• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Got Hacked? Go Here...

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 35,368 Times in 8,223 Posts

Default Got Hacked? Go Here...

This thread is a response to the recent claim that members got their forum account hacked.

First of all we should mention to all of you that MT5 Forex Forum is a secure place where you can interact and get monetary benefit from your participation. We have done our part to make this forum secure.

But of course there is another party that must be equally supportive to make the experience in this forum as secure as possible. That party is you as a member of our forum.

So what are the things that can help avoid your forum account being hacked? You can do these things:

1. clear your history, cookies after you use your internet on internet cafe.
      2. use caution if you use your own computer. remember to logout and clear your cookies if you want to (to add extra safety).
      3. change your password every month or two and use low case, upper case letters, numbers and special characters to make your password much much stronger.
      4. be careful of your "close friend". because hacking the account number password and the other is really, really hard so i am sure you wrote it somewhere and someone close stole it and hack your account.
      5. If you get an email or private message from unknown person or someone that claim to be the authority from this forum that contain any link then never click them because this is the most common hacking system. Also if they ask you to send email or private message with your password and username you should not do it because we never ask any member to do that. And if we do it we will do it in this forum not from other website or other forum. Even in this forum you should also pay attention to the username because there are bad guys who use usernames similar to our moderator/admin such as:

Toxic.
      Toxic-

you can get our real usernames in here

http://forum.mt5.com/showgroups.php

6. We should register at least 2 trading accounts ( fully verified ). After every 2 months we should change our trading account attached with the forum profile (only if it is allowed) so that no hacker can attach his account with our profile.
      7. Never to download pirated things from the web or even browse questionable websites, there are plenty of ways to infect a machine not just from downloads.
      8. Never use shared machine (computer labs, friends pc, cafes, etc) to access your email or important websites.

Hopefully, your forum account will be safe after doing those things.

If however, your forum account got hacked even after doing the things above (only after you do all of the things above) then you could post your case in this thread.

Thanks to (in no specific order):

MrEuro
      moneygrows
      bimasakti
      hwaleed
      National Guard
      Toxic
      Tarek
      Last edited by PhantomTrader79; 06-01-2014 at 05:24 AM. Reason: updating information.

2. The following 12 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

azmassi (03-29-2014), bidyut (11-06-2013), forexianz (11-06-2013), Georges (11-06-2013), Google Master (11-06-2013), hwaleed (11-06-2013), moneygrows (12-28-2013), MrEuro (11-06-2013), National Guard (11-19-2013), Passionate Pisces (03-28-2014), ssforex (03-28-2014), Toxic (11-06-2013)

Forum VIP
      I am:
      Mellow

Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1711.59 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 20,098 Times in 4,414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bindu View Post
      You can change your Trading account logging password once your account has successfully connected with this Forum. Once the account is attached to this forum, this forum will verify your account with their bonus campaign and you are no longer required to enter your trading account password. So if you are very afraid of that, you should better that procedure. And try to enter a complex password including CAPITAL, simple, $PECI@L characters, and numb3r5.
      Good suggestion, any trader afraid of hacks can also ensure that they do not trade on public computers and also keep on changing their passwords every few months.
      If you can kneel before God then you can stand before any man!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Georges For This Useful Post:

azmassi (06-02-2014)

5. <a href="http://www.mt5.com/">‘ÓūŚÍŮ ÔÓūÚŗŽ</a>
      MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Bored

Ahmed Osama is an unknown quantity at this point Ahmed Osama's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      122.55 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

The administrator does not respond to my messages and he was online .. So my friend will open a new account because all the money deposited to the traders today and it is gone and the administrator did not do anything to that thing . There is any problem in opening a new account with different email ??

I am:
      Crappy

dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 20,325 Times in 4,931 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Osama View Post
      The administrator does not respond to my messages and he was online .. So my friend will open a new account because all the money deposited to the traders today and it is gone and the administrator did not do anything to that thing . There is any problem in opening a new account with different email ??
      I really suggest you to wait a reply from Administrator and really suggest your friend to not open new account here in MT5 Forum because that way he can get into more serious trouble by losing both accounts because of multiple accounts and that way breaking forum rules.

8. The following 4 users say Thank You to dzin4aans for this useful post.

Ahmed Osama (06-03-2014), azmassi (06-03-2014), Georges (06-04-2014), PhantomTrader79 (06-09-2014)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Lonely

maklad94 has a spectacular aura about maklad94 has a spectacular aura about maklad94's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      864.61 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I have restored my account again thanks to all members in this great forum and the special thanks to the administrator who helped me really and was so co-operative .. I am really happy even i did not get my past month bonus .

10. The following 6 users say Thank You to maklad94 for this useful post.

مناڈکیت (06-05-2014), azmassi (06-05-2014), dzin4aans (06-05-2014), Georges (06-05-2014), moneygrows (06-12-2014), PhantomTrader79 (06-09-2014)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Osama View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by maklad94 View Post
      I have restored my account again thanks to all members in this great forum and the special thanks to the administrator who helped me really and was so co-operative .. I am really happy even i did not get my past month bonus .
      Ok then, I'm glad your case is solved.

12. The following 4 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

مناڈکیت (06-10-2014), dzin4aans (06-09-2014), maklad94 (06-09-2014), snsbd (06-11-2014)

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

sunlight is on a distinguished road sunlight's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      59.16 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

help me please my account name is :gamil

im here from two years and half but today not receive any bonus and mu account not open or response to email or password what can i do please help

I am:
      Busy

moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 22,406 Times in 5,484 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
      help me please my account name is :gamil

im here from two years and half but today not receive any bonus and mu account not open or response to email or password what can i do please help
      Really? How many accounts you have here?

15. The following 2 users say Thank You to moneygrows for this useful post.

dzin4aans (07-05-2014), Toxic (07-04-2014)

Banned
      I am:
      Lonely

New Moon is on a distinguished road New Moon's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      207.90 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I think that to increase the security of members accounts it is necessary to develop or add security question and mobile code verification. I hope and believe, it can safe the forum members account and also the trading account.

We see that to account there need two level verification but it is to forum accounts to save from hacking add security question and mobile code verification.

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by New Moon View Post
      I think that to increase the security of members accounts it is necessary to develop or add security question and mobile code verification. I hope and believe, it can safe the forum members account and also the trading account.

We see that to account there need two level verification but it is to forum accounts to save from hacking add security question and mobile code verification.
      That's true... but it's quite troublesome to make that kind of security link (from forum to mobile phone). For the most part the steps that are described in the 1st post should be enough to prevent such a misfortune.

18. The following 2 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

Black Mamba (07-08-2014), MIS (07-08-2014)

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      Amazed

Abid Ali Solangi is an unknown quantity at this point Abid Ali Solangi's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      38.70 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

thank you for given this information it is very important information to secure our accounts.
      "AAS"

If you like my posts then click on Thanks

Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast