photo
Earn up to
$50000
for inviting friends
to get StartUp Bonus
from InstaForex
No investments required!
Start trading without
any investments and risks
WITH NEW STARTUP
BONUS 1000$
GET BONUS
55%
from InstaForex
on every deposit
  • Amazed
  • Amused
  • Angelic
  • Angry
  • Asleep
  • Bashul
  • Bitchy
  • Blah
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Buzzed
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crappy
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Dead
  • Devilish
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drunk
  • Fine
  • Flirty
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hot
  • Hungover
  • Innocent
  • Inspired
  • In_Love
  • Lonely
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleepy
  • Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • View Poll Results: What do you read before you trade?

    Voters
    17. You may not vote on this poll
    • Economic News

      3 17.65%
    • Indicators

      3 17.65%
    • Both

      11 64.71%
    Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 40

    Thread: Economic news vs Indicators

    1. #21
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cool
       
      superon is on a distinguished road superon's Avatar
      Posts
      1,022
      Accumulated bonus
      222.51 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      12
      Thanked 39 Times in 25 Posts

      Default

      Economic reviews can give us forecast power with which we can predict something and indicators are the real price per hour , which is the the fact than fiction or prediction , whatever we expected according to some infulence or factor may or may not effect the price or financial resistance of a country , but we actually follow both economic review and indicators for our trades in the case of indicators you can assume that the same thing happens today in a same time schedule that your indicators find according yesterday.


    2. lamborghini
    3. #22
      MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Buzzed
       
      nagnoc is on a distinguished road nagnoc's Avatar
      Posts
      562
      Accumulated bonus
      111.15 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

      Default

      At this point in my FOREX life, I find myself utilizing the news far more than the indicators. In fact sometimes i never use indicators. but i also trade more in metals and oils.


    4. #23
      Moderator
      I am:
      Busy
       
      moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows's Avatar
      Posts
      12,393
      Thanks
      36,911
      Thanked 22,623 Times in 5,485 Posts

      Default

      Both are useful tools. Indicator can provide us with means to calculate our entry and exit timing while news can make a currency move hundreds of pips. Combining both will help you make your decision accurately.


    5. #24
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      Lurking
       
      neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad's Avatar
      Posts
      2,588
      Accumulated bonus
      522.63 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      73
      Thanked 211 Times in 109 Posts

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by superon View Post
      Economic reviews can give us forecast power with which we can predict something and indicators are the real price per hour , which is the the fact than fiction or prediction , whatever we expected according to some infulence or factor may or may not effect the price or financial resistance of a country , but we actually follow both economic review and indicators for our trades in the case of indicators you can assume that the same thing happens today in a same time schedule that your indicators find according yesterday.
      That's incorrect. I have explained it better in other posts in this section. Here's the short version: the news you expect is already priced in the market. The difference between the expectation and the actual result is what drives the market when the moves happen, or it's the closure of the initial position who profited from rumors or from correctly predicting the result before it happened.

      If the news and economic reviews you speak of would be so easy to understand, then every single fundamental trader would be profitable.


    6. #25
      Forum Guru
      I am:
      Cheerful
       
      goldeneyes is a jewel in the rough goldeneyes is a jewel in the rough goldeneyes is a jewel in the rough goldeneyes is a jewel in the rough goldeneyes's Avatar
      Posts
      8,607
      Accumulated bonus
      1858.70 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      176
      Thanked 337 Times in 177 Posts

      Default

      indicator is made from the trader formula that wish to counting back data to predict the future movement. We cant compare the news with the indicator. For sure indicator only help to counting, the prediction and decision still in trader hands. Cant blame indicator either.
      Need more than 1 minutes to reply a post, Need only 3 second to click "Thanks" if you think it's useful.
      My Twitter


    7. #26
      I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Cool
       
      seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx has much to be proud of seadoffx's Avatar
      Posts
      4,973
      Accumulated bonus
      988.54 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      318
      Thanked 1,003 Times in 446 Posts

      Default

      what i know is that the price chart includes all the possible sentiment from whatever economic data in the price shown because the price chart shows exactly what people are thinking from the demand and supply they make which is reflected in price


    8. #27
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      Lurking
       
      neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad's Avatar
      Posts
      2,588
      Accumulated bonus
      522.63 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      73
      Thanked 211 Times in 109 Posts

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by seadof** View Post
      what i know is that the price chart includes all the possible sentiment from whatever economic data in the price shown because the price chart shows exactly what people are thinking from the demand and supply they make which is reflected in price
      That's right.
      All that remains for you is to actually know and understand the underlying sentiment and trade in it's direction until it changes. Sounds easy yet it's so hard to do, right?


    9. #28
      Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine
       
      PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Posts
      17,386
      Thanks
      42,650
      Thanked 35,887 Times in 8,409 Posts

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by neimad View Post
      ...Here's the short version: the news you expect is already priced in the market...
      yup. Jim Rogers mentioned this. John J. Murphy mentioned this. big traders mentioned this.
      so why should i ignore that important observation?
      the price is all i need.


    10. #29
      FX Super Hero
      I am:
      Angry
       
      Jimmy Blake will become famous soon enough Jimmy Blake's Avatar
      Posts
      1,225
      Accumulated bonus
      255.85 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      77
      Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by neimad View Post
      That's incorrect. I have explained it better in other posts in this section. Here's the short version: the news you expect is already priced in the market. The difference between the expectation and the actual result is what drives the market when the moves happen, or it's the closure of the initial position who profited from rumors or from correctly predicting the result before it happened.

      If the news and economic reviews you speak of would be so easy to understand, then every single fundamental trader would be profitable.
      Highlighted potion: Not necessarily so. You see, majority of the forex traders never know what the actual news release figures will be so it is never really actually priced, just the expectation. That is why you see spikes in the prices when there is a news release and if the figure is a surprise figure, it drives price for a long while.


    11. #30
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      Lurking
       
      neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad has a spectacular aura about neimad's Avatar
      Posts
      2,588
      Accumulated bonus
      522.63 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      73
      Thanked 211 Times in 109 Posts

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Blake View Post
      Highlighted potion: Not necessarily so. You see, majority of the forex traders never know what the actual news release figures will be so it is never really actually priced, just the expectation. That is why you see spikes in the prices when there is a news release and if the figure is a surprise figure, it drives price for a long while.
      That's exactly what I said. Did you just rephrase it differently or you didn't understand my point?
      Just wondering.


    Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts