• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How many pips difference you keep between 2 deals? (Part 2)

MT5 GURU
      Ex-Moderator
      I am:
      ----

Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      7409.65 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arubh View Post
      When opening 2 deals in same currency how many pips difference you people keep. please give me idea because sometimes I am at loss of 6usd to 10 usd when I should open new deal in same direction in same currency
      What you are doing is not a good approach at all: if you have one deal opened at a currency pair, don't open another one in the same direction. It means the trend is going against you, and instead of you to acknowledge you were wrong and closing that position out, you give more risk to it.
      MT5 Forum Daily Contest: Black Frame Talent - Win up to 5$ daily to your Real InstaForex account!

MT5 Forum Weekly Contest: Guess Forex Trend - Win up to 25$ weekly to your Real InstaForex account!

MT5 Forum Monthly Contest: Best Topic Starter Awards - Win up to 30$ monthly to your Real InstaForex account!

2. ForexCopy
      MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      ----

Bisma22 is on a distinguished road Bisma22's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      665.05 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

in calculating the difference in pips then depending in the operation of the indicators used, if it is still possible price movement will move strong as predicted then use 100 pips but if the indicator shows a weak indication then simply use 20 pips only. from time to time then there is no definite rules to calculate the difference in pips.

Banned
      I am:
      ----

bigboy will become famous soon enough bigboy will become famous soon enough bigboy's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1379.15 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Like 20-30 pips different, when a trader has give me loss and the loss is like 20-30 pips I open new trade with the same direction of the market, that's the difference I keep between two traders or three.

Forum Master
      I am:
      Busy

berich will become famous soon enough berich will become famous soon enough berich's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1614.20 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

How many pips difference you keep between 2 deals? (2)
      I generally set 30 pips away for the first one. But not the same type I usually hedge my trade. It actually help me to give my trade some time without further loss. Sometime it brings profit as well of some 10/20 pips. If you 2000 pip coverage then you can try another trade at the same direction of first one as well.
      Well I think that this post is most especially more important for forex traders that hedge am a trader that don't hedge so I dont' think that this is a welcome trading method by me.
      At last A System That Works 85% Of The Time, forex guides

Quitters never WIN; Winners never Quit!!!

Banned
      I am:
      Bored

meong will become famous soon enough meong's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1320.92 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

for my trade because i make averaging strategy and i did not use huge capital so i have to put a rather long distance in every trade that i made, the most trade distance i give it about 20pips for eur-usd and gbp-usd for other pair i still not yet found the formula

Banned
      I am:
      ----

hameed will become famous soon enough hameed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1714.70 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

well if my trade is going on fine in one direction, i do not see the reason why i should open another trade on that same pair, because the forex market is a dynamic market things can change anytime and the market will make a reverse and make a mess of my initial gains.

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

Forexaddicted is on a distinguished road Forexaddicted's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      468.50 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

The point is with my trading method, the way that I trade is based on making analysis, when I am being able to make good analysis and get to know the way that my strategy works.

I don't care about other things aside from risk management, analysis is one hell of important thing any trader has got to know how it is been done and how to succeed on managing risk.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Happy

goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5102.51 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      400 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,065 Times in 2,419 Posts

Red face

Well,it depends on your Trade set ups,i.e.,Capital,the lot,leverage,# of trades,the works

I myself keep the trades in such a way that there is enough margin even if all the trades ends up in losses

But that is easier said than done and is quite tricky often,especially when you want to earn more with less capital in a short time

As such,you must plan everything else in advance so that you don't have to worry about the consequences of the trades
      The Real Money is in 100% Compounding

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

fxsumonmollik is on a distinguished road fxsumonmollik's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      529.85 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

From my view I think minimum 50 pips gaps required to open a new trade on same pair. It is my idea & I use this technique except news time. If trade go 25 pips favor that time I close my 2nd trade. When I find more then 10 pips that time I close my 1st trade on a 15 pips negative value. Average I make 10 pips profit from 2 trades.

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

ahmadfx is an unknown quantity at this point ahmadfx's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      110.20 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Yes it can be determent and adjusted according to your money management or risk management skill, but it should be set after some experience in demo account after practicing it on historical data you can easily find the best point.

Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast