FX Vampire
      I am:
      Busy

CratosFX will become famous soon enough CratosFX's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      217 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Forex EA missing on trades

Hello I have back tested an EA I'm developing and it proved profitable but when I opened the back test chart I could see that many positions that were suppose to be opened were not opened even though it was obvious that indicators conditions were met. In short my is EA is trading less than it is supposed to. What could be the reason for this and how to fix it?

2. The following 3 users say Thank You to CratosFX for this useful post.

atta7535 (11-02-2018), dedy hari kurniawan (02-10-2019), pakravian (10-05-2017)

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

captainleo is a name known to all captainleo is a name known to all captainleo is a name known to all captainleo is a name known to all captainleo is a name known to all captainleo is a name known to all captainleo's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      230 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CratosFX     
      Hello I have back tested an EA I'm developing and it proved profitable but when I opened the back test chart I could see that many positions that were suppose to be opened were not opened even though it was obvious that indicators conditions were met. In short my is EA is trading less than it is supposed to. What could be the reason for this and how to fix it?
      If you want to do back test, you should have enough bars (candle) to test it. Just open Option --> Chart --> Max Bar in History and choose the highest amount. Your EA may didn't run properly during back test if they don't have market price movement history. Another option is to download market bar history online, just search about it with google for specific time and specific pair.

4. The following 3 users say Thank You to captainleo for this useful post.

atta7535 (11-02-2018), dedy hari kurniawan (02-10-2019), moneygrows (10-11-2017)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      620 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,630 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captainleo     
      If you want to do back test, you should have enough bars (candle) to test it. Just open Option --> Chart --> Max Bar in History and choose the highest amount. Your EA may didn't run properly during back test if they don't have market price movement history. Another option is to download market bar history online, just search about it with google for specific time and specific pair.
      i once tried to download free version of market history online only to failed importing the data to my trading terminal. Seems like there are a lot of process needed to convert the data into readable bar charts by importing and exporting it using various programs. I ended up quit trying after that.

6. The following 2 users say Thank You to Borneo Scalper for this useful post.

atta7535 (11-02-2018), dedy hari kurniawan (02-10-2019)

Administrator
      I am:
      Fine

Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 35,067 Times in 7,339 Posts

As far as I know when you click on test the EA and select the date your broker allow you to download the data you set to test. It took time if you download the data for more then a year, but brokers always allow you to backtest the code you make.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aviz For This Useful Post:

dedy hari kurniawan (02-10-2019)

MT5 Rookie
      I am:
      ----

atta7535 is on a distinguished road atta7535's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Re: Forex EA missing on trades

He dears treds down loads of free market online only to failed importing the data to my trading terminal. Sems like there are a lot of process needed to convert the data into readable bar charts by imported and exporting it using various programs. I ended up quit trying after that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to atta7535 For This Useful Post:

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      ----

whiteliontrader has a reputation beyond repute whiteliontrader has a reputation beyond repute whiteliontrader has a reputation beyond repute whiteliontrader has a reputation beyond repute whiteliontrader has a reputation beyond repute whiteliontrader has a reputation beyond repute whiteliontrader has a reputation beyond repute whiteliontrader has a reputation beyond repute whiteliontrader has a reputation beyond repute whiteliontrader has a reputation beyond repute whiteliontrader has a reputation beyond repute whiteliontrader's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      817 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,226 Times in 932 Posts

Default Re: Forex EA missing on trades

If you have the EA that is missing your trades, i think that it is the fault of that EA, you can get another one if you would want to be certain about what you are doing. If traders are trading with the EA, that is not working regularly, it means that the trader will be missing much of trading opportunities, this will not be so good for that trader they have to change their EA, it is the bets thinking that we should fulfil.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteliontrader For This Useful Post:

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cheerful

mugiwara will become famous soon enough mugiwara will become famous soon enough mugiwara's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      926 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

we don't use the forex robot without the yest first. Please note that as long as we want to use a trading strategy with a robot or an indicator, it is a good idea to do the testing with the demo account that we are doing. we should not trade without analysis of both if we do not want to lose or lose our capital due to the mistakes of trading robots.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mugiwara For This Useful Post:

I am:
      Asleep

MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3964 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      12 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 31,724 Times in 7,565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whiteliontrader     
      If you have the EA that is missing your trades, i think that it is the fault of that EA, you can get another one if you would want to be certain about what you are doing. If traders are trading with the EA, that is not working regularly, it means that the trader will be missing much of trading opportunities, this will not be so good for that trader they have to change their EA, it is the bets thinking that we should fulfil.
      Nice post. I feel use the expert advisor is really complicated. I've try it in the past with the demo accounts, the results are really bad, i am not sure that is my fault to setting the EA or that EA selves is bad to try.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MT5 bozZdeviL For This Useful Post:

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

Nyx Assassin will become famous soon enough Nyx Assassin will become famous soon enough Nyx Assassin's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Well, not all peoples success manage their trading account manually. So do not try forex robot if you do not have good knowledge about it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyx Assassin For This Useful Post:

Banned
      I am:
      Mellow

dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      6913 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      44 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 24,109 Times in 4,707 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CratosFX     
      EA has many types if you do not know the type of EA you are using then you will not be able to use EA optimally. Not all EA can be conditioned for all market movements, sometimes you have to use EA in sideway conditions to get profit or only at high impact news. When you want to get profit in short time then you need to use EA with the type of scalping if you use EA with swing trading type then don't expect to get profit in short time. Therefore you must know your EA type first and after that you can set up EA according to your trading style needs. We obviously can't give a reason if you don't know the type of EA you are using yourself.

Reply to thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2