• Sick
  • Sleepy
  • Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • View Poll Results: What do you read before you trade?

Voters
    17. You may not vote on this poll
    • Economic News

3 17.65%
    • Indicators

3 17.65%
    • Both

11 64.71%
    Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Economic news vs Indicators

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cool

superon is on a distinguished road superon's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      222.51 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Economic reviews can give us forecast power with which we can predict something and indicators are the real price per hour , which is the the fact than fiction or prediction , whatever we expected according to some infulence or factor may or may not effect the price or financial resistance of a country , but we actually follow both economic review and indicators for our trades in the case of indicators you can assume that the same thing happens today in a same time schedule that your indicators find according yesterday.

2. lamborghini
      MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Buzzed

nagnoc is on a distinguished road nagnoc's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      111.15 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

At this point in my FOREX life, I find myself utilizing the news far more than the indicators. In fact sometimes i never use indicators. but i also trade more in metals and oils.

I am:
      Busy

moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 22,623 Times in 5,485 Posts

Both are useful tools. Indicator can provide us with means to calculate our entry and exit timing while news can make a currency move hundreds of pips. Combining both will help you make your decision accurately.

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Lurking

neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      522.63 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superon View Post
      Economic reviews can give us forecast power with which we can predict something and indicators are the real price per hour , which is the the fact than fiction or prediction , whatever we expected according to some infulence or factor may or may not effect the price or financial resistance of a country , but we actually follow both economic review and indicators for our trades in the case of indicators you can assume that the same thing happens today in a same time schedule that your indicators find according yesterday.
      That's incorrect. I have explained it better in other posts in this section. Here's the short version: the news you expect is already priced in the market. The difference between the expectation and the actual result is what drives the market when the moves happen, or it's the closure of the initial position who profited from rumors or from correctly predicting the result before it happened.

If the news and economic reviews you speak of would be so easy to understand, then every single fundamental trader would be profitable.

Forum Guru
      I am:
      Cheerful

goldeneyes is a jewel in the rough goldeneyes is a jewel in the rough goldeneyes is a jewel in the rough goldeneyes is a jewel in the rough goldeneyes's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1858.70 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

indicator is made from the trader formula that wish to counting back data to predict the future movement. We cant compare the news with the indicator. For sure indicator only help to counting, the prediction and decision still in trader hands. Cant blame indicator either.
      Need more than 1 minutes to reply a post, Need only 3 second to click "Thanks" if you think it's useful.
      My Twitter

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Cool

seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      988.54 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,003 Times in 446 Posts

what i know is that the price chart includes all the possible sentiment from whatever economic data in the price shown because the price chart shows exactly what people are thinking from the demand and supply they make which is reflected in price

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Lurking

neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seadof** View Post
      what i know is that the price chart includes all the possible sentiment from whatever economic data in the price shown because the price chart shows exactly what people are thinking from the demand and supply they make which is reflected in price
      That's right.
      All that remains for you is to actually know and understand the underlying sentiment and trade in it's direction until it changes. Sounds easy yet it's so hard to do, right?

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 35,887 Times in 8,409 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neimad View Post
      ...Here's the short version: the news you expect is already priced in the market...
      yup. Jim Rogers mentioned this. John J. Murphy mentioned this. big traders mentioned this.
      so why should i ignore that important observation?
      the price is all i need.

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      Angry

Jimmy Blake will become famous soon enough Jimmy Blake's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      255.85 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neimad View Post
      That's incorrect. I have explained it better in other posts in this section. Here's the short version: the news you expect is already priced in the market. The difference between the expectation and the actual result is what drives the market when the moves happen, or it's the closure of the initial position who profited from rumors or from correctly predicting the result before it happened.

If the news and economic reviews you speak of would be so easy to understand, then every single fundamental trader would be profitable.
      Highlighted potion: Not necessarily so. You see, majority of the forex traders never know what the actual news release figures will be so it is never really actually priced, just the expectation. That is why you see spikes in the prices when there is a news release and if the figure is a surprise figure, it drives price for a long while.

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Lurking

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Blake View Post
      Highlighted potion: Not necessarily so. You see, majority of the forex traders never know what the actual news release figures will be so it is never really actually priced, just the expectation. That is why you see spikes in the prices when there is a news release and if the figure is a surprise figure, it drives price for a long while.
      That's exactly what I said. Did you just rephrase it differently or you didn't understand my point?
      Just wondering.

Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast