• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread
    Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 7 ...

Thread: How to deal with a losing position? (Part 6)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      ----

Sid18 has a spectacular aura about Sid18 has a spectacular aura about Sid18 has a spectacular aura about Sid18's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4426 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      19 (What is this?)
      Thanks

a trader should deal with his losing position very carefully, because if he do any more mistake then he can get more losses in his already losing trades, so i recommend that a trader should do proper analysis and then see that either they should close their losing trades or wait for it to come on profits again.

MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      ----

Mercy Osas will become famous soon enough Mercy Osas will become famous soon enough Mercy Osas's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      598 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      7 (What is this?)
      Thanks

I trade with the demo account and many times I have losing position in it because I am still learning. What I do is to leave the position and often it turn around for me. My trading account has $10,000 dollars in it so loss is not very big no matter how long I decide to leave it. Sometimes though I can just close the loss and start a new trade again.

Banned
      I am:
      Worried

Al Khalid is an unknown quantity at this point Al Khalid's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      110 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

you must have proper money management system and proper risk management system. You have to set stop loss at correct point. So your losing trade will close automatically when it will touch stop loss point. Don't close before touching stop loss point. example: suppose your stop loss is 100 pips but your losing trade can reverse after going 85 pips and can get the targeted profit.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5203 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      6 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 12,075 Times in 3,915 Posts

To deal with a losing position, I think the best way to Start is adjusting our psychology to understand that losing is a normal thing as far as we have chosen to be traders, let's endeavor to be in the right frame of mind so that when the inevitable happens, we will not be so disappointed.

Will work for pips
      I am:
      Angelic

myseptember is an unknown quantity at this point myseptember's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      23 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

If you are in the losing position, it depends on your trading strategy it self. Before you enter a trade, you should know where is the good place for you to get out from the market. Or if not, you can based on your equity. If your losing position are taking more than 10% of your equity, you should get out from the trade

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Angelic

Nilanzona will become famous soon enough Nilanzona will become famous soon enough Nilanzona's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      918 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

If you are holding loss trade then think carefully. If you are confident with your loss then sustain that trade. IF you are not feeling confident then close your trade as soon as you possible. It is better to close loss trade rather than sustaining it for long time. Be careful about your decisions.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

mercyforex is a jewel in the rough mercyforex is a jewel in the rough mercyforex is a jewel in the rough mercyforex is a jewel in the rough mercyforex's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4498 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      6 (What is this?)
      Thanks

when we are see that position in floating loss, do not rush to close. we should measuring the trend and potential changes. if see that opposite movement temporary, mean that our floating loss temporary only. while if changes form is reversal, has chance to losing big if we are do not close position.
      Why do you need to reanalyze an open trade in the first instance if you have carefully managed your risks and your trades are already executed with good stop loss and take profit target ? If you are such a trader that does not use protective stop loss in trading , you have every reason to fear because anything can happen to your account. I will advise people to do serious work on risk and money management

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cool

elemento will become famous soon enough elemento will become famous soon enough elemento's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2246 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

There will be losses exactly in this business, and traders should have trading plan for that situations, many members try to recover losses immediately, and this their action will be without any analyzes and results will be awful and traders will double their problems.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      ----

shoab chow is a glorious beacon of light shoab chow is a glorious beacon of light shoab chow is a glorious beacon of light shoab chow is a glorious beacon of light shoab chow is a glorious beacon of light shoab chow is a glorious beacon of light shoab chow's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4145 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

This is important for all of the traders that we should know how to recover the loss trades and we should have a proper plan about the loss trade about closing it in right place. If we have not clear plan where to close the trade, we can feel afraid when the price starts moving in opposite direction. So, we should follow the proper money management plan to trade forex easily .

MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      ----

tahiri has a brilliant future tahiri has a brilliant future tahiri has a brilliant future tahiri has a brilliant future tahiri has a brilliant future tahiri has a brilliant future tahiri has a brilliant future tahiri has a brilliant future tahiri has a brilliant future tahiri has a brilliant future tahiri has a brilliant future tahiri's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1345 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,880 Times in 949 Posts

if you face such a losing trade situation, you need to manage your trade to cut the loss as smaller as you can, you can even exit the trade earlier when you're sure that you're in wrong direction and never revanche the trade immediately, take your time and go for an other pair.

Reply to thread
    Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 7 ...