Earn up to
$50000
for inviting friends
to get StartUp Bonus
from InstaForex
No investments required!
Start trading without
any investments and risks
WITH NEW STARTUP
BONUS 1000$
GET BONUS
55%
from InstaForex
on every deposit
  • Amazed
  • Amused
  • Angelic
  • Angry
  • Asleep
  • Bashul
  • Bitchy
  • Blah
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Buzzed
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crappy
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Dead
  • Devilish
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drunk
  • Fine
  • Flirty
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hot
  • Hungover
  • Innocent
  • Inspired
  • In_Love
  • Lonely
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleepy
  • Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    Results 21 to 30 of 30

    Thread: Exponential Moving Average (EMA)

    1. #21
      MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Fine
       
      Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur's Avatar
      Posts
      3,087
      Accumulated bonus
      691 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      566
      Thanked 563 Times in 391 Posts

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Quynh     
      Which one do you think is the best between Exponential Moving Average and Linear Weighted Moving Average?
      Both of them are good but I also see that LWMA move very close (mirroring) to the market price and this is an advantage that can't be ignore.
      Both of them is good, you can combine this two type moving Average in any Market any time frame

      Quote Originally Posted by Warren Bafett     
      This maybe out of topic, forgive me...if that is the case.
      How about the Indicator below, do they function or works like Moving Averages? They look like ones...correct me if am wrong. The Indicator can be found in mt4 platform, it's called Alligator.

      Attachment 71796
      Yes, the Alligator its a combination of 3 Smoothed Moving Average applying by Median Price 3 Days displace 3, 7 displace 5 and 13 displace 8 periode.
      Simple Is The Best


    2. The following 3 users say Thank You to Arief Makmur for this useful post.

      normarster (11-21-2017), Unregistered (1), Warren Bafett (11-21-2017)

    3. #22
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----
       
      Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh's Avatar
      Posts
      840
      Accumulated bonus
      276 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      1,619
      Thanked 1,020 Times in 411 Posts

      Default

      I see there are many good traders using moving average and they said this indicator is very good. People from a long time ago have been using this moving average indicator.
      But is there a good mathematical formula to determine which number is good to be used in the moving average. I see people using 20 or 200 as the common numbers but are there any really good numbers and what is the reason behind that choice?


    4. #23
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----
       
      normarster has much to be proud of normarster has much to be proud of normarster has much to be proud of normarster has much to be proud of normarster has much to be proud of normarster has much to be proud of normarster has much to be proud of normarster has much to be proud of normarster's Avatar
      Posts
      1,050
      Accumulated bonus
      392 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      133
      Thanked 1,074 Times in 475 Posts

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Quynh     
      I see there are many good traders using moving average and they said this indicator is very good. People from a long time ago have been using this moving average indicator.
      But is there a good mathematical formula to determine which number is good to be used in the moving average. I see people using 20 or 200 as the common numbers but are there any really good numbers and what is the reason behind that choice?
      I use 200 ma because its for long term traders who use 4h and daily time frames. this trendline provides market condition outlook and i see where the price is heading. if price is around 200 ma its caution and market is range. if price is above 200 ma we see uptrend and move up and we can find long trades and the same for price below but we find short trades.


    5. The Following User Says Thank You to normarster For This Useful Post:

      shyammandal (03-17-2018)

    6. #24
      MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Fine
       
      Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur's Avatar
      Posts
      3,087
      Accumulated bonus
      691 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      566
      Thanked 563 Times in 391 Posts

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Quynh     
      I see there are many good traders using moving average and they said this indicator is very good. People from a long time ago have been using this moving average indicator.
      But is there a good mathematical formula to determine which number is good to be used in the moving average. I see people using 20 or 200 as the common numbers but are there any really good numbers and what is the reason behind that choice?
      MA 20 & MA 200 as I know already using by senior Trader like Olivier Velez, as I know the reason every traders usied the MA 20 its 20 base from 20 days working day because MA build for Stock Market at Daily Charts before Forex Market. For MA 200 the reason to use them this MA already use by many traders from Retail Traders to Senior & Veteran Traders + Big Institution already use this MA 200 too so because this MA 200 used by many people the level from MA 200 can give "Self Fulfilling Prophecy" phenomenon like Fibonacci Retrachement or Pivot Point Suport/Resistance level.
      Simple Is The Best


    7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arief Makmur For This Useful Post:

      Unregistered (1)

    8. #25
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----
       
      Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh's Avatar
      Posts
      840
      Accumulated bonus
      276 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      1,619
      Thanked 1,020 Times in 411 Posts

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Arief Makmur     
      MA 20 & MA 200 as I know already using by senior Trader like Olivier Velez, as I know the reason every traders usied the MA 20 its 20 base from 20 days working day because MA build for Stock Market at Daily Charts before Forex Market. For MA 200 the reason to use them this MA already use by many traders from Retail Traders to Senior & Veteran Traders + Big Institution already use this MA 200 too so because this MA 200 used by many people the level from MA 200 can give "Self Fulfilling Prophecy" phenomenon like Fibonacci Retrachement or Pivot Point Suport/Resistance level.
      You have a lot of knowledge big brother. So when you said 20 and 200 numbers are you talking about normal moving average (SMA) or the EMA? Because maybe the EMA is invented later and don't exist yet in the past?
      Also, are those big traders using only 20 or only 200 or both of them for trading? And what time frame are they using when trading the forex market?


