• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the minimum amount needed to trade in gold?

Banned
      I am:
      ----

apu dhar is on a distinguished road apu dhar's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      45.70 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default What is the minimum amount needed to trade in gold?

what is the minimum amount needed to trade in gold in instaforex broker? it is very much important to know to me.i want to trade in gold but my capital is low..i want to know how much capital is needed minimum to trade i gold as well as what is the best leverage for that amount.suppose if my capital is 500$ then what leverage i choose in case of glod trading in insforex.

2. ForexCopy
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Tired

Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3389.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,165 Posts

there is no limit to that mate but mate you need a high balance account with if you want to trade in the gold coz the volatility is very high with the gold and for that you need high amount of the balance around i think 5 k would be good .

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      Bored

sniper eddie is an unknown quantity at this point sniper eddie's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      62.85 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

gold trading is different then currency trading, and almost in every broker , often the minimum lot size you trade in gold will be 10 times the the lot size you trade in any other currency, for example if the minimum lot size of currencies your broker offers is 0.01, the gold lot size would be 0.10, witch means you need a big account more the 1000$ to trade gold, and even more.

5. The following 2 users say Thank You to sniper eddie for this useful post.

goodguy333 (10-03-2013), neimad (08-11-2013)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Innocent

ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      754.27 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      80 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,473 Times in 800 Posts

well i traded with Gold for a while, my capital was $50 and in other account was $35 i traded with both and lot size 0.01, the smallest one. you can trade with these amount and if you have $500 capital then i believe its enough if you trade with small lots. also its risky to trade gold for long trades try to use hourly chart and do not let your trade for long period.
      I'm not RANDOM you just can't think as FAST as me

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Angry

fazilsookaal is on a distinguished road fazilsookaal's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      140.05 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

for trade with gold means XAUUSD you have to manage three things before start.what is the minimum lot size your broker give you, second is what is your leverage, and third is how many spread of your broker for Gold trade.if you have answer these three question surely you can calculate what is the minimum amount for open a position with gold.

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Lurking

neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      522.63 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sniper eddie View Post
      gold trading is different then currency trading, and almost in every broker , often the minimum lot size you trade in gold will be 10 times the the lot size you trade in any other currency, for example if the minimum lot size of currencies your broker offers is 0.01, the gold lot size would be 0.10, witch means you need a big account more the 1000$ to trade gold, and even more.
      If one trades micro-lots only, then $1000 sounds like the absolute minimum balance to have to trade gold. Otherwise it's simply too risky, even more so nowadays when gold is extremely volatile and the daily movements are twice or more what they used to be.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Chatty

rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4422.80 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      16 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,439 Times in 733 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apu dhar View Post
      what is the minimum amount needed to trade in gold in instaforex broker? it is very much important to know to me.i want to trade in gold but my capital is low..i want to know how much capital is needed minimum to trade i gold as well as what is the best leverage for that amount.suppose if my capital is 500$ then what leverage i choose in case of glod trading in insforex.
      if you asking the minimum capital that allow us to open trade in gold then my answer is if you have 20usd or more capital and leverage 1:200 you can open trade in gold with the lot size 0.01 not more then this size.and if you have 500usd capital the best leverage for gold is 1:100 and 1:200 also d follow proper money management rules for better results.

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Lurking

neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      522.63 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rahan07 View Post
      if you asking the minimum capital that allow us to open trade in gold then my answer is if you have 20usd or more capital and leverage 1:200 you can open trade in gold with the lot size 0.01 not more then this size.and if you have 500usd capital the best leverage for gold is 1:100 and 1:200 also d follow proper money management rules for better results.
      That 20 USD allows you only one trade. So you're going double or nothing. If you want to follow money management 50 trades means 1000 USD capital, and 100 trades (for 1% per trade MM) means 2000 USD capital. That's trading the absolute minim lot size that instaforex offers. Since most brokers offer 0.1 minim lots on gold, you have to increase everything I said by a factor of 10 to be even close to the real amounts needed to trade gold safely.

Banned
      I am:
      Angelic

merry88 is on a distinguished road merry88's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      148.90 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I trade Gold on the Profiforex platform and I opened my first deal with only a $100 using a leverage of 1:500. Thought that was risky. So, you can use a leverage of 1:100 on a $500 account size. With proper money management, I am sure you will make some good profit.

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Happy

tromso is a jewel in the rough tromso is a jewel in the rough tromso is a jewel in the rough tromso is a jewel in the rough tromso's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      29.90 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by merry88 View Post
      I trade Gold on the Profiforex platform and I opened my first deal with only a $100 using a leverage of 1:500. Thought that was risky. So, you can use a leverage of 1:100 on a $500 account size. With proper money management, I am sure you will make some good profit.
      if using 0.01 only need +- 15$
      for opening an order .
      and more lower if you open in micro acc

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast