My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

Beazezar is an unknown quantity at this point Beazezar's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default AAFX Trading Reviews on Using Expert Advisor with this Brokerage

I've learnt that this broker offers nice fixed spreads with zero additional commissions. Sounds like an attractive proposal for algo daytrading. However some brokerage offering MT4 as a trading environment, later refuse clients using EA. I'd like to clarify this point before funding the account. So any reviews on AAFX Trading + EA ?
      Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts and experience!

2. The following 2 users say Thank You to Beazezar for this useful post.

Unregistered (2)

3. #2 Collapse Post
      Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

Moriani is an unknown quantity at this point Moriani's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

First of all I haven't tried using expert advisor strategies with AAFX brokerage, I'm not even their client, so my opinion is just a matter of having a general background in the subject. The best way to clarify the situation is to contact your broker and ask directly all you want to find out.
      Nobody knows your EA strategy better than you do, so think about what are the most vulnerable points in it. It looks like the broker does not mind using EA at all according to the AAFX reviews and information stated on the website. But there might be some pitfalls anyway that depend on specifics of your strategy.
      Numerous entries, the necessity of high execution speed, pyramiding, hedging...this is just the beginning of the list of issues that might cause troubles.
      So think of the most vulnerable point is YOUR strategy, and contact your broker to find out what is their policy on these issues.

4. #3 Collapse Post
      My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Thanks, this is a good advice. Yeap, this is correct that AAFX does not mind using EA. The only limitation that is clearly stated on their website is that you can't hedge on multiple accounts and you can't exit trades in less than 60 seconds. My strategy shouldn't run into any of the above. But it might have troubles with multiple simultaneous entries, so I guess I really need to contact the broker and find out if that can be a problem.

5. #4 Collapse Post
      Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

Moriani is an unknown quantity at this point Moriani's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

No problem, I wish you good luck. The trouble is that all brokers have different servers. Even having same rules the executions quality might differ. So the only way to find out 100% truth is to give it a try. Anyway, I'd suggest you to document your conversation with the broker just in case. So that you have a written evidence that their rules do not forbid multiple simultaneous entries. Just in case. This is necessary, cause many brokers don't really mind anything. Until you start earning the money. The reviews in AAFX are really good, so I hope your experience will also be good with them.

6. #5 Collapse Post
      My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Well, I'd still welcome some additional opinions on AAFX overall. In a meanwhile I'll ask another specific question.
      It turned out this broker has got a withdrawable bonus. personally I don't have much trust in bonuses as they are normally suitable to expand martingale risk capital. in other words brokers give bonus to let people lose their deposits faster and with an easy heart. if a miracle happens and you lose the depo, but restore it with bonus money, you still can't withdraw bonus itself. Here I've faced the situation when broker allows withdrawing bonus money if you manage to get a big enough turnover.
      Does anyone know a nice ATS to generate some volume and have an expected drawdown less than 30%?

7. #6 Collapse Post
      MT5 Rookie
      I am:
      ----

Ninris is an unknown quantity at this point Ninris's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Broker will not let you use EA to pump the volume. Don't even think about it. If you don't believe me, do as someone above told you to do: ask support and document the conversation if they say its ok. It could have been a golden mine if it was possible. But its not 99.999%

8. #7 Collapse Post
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

Humza has a reputation beyond repute Humza has a reputation beyond repute Humza has a reputation beyond repute Humza has a reputation beyond repute Humza has a reputation beyond repute Humza has a reputation beyond repute Humza has a reputation beyond repute Humza has a reputation beyond repute Humza has a reputation beyond repute Humza has a reputation beyond repute Humza has a reputation beyond repute Humza's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3070 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,060 Times in 2,033 Posts

I have no clue about this company, as I feel itís too risky and if we are not sure then we could struggle. So our priority needs to be to have a broker that can be relied upon and is trustworthy. As itís a way to help us with achieving success.

9. #8 Collapse Post
      My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ninris     
      Broker will not let you use EA to pump the volume. Don't even think about it. If you don't believe me, do as someone above told you to do: ask support and document the conversation if they say its ok. It could have been a golden mine if it was possible. But its not 99.999%
      correct I've asked and it turned out the EA volume doesn't count. Oh well, I'm not a big fan of manual trading so I guess I'll pass the bonus part. Spreads are still very nice though.

10. #9 Collapse Post
      MT5 Rookie
      I am:
      ----

Ninris is an unknown quantity at this point Ninris's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Glad you've found out the details and woun't run into troubles now. If I were you I would also find out exclusively what will happen to your account if you don't obey the rules that you've mentioned above about early exits. Do they lock the account in this case. The brokerage in fact seems not to bad if you take a closer look and examine AAFX reviews on *** and other sources. Please find out with your manager and let us know. I'd really appreciate such a favor!

11. #10 Collapse Post
      My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

No problem at all. I've asked and they said all profitable trades will be substracted from real account if such profit was reached in less than 60 seconds. All losses will count unfortunately

Reply to thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2