    9. The Following User Says Thank You to Beautiful Quynh For This Useful Post:

      Arief Makmur (11-24-2017)

    10. #26
      MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Fine
       
      Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur's Avatar
      Posts
      3,087
      Accumulated bonus
      691 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      566
      Thanked 563 Times in 391 Posts

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Quynh     
      You have a lot of knowledge big brother. So when you said 20 and 200 numbers are you talking about normal moving average (SMA) or the EMA? Because maybe the EMA is invented later and don't exist yet in the past?
      Also, are those big traders using only 20 or only 200 or both of them for trading? And what time frame are they using when trading the forex market?
      Thank you Sis

      Olivier Velez using only a Simple Moving Average but Ed Ponzi and Al Brooks using Exponential Moving Average I thing its comeback to every trader choice for the Timeframes usually the senior traders using Daily Charts some 60 Minutes, some traders using EMA 200 at m15 its depend by every trader perception ... IMo: The Simple Moving Average at bigger Timeframes such Daily Charts more usefull because besides give a pictures of the Geometry and Cylces Market they can give us the clue where the Support / Resistance with the EMA they cannot give a smooth curve for the purpose like I said before (EMA too sharp) but more response in smaller timeframes for Intraday charts such m15, m5 or m1 and the result EMA can be usefull for Daytraders and Scalpers.
      Simple Is The Best


    11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arief Makmur For This Useful Post:

      Beautiful Quynh (11-27-2017)

    12. #27
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      Chatty
       
      sameeh is a glorious beacon of light sameeh is a glorious beacon of light sameeh is a glorious beacon of light sameeh is a glorious beacon of light sameeh is a glorious beacon of light sameeh is a glorious beacon of light sameeh's Avatar
      Posts
      2,729
      Accumulated bonus
      598 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      618
      Thanked 534 Times in 293 Posts

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by zahid4x     
      What is the Exponential Moving Average?
      The Exponential Moving Average (EMA) is alternative of moving average and It also looks like others moving average, but it reacts more faster to recent price changes then others moving average

      Benefit of using this indicator:
      Exponential Moving Average (EMA) response with more accurate data within short time then others moving average, but if you want to get more benefit with this indicator then you need to always compare with others moving average. I think it is better if you can use this with Simple Moving Average (SMA).


      Where you can get this indicator?
      You can get this indicator your trading platform. Just follow below step for setting up EMA indicator on your platform.

      Step-1:
      First you need to open your trading platform then click on indicator list like as below picture
      Attachment 62153

      Step-2:
      After click on indicator list you can see more option from them you can click on Trend and after that choose Moving Average
      Attachment 62154

      Step-3:
      After that change MA method to Exponential that's all.
      Attachment 62155

      Period and shift always depend on your trading style, so that you can set it on your strategy basis.
      exponential moving average is good indicator and it works well as support and resistance levels, it can be used alone or with another indicators and also it can be used with different setting and so this depends on the strategy used by the trader and what he prefer to use for his trading that help him to get good results.


    13. The Following User Says Thank You to sameeh For This Useful Post:

      Unregistered (1)

    14. #28
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----
       
      Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh's Avatar
      Posts
      840
      Accumulated bonus
      276 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      1,619
      Thanked 1,020 Times in 411 Posts

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by zahid4x     
      What is the Exponential Moving Average?
      The Exponential Moving Average (EMA) is alternative of moving average and It also looks like others moving average, but it reacts more faster to recent price changes then others moving average

      Benefit of using this indicator:
      Exponential Moving Average (EMA) response with more accurate data within short time then others moving average, but if you want to get more benefit with this indicator then you need to always compare with others moving average. I think it is better if you can use this with Simple Moving Average (SMA).


      Where you can get this indicator?
      You can get this indicator your trading platform. Just follow below step for setting up EMA indicator on your platform.

      Step-1:
      First you need to open your trading platform then click on indicator list like as below picture
      Attachment 62153

      Step-2:
      After click on indicator list you can see more option from them you can click on Trend and after that choose Moving Average
      Attachment 62154

      Step-3:
      After that change MA method to Exponential that's all.
      Attachment 62155

      Period and shift always depend on your trading style, so that you can set it on your strategy basis.
      EMA is a good variation of moving average and moving average is a very popular indicator in the trading world and especially in forex.
      I tried both exponential moving average and linear weighted moving average and I think both are good but the LWMA is faster than EMA.
      Traders don't know the future that is why traders need market scenarios.


    15. #29
      MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Happy
       
      Edifitri is on a distinguished road Edifitri's Avatar
      Posts
      632
      Accumulated bonus
      40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      2
      Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts

      Default

      tips that really helped me to be able to do forex trading using the moving average indicator. I was always doing forex trading with moving average indicator. but because I was not so masterful technique on each indicator moving average which I use then I sometimes have difficulty in performing open positions even though the indicator moving average that I've experienced pairs the intersection with chart moving average indicators or with any other value.


    16. #30
      MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Fine
       
      Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur's Avatar
      Posts
      3,087
      Accumulated bonus
      691 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      566
      Thanked 563 Times in 391 Posts

      Default

      You must have a base Timeframe as your corner stone example you're corner stone is one hour so you need a one day Average price, half day average price and 3 days average price so all you need to do is putting the EMA 12, 24, & 72 at 60 Minute Charts so if you down to the 30 minute charts your EMA must be change to EMA 24, 48, 144 and if you go lower again to 15 minute charts your EAM must you adjust into EMA 48, 96, & 288 and if you rising to 4 hour charts your EMA will be EMA 3, 6, & 18.

      But if your cornerstone as Daily Charts is different.

      (Disclaimer)
      Simple Is The Best


    Reply to thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts