• Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread
    Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 6 ...

Thread: Symbiosis strategy

1. #1 Collapse Post
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4575 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,279 Times in 2,750 Posts
      SubscribeSubscribe
      Subsribed: 0

Default Symbiosis strategy

Welcome traders!

This is the thread of "symbiosis strategy", it is one that I've personally traded and do trade live on and off for a few years now. I will not link all proof of profits but some of it will for sure be here. The goal of this strategy is to create balance, not profit. Let me be clear about this, as a trader you do not aim to make profit with this strategy only to position yourself in such that you are in balance with the market. Profit though is a bi product that happens if you do this correctly.

How is it all done? Well for starters it is a strategy of trade on two charts, it can be more but .. i will explain that later. Chart A is for the actual trading, here i place trades, i go long and i go short. Chart B is for investing, not trading, here there are only long trades.
      On both charts there will be stop losses used but they are not present at the start of a position, it is only once a position is profitable that a stop loss is placed into position to safeguard the small profit that is there.
      On chart A there will be hedged trades, meaning that if i have 3 long positions there will be 3 short positions. It can also mean that on chart a i have 3 long positions and 1 short position with 2 pending short stop sell orders below it all. Because 3 long + 3 short is 0 here, that is balance and what we look for.

On chart B there are no hedged trades. I will make a picture explaining this, but not right now. Chart B is traded with commodity indexes mostly and chart A is traded with anything that i like, currently USD/CHF. If there are several charts B open, then that is because i might be trading sugar on one, gold on one and then maybe oil on another etc..

On chart B the trader puts on positions and does not care what happens to them. If profit comes there then stop loss is created by method discussed here. When it happens that the trades on chart A create profit that opens up the opportunity to use this profit to place trades on chart B. For example if a profit of 150 USD has been made then chart B can place one trade at the price of 15 on a silver chart, because 150 USD is what the value is if this position goes all the way to zero.
      It is up to the trader to use the profits created by chart A to fund the trades on chart B and also for the profits on chart B to fund trades back on chart A if more margin is needed. If done correctly chart A will make profits and these will be used to place trades on chart B, also when chart B makes profit new trades on chart B will be made thinking that chart A does not need the additional margin earned. This is why this system is called symbiosis, one chart feeds the other but they are non dependent still.

Taking a position
      The criteria to take a position are the same on chart A and B, other then on B we do not use hedging. On the charts there is an ichimoku cloud (only) not the span or the other two lines, there is also an indicator below the chart. Currently i like the stochastic indicator, which is used to gage market strength/cycles and or divergence.
      Positions are to be taken when a price action formation formulates on the chart. The price action formations used are; engulfing bar, pinbar with max 10% headpin and minimum 1/2 tail, doji's are used and harami signal is used if it confirms a level in price. Doji is used as a warning sign and if equality is needed, trades can be placed upon this.

I will not go into detail explaining these price action signals as that would have me write an entire book here. I leave to the trader to learn about price action, please read from the author Nison. Do not read from another source unless you are Japanese and have the books from the 1800 century

Only look for long positions if price is below the ichimoku cloud and short if price is above it.

Take positions so that your account becomes equal, this applies to chart A only. That means that if you have 3 long positions you should only try to find short positions. Preferably 3 longs for 3 shorts = balance. I like to have a maximum discrepancy of 3 positions, meaning that if i am long 10 positions then i like to have at least 7 positions short. Where 10 - 7 = 3 = maximum discrepancy. Remember that you do not have to place market orders to make balance but can use pending orders, so that if the market goes in the "wrong" direction you are filled and keep the discrepancy up to date with the market.

i use this image again later..

look below B and C, if i was long 5 orders and only have 2 orders short i would place pending short orders below B+C to create balance.

Creating stop loss
      This method is exactly the same for chart A and B. Stop loss created when a trade is in profit, by enough size. How much this size is depends on the time frame used.
      When i have time to trade i use m15 charts from 08:00 to 16:00 after that i like to use h1 charts. On these charts i like to lock in profit once i see 15 pips profit. Once 15 pips is on the table make a stop loss of 1-2 pips.

Stop loss can also be created after a position is less then 15 pips profit, if price reaches a new level = goes through a high and closes there. Or a reverse price action signal is on the chart. When new information has come to the market and the chart is showing it, if the chart is weak then lock in profit. Also like i said if the market made a new high we lock in profit because we simply do not want to give back that which we have. If another higher high is created we then again move stops to lock in more profit.

look at this picture:

I was short since yesterday, price went up from the point B and later closed below B again. The bar C did this close. Because of this i created a stop loss locking this in, just above the formation at B.

Position sizing
      Position sizing is used by the formula: (free account equity / 3500 = lot size) . that means that if you have an account of 100 USD you will use: 100 / 3500 = 0.028 ==> 0.03 lot size for orders. This is for leverage of 500 on an instaforex account. If you are an experienced trader you could experiment with the 3500 number, i feel that using a value of down to 2500 is possible. Using a higher number will make trading go slower in general, because there will be more free equity to use.

Free margin management
      I like to use 20% as a number for this. Once i am using 20% of my margin then i close all my positions and restart from none. Using the above formula for an account of 100 USD that means you will have many many positions. If you have an equity of 118 and use a margin of 1.4 then you are using 0.01% of your free margin. The formula for this is: (margin / equity = X percent)

Additional info
      Consider using an Islamic account for this strategy. Having no swap is good here.

If you as a trader do not grasp the FULL EXTENT of this strategy then do not attempt it, because it will surely destroy your account.

Also please do not post BS in this thread, i will surely report it.

But please do ask questions, i will answer them as time allows me. More examples will follow!

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

here are some examples of price action entry signals:

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

here is an example of when the market changed, we had a short but the bull harami appeared and since that is a reverse signal we lock in the profits.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

on this image we have at least 3 long positions, but if price goes under the reverse line we want to go short to equalize the positions. keeping a max difference of 3.

but if price would go up from here, the short would not be filled and we would be left with pure profit. though on this example price goes short and we can continue locking in profits, here on the short side.

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

2. 9 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

AkuRapopo (12-15-2014), Arief Makmur (12-16-2014), bidyut (01-04-2015), Black Mamba (01-23-2015), ding dong (12-15-2014), niklospain (09-23-2019), PhantomTrader79 (12-16-2014), snsbd (01-04-2015), Toxic (01-04-2015)

3. #2 Collapse Post
      Forum Master
      I am:
      Relaxed

ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1446 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,099 Times in 2,115 Posts
      SubscribeSubscribe

good strategy, mate.
      use Ichimoku and stochastic filter to see OB, and OS.
      looks simple, but powerful to be able to assist in the analysis of the market.

4. #3 Collapse Post
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4575 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      SubscribeSubscribe

Quote Originally Posted by ding dong     
      good strategy, mate.
      use Ichimoku and stochastic filter to see OB, and OS.
      looks simple, but powerful to be able to assist in the analysis of the market.
      yea thanx. it took me a while to write it down but.. it is really a simple strategy once you get the hang of it. try it out if you want.. sometimes i don't use stochastic for the filter but i might use a bollinger on the chart for it, or rsi.. but same same really. i will probably make a journal for this also.

<--

5. 2 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

ding dong (12-16-2014), niklospain (09-23-2019)

6. #4 Collapse Post
      Forum Guru
      I am:
      Sad

AkuRapopo is a splendid one to behold AkuRapopo is a splendid one to behold AkuRapopo is a splendid one to behold AkuRapopo is a splendid one to behold AkuRapopo is a splendid one to behold AkuRapopo is a splendid one to behold AkuRapopo is a splendid one to behold AkuRapopo is a splendid one to behold AkuRapopo's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1879 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      SubscribeSubscribe

hello mate, thanks for share your good review of the strategy, i hope you can share your trading journal too, so the members here can get their lessons too, i am sutre you are ea good trader too, so i hope you can share your trading experience too brother

oh and one again, i wanna ask, how you take the second sell position in first picure?

Though trading on financial markets entails high risk, still it can generate extra income on condition that you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

7. 2 users say Thank You to AkuRapopo for this useful post.

ding dong (12-15-2014), niklospain (09-23-2019)

8. #5 Collapse Post
      Forum Master
      I am:
      Relaxed

ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1446 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,099 Times in 2,115 Posts
      SubscribeSubscribe

Quote Originally Posted by AkuRapopo     
      hello mate, thanks for share your good review of the strategy, i hope you can share your trading journal too, so the members here can get their lessons too, i am sutre you are ea good trader too, so i hope you can share your trading experience too brother

oh and one again, i wanna ask, how you take the second sell position in first picure?
      yup, you're right. keep a journal is an interesting thing to be mutually intelligible.
      This will be interesting, and some live analysis when the price is runing condition is a good response to understand, hihihiii ....

9. #6 Collapse Post
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      4575 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      SubscribeSubscribe

Quote Originally Posted by AkuRapopo     

sold it on a day before, picture showing h1 chart. trade was on m15, that's why it does not show

yea thx !

---------- Post added 12-16-2014 at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-15-2014 at 11:00 PM ----------

here is another example:

the chart is a little bit important, the level that i marked. that is what i want to point out here. also the orders must be at balance like i said. if you summarize the positions you will find that 0.04 sell is missing, that is why i want to place a sell order ==> to create balance. because it is a sell order i need to do this i place the pending sell stop below it all, at the level.

also i know it doesn't show on the image, but you can see 9526 on the chart. if you look at the sell stop it is just below that at 9521.

so in this example if price goes down, i make balance of the orders. if price goes up i can lock in profits. this is how i leave the charts because at this time it is the Japan/Aus open sessions in Eu we sleep and also i sleep. so that is why i leave the system in balance.

<--

10. #7 Collapse Post
      MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Fine

Arief Makmur is a name known to all Arief Makmur is a name known to all Arief Makmur is a name known to all Arief Makmur is a name known to all Arief Makmur is a name known to all Arief Makmur is a name known to all Arief Makmur's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      706 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      SubscribeSubscribe

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Tatsumaki     
      Welcome traders!

This is the thread of "symbiosis strategy", it is one that I've personally traded and do trade live on and off for a few years now. I will not link all proof of profits but some of it will for sure be here. The goal of this strategy is to create balance, not profit. Let me be clear about this, as a trader you do not aim to make profit with this strategy only to position yourself in such that you are in balance with the market. Profit though is a bi product that happens if you do this correctly.

How is it all done? Well for starters it is a strategy of trade on two charts, it can be more but .. i will explain that later. Chart A is for the actual trading, here i place trades, i go long and i go short. Chart B is for investing, not trading, here there are only long trades.
      On both charts there will be stop losses used but they are not present at the start of a position, it is only once a position is profitable that a stop loss is placed into position to safeguard the small profit that is there.
      On chart A there will be hedged trades, meaning that if i have 3 long positions there will be 3 short positions. It can also mean that on chart a i have 3 long positions and 1 short position with 2 pending short stop sell orders below it all. Because 3 long + 3 short is 0 here, that is balance and what we look for.

On chart B there are no hedged trades. I will make a picture explaining this, but not right now. Chart B is traded with commodity indexes mostly and chart A is traded with anything that i like, currently USD/CHF. If there are several charts B open, then that is because i might be trading sugar on one, gold on one and then maybe oil on another etc..

On chart B the trader puts on positions and does not care what happens to them. If profit comes there then stop loss is created by method discussed here. When it happens that the trades on chart A create profit that opens up the opportunity to use this profit to place trades on chart B. For example if a profit of 150 USD has been made then chart B can place one trade at the price of 15 on a silver chart, because 150 USD is what the value is if this position goes all the way to zero.
      It is up to the trader to use the profits created by chart A to fund the trades on chart B and also for the profits on chart B to fund trades back on chart A if more margin is needed. If done correctly chart A will make profits and these will be used to place trades on chart B, also when chart B makes profit new trades on chart B will be made thinking that chart A does not need the additional margin earned. This is why this system is called symbiosis, one chart feeds the other but they are non dependent still.

Taking a position
      The criteria to take a position are the same on chart A and B, other then on B we do not use hedging. On the charts there is an ichimoku cloud (only) not the span or the other two lines, there is also an indicator below the chart. Currently i like the stochastic indicator, which is used to gage market strength/cycles and or divergence.
      Positions are to be taken when a price action formation formulates on the chart. The price action formations used are; engulfing bar, pinbar with max 10% headpin and minimum 1/2 tail, doji's are used and harami signal is used if it confirms a level in price. Doji is used as a warning sign and if equality is needed, trades can be placed upon this.

I will not go into detail explaining these price action signals as that would have me write an entire book here. I leave to the trader to learn about price action, please read from the author Nison. Do not read from another source unless you are Japanese and have the books from the 1800 century

Only look for long positions if price is below the ichimoku cloud and short if price is above it.

Take positions so that your account becomes equal, this applies to chart A only. That means that if you have 3 long positions you should only try to find short positions. Preferably 3 longs for 3 shorts = balance. I like to have a maximum discrepancy of 3 positions, meaning that if i am long 10 positions then i like to have at least 7 positions short. Where 10 - 7 = 3 = maximum discrepancy. Remember that you do not have to place market orders to make balance but can use pending orders, so that if the market goes in the "wrong" direction you are filled and keep the discrepancy up to date with the market.

look below B and C, if i was long 5 orders and only have 2 orders short i would place pending short orders below B+C to create balance.

Creating stop loss
      This method is exactly the same for chart A and B. Stop loss created when a trade is in profit, by enough size. How much this size is depends on the time frame used.
      When i have time to trade i use m15 charts from 08:00 to 16:00 after that i like to use h1 charts. On these charts i like to lock in profit once i see 15 pips profit. Once 15 pips is on the table make a stop loss of 1-2 pips.

Stop loss can also be created after a position is less then 15 pips profit, if price reaches a new level = goes through a high and closes there. Or a reverse price action signal is on the chart. When new information has come to the market and the chart is showing it, if the chart is weak then lock in profit. Also like i said if the market made a new high we lock in profit because we simply do not want to give back that which we have. If another higher high is created we then again move stops to lock in more profit.

look at this picture:

I was short since yesterday, price went up from the point B and later closed below B again. The bar C did this close. Because of this i created a stop loss locking this in, just above the formation at B.

Position sizing
      Position sizing is used by the formula: (free account equity / 3500 = lot size) . that means that if you have an account of 100 USD you will use: 100 / 3500 = 0.028 ==> 0.03 lot size for orders. This is for leverage of 500 on an instaforex account. If you are an experienced trader you could experiment with the 3500 number, i feel that using a value of down to 2500 is possible. Using a higher number will make trading go slower in general, because there will be more free equity to use.

Free margin management
      I like to use 20% as a number for this. Once i am using 20% of my margin then i close all my positions and restart from none. Using the above formula for an account of 100 USD that means you will have many many positions. If you have an equity of 118 and use a margin of 1.4 then you are using 0.01% of your free margin. The formula for this is: (margin / equity = X percent)

Additional info
      Consider using an Islamic account for this strategy. Having no swap is good here.

If you as a trader do not grasp the FULL EXTENT of this strategy then do not attempt it, because it will surely destroy your account.

But please do ask questions, i will answer them as time allows me. More examples will follow!

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

here is an example of when the market changed, we had a short but the bull harami appeared and since that is a reverse signal we lock in the profits.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

on this image we have at least 3 long positions, but if price goes under the reverse line we want to go short to equalize the positions. keeping a max difference of 3.

but if price would go up from here, the short would not be filled and we would be left with pure profit. though on this example price goes short and we can continue locking in profits, here on the short side.
      Nice and very interesting Trading System and strategy. You just using a Kumo's only from the Ichimoku and the Stochastic and the Pin Bars Candles as your entry signal. Like it.
      (Disclaimer)

11. #8 Collapse Post
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      4575 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      SubscribeSubscribe

actually using price action signals a lot, or mostly, for entries but yes. i like it to! hehe

here is another example

pinbar on m15, since i have some time and the rules allow for a long position i can take this one. price is below ichimoku cloud and the pinbar is close to the low level.

<--

12. #9 Collapse Post
      Banned
      I am:
      ----

shankees is a jewel in the rough shankees is a jewel in the rough shankees is a jewel in the rough shankees's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      660 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      SubscribeSubscribe

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Tatsumaki     
      Welcome traders!

Taking a position

Creating stop loss

look at this picture:

Position sizing

Free margin management

Additional info

hellow sir
      I think you are going somewhere if you are using candle stick pattern to trade stick to them and if you understand them then this is a great way to trade.watch them when they do their patterns especially the pin bar and then confirm with the engulfing ones near support and resistant

Though trading on financial markets entails high risk, still it can generate extra income on condition that you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

13. #10 Collapse Post
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      4575 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      SubscribeSubscribe

actually shankees this strategy does not use anything to confirm like that. they work by themselves or in combinations, the price action patterns.

here is another example, of some locking in profits

in the picture to the left i locked in a short with 1 pip stop loss. a few minutes later price creates a new low. on the picture to the right you can see the new locked in trade. i had to measure the distance to the previous low (17 pips) and then i place the stop loss with spread and "some" distance from that point. here locked in 10 pips.

<--

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki For This Useful Post:

niklospain (09-23-2019)

Reply to thread
    Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 6 ...

Subscribed to this Thread : 3