particular trade. You will not be more confused when your trade goes against your intended direction.
      stop loss is like a sit belt in the car, so we better put it always although sometimes it make us loss but better prepare than margin call.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to habit For This Useful Post:

Honest (07-22-2013)

Banned
      I am:
      Happy

Rifat is an unknown quantity at this point Rifat's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      330.65 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sam234 View Post
      Stop loss is a powerful tool that automatically closes your trade when your trade goes against you to a certain level to limit your losses. That is why it is very important that you set your stop loss on every trade you execute unless you are there to monitor the market.
      ya you are right i make when first start out is to put stop loss to tight, so It got hit by market noise beginners it is a must to use a ST. ...............................................

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Lonely

shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad has a reputation beyond repute shahzad's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2409.30 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 10,105 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by habit View Post
      stop loss is like a sit belt in the car, so we better put it always although sometimes it make us loss but better prepare than margin call.
      Well said, seat belt saves your life in case of accident so an injured body is much better than a dead body. In the same way Sl protects your account from MC and a small loss is better than a wipe account.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shahzad For This Useful Post:

Honest (07-22-2013)

FX Vampire
      I am:
      Relaxed

Baguwah is a splendid one to behold Baguwah is a splendid one to behold Baguwah is a splendid one to behold Baguwah is a splendid one to behold Baguwah is a splendid one to behold Baguwah is a splendid one to behold Baguwah's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      361.20 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

A stop loss is very good for traders if you are trading a very volatile pair with a large average daily range. Also, if you are going to be away from your PC for a long time and you are unsure of your analysis, then install a stop loss. Also, if you are a newbie,always use a stoploss.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Baguwah For This Useful Post:

Honest (07-22-2013)

Banned
      I am:
      Devilish

Filipe will become famous soon enough Filipe's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      73.40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by forexsage View Post
      The first thing that makes a lot of traders to lose is the lot size they trade with. If your lot size is small it is true that your profit will be small, but the losses will be smaller. A lot of traders know how to get the market direction at least 6 out of 10 which means if they traded with a suitable lot size they would be alright. But everyone wants to be a millionaire in 3 days.
      Well I wouldn't say that is the lot volume the cause of loss. 1 lot can be high when your balance is small but very low if you have a huge balance. The risk should be measured in "percentage" at risk in your open trades according to the Stops used and not in the lot size used...

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Angry

wavestraders is on a distinguished road wavestraders's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      777.70 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

this is hard to do actually.........to stop the loss 100% is imposibble but we can reduce it to some ..... then we can see the profit came with a good mm rules

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wavestraders For This Useful Post:

Honest (07-22-2013)

15. Forex Game
      MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

Hoang Long is on a distinguished road Hoang Long's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      101.85 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wavestraders View Post
      this is hard to do actually.........to stop the loss 100% is imposibble but we can reduce it to some ..... then we can see the profit came with a good mm rules
      It's not impossible, stop loss by using Stop Loss and it was mean for Stop Loss function exit to save trader from Margin Call !lol

Certainly that we cannot avoid the loss in Forex trading but we can keep it in managed by many ways

Closed Thread
    Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 9 10 11 12 13 16 ... LastLast