• Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 151 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Take Profit is Worthy?

Hybrid View

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      Cool

silenteyes has a spectacular aura about silenteyes has a spectacular aura about silenteyes's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Take Profit is Worthy?

Hi Traders,

Lets share your opinions here. All of us talk about the importance of stop loss but take profit is given less importance.

Share your experiences about Take Profit.

I lost more than 100 pips today just because I had not set the Tp. The market went down to more than 100 pips. I was away from computer for 2 hours and market came back to original order price. I was lucky that I came back just at right time to close the trade at 1 pip Profit

2. The Following User Says Thank You to silenteyes For This Useful Post:

Frans Frank (02-25-2013)

Banned
      I am:
      ----

budirara will become famous soon enough budirara's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

to take profit I put between 20-50 pips per day with a stop loss to 100 pips during this often hit my stop loss may still have to learn again for a good price analysis

Banned
      I am:
      ----

sanjib3069 is on a distinguished road sanjib3069's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by budirara View Post
      to take profit I put between 20-50 pips per day with a stop loss to 100 pips during this often hit my stop loss may still have to learn again for a good price analysis
      your stop loss is bigger than take profit which does not justify capital management . i think stop loss and take profit should be nearer amount in every trade. then your trade will justify proper capital money management.

Banned
      I am:
      ----

waqasashraf17 will become famous soon enough waqasashraf17 will become famous soon enough waqasashraf17's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by budirara View Post
      dear i think your stop loss is very little because we can not control forex market that is why please increase your stop loss and learn forex with great care and hard working.

Forum VIP
      I am:
      ----

wahabraheem is a jewel in the rough wahabraheem is a jewel in the rough wahabraheem is a jewel in the rough wahabraheem is a jewel in the rough wahabraheem's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waqasashraf17 View Post
      dear i think your stop loss is very little because we can not control forex market that is why please increase your stop loss and learn forex with great care and hard working.
      stop losses basically mean that if the market go against of you then you should be out with you limited risk so that`s why we have to admit that stop losses are very important in the Forex trading

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Relaxed

krimoandkrimz will become famous soon enough krimoandkrimz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I think a 100 pip stop loss isn't little at all unless it is a long term trading style and looking from the the profit target of that trader i think he/she isn't doing long term trading..In fact that stop loss might be too big...If a 100 pip stop loss keeps getting hit that indicates that there may be something wrong with the strategy and not necessarily the stop loss itself...
      Smile if you are reading this, that means that you are still alive...where there's life there's hope!...Do not let anything get you down, life is too short...

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cool

Chelsea91 is a jewel in the rough Chelsea91 is a jewel in the rough Chelsea91 is a jewel in the rough Chelsea91's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krimoandkrimz View Post
      I think a 100 pip stop loss isn't little at all unless it is a long term trading style and looking from the the profit target of that trader i think he/she isn't doing long term trading..In fact that stop loss might be too big...If a 100 pip stop loss keeps getting hit that indicates that there may be something wrong with the strategy and not necessarily the stop loss itself...
      in some pairs 100 pip stop loss does not work because the pair has daily average more than this
      stop loss is best used based on the support or the resistance levels
      we should also keep in mind the volatility of the pair

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chelsea91 For This Useful Post:

Frans Frank (02-25-2013)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      ----

trinh316 has a spectacular aura about trinh316 has a spectacular aura about trinh316's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

stop losses are important when you are trading because if you can take the trades and know how much you are willing to lose then that would be better than blowing your account so quickly.

Banned
      I am:
      Drunk

asolole is an unknown quantity at this point asolole's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aamirsalafi View Post
      I see A as a successful long - this is just starting a long trend. I see a Minor pullback that has a breakaway

I see B is a short that you would have had to already been in at the break. This one doesn't have the right look for me to consider a valid short. Curve looks wrong.
      Need long time to learn forex as an expert as beginner we have to try trading forex with demo account firstly learn about forex, make discussion with master forex

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

kunto will become famous soon enough kunto's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

in forex trading stop loss and take profit is obligatory. to give a sense of security on our trading stop loss must be greater than the targeted take profit. example, if you open trading at the 1.2230 sell you have to give SL 1.2260, TP 1.2220 something like that.

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 151 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast