• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ...

Thread: Which account type do you think is the best for trading - ECN or non ECN?

I am:
      Amused

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4328 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 36,549 Times in 8,479 Posts

Default Which account type do you think is the best for trading - ECN or non ECN?

In this business we have brokers offering several trading account types and each of them have different conditions for trading. So which one do you think is the best and why?

2. Thanks under the first post will be ignored for the purpose of distribution of prizes
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4575 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,129 Times in 2,741 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTrader79     
      Which account type do you think is the best for trading - ECN or non ECN?
      ECN account type is the best.

There is really no discussing this. Why is ECN better?:

A) You will trade with less pressure on the broker, your account will be much more safe because the margin pressure is placed upon the market rather then on the broker. As we saw in 2014 with the Swiss issue and like we knew about in 2017 the Brexit, your ECN account will most likely be safe because of this pressure but with a non-ECN the pressure on the broker can make them go out of business, as we did see at those times.
      B) Typically ECN accounts places the order directly into the market, your position and slippage will reflect the market.
      C) You will get a fill, this is very important. For those of you who never get requoted, i have been so many times but never on an ECN where the liquidity is provided directly to the trader.
      D) You will pay for each position usually but your effective spread will still be smaller, i often pay 0,7 pip spread and get filled at 0,3 pips. It becomes 0,7 because of the added logical cost on the fill, this is from the fee added on top of the fill. If you are on non-ECN then your spread can be 2 or 3 but not 0,7.

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

4. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      6791 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,623 Times in 1,984 Posts

Of course ECN accounts better than non ECN accounts because ECN accounts have more advantages as :

1- low spread : it always have the lowest spread between all the accounts types .
      2- Trading at the real market directly : ECN accounts always have direct connection with the real market directly .
      3- Fast trading : ECN Accounts have good servers because it don't have big pressure so all your trades will be done quickly .
      4- low Leverage : Ecn accounts always have low leverage and this give us trading with low risk .
      5- Medium capital : we can't open Ecn account with only 10 to 100 dollar capital but at least we need 300 dollar to open Ecn account and this give us good margin because trading with small capital always lead us t the margin call but with medium capital always make our trading with good margin .

So i prefer the trading with ECN accounts because i see that it is the best in trading and we can depend on it in our trading also we will feel with the different when we transfer our trading from non-ECN account to ECN account .

6. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
      Forum Master
      I am:
      Flirty

Batavia has a brilliant future Batavia has a brilliant future Batavia has a brilliant future Batavia has a brilliant future Batavia has a brilliant future Batavia has a brilliant future Batavia has a brilliant future Batavia has a brilliant future Batavia has a brilliant future Batavia has a brilliant future Batavia has a brilliant future Batavia's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2016 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,910 Times in 548 Posts

it is a depend on your capital if you have much capital so the best place to trade is with brokers ECN and not in Dealing Desk because with ECN brokers your money it will direct to the bank and it more safe for you because no scam, the ECN brokers looking profits is only from commissions and swaps and spreads, but for Dealing Desk brokers earn profits from loss their client/traders. so if you have win then ECN brokers it's absolutely happythat but for Dealing Desk they are have full expectation you will loss as soon as possible and even though not all Dealing desk brokers is like that.
      and instaforex is the Hybrid brokers there is available for DD, ECN and STP. and instaforex is one of the the best brokers in this field industry.

8. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Crappy

dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3444 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      9 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 20,925 Times in 5,195 Posts

After trading non ECN accounts for many years since the beginning of my trading career, I have realized the biggest advantages and disadvantages of these accounts.

Non ECN:
      Typically higher leverage compared to ECN, however higher spread and overall cost for the single trade. Better if you keep your trades for long term. Very dangerous with fixed spread on some brokers where slippage is high and you simply see 100 pip miss in an extreme market volatility against you which means your position will exceed your preferred loss by A LOT of dollars!

ECN:
      Lower spread, higher leverage. But apart from this, you need to understand that it will require higher first deposit too.
      But even after these minor setbacks, its definitely worth having ECN account only because its way less expensive to open your trade. If you trade each trade as all in, then ECN wont be for you because it will have maximum 1:500 leverage but for normal, disciplined trading, ECN is definitely on top of my list!

10. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
      Banned
      I am:
      ----

sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3950 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 14,584 Times in 3,500 Posts

well as for me too ecn broker seems to me like the best broker The type of broker we choose is a critical decision, which will have a profound impact on our potential success. ,
      here are the
      advantages of an ecn broker

Anonymity: if we are dealing with non ecn broker, there is no anonymity, noting is secret, and of course they do use their client deals information to their advantage, and deals with them will not be immediate

Variable Spreads: Another reason why most people prefer trading on ECN is because of variable spreads. In most cases, the spreads are fixed on a conventional or standard currency pair. However, because the prices in the ECN forex market are generally based on market demand and supply

Access to Clients and Liquidity: ECN brokers work on a model that allows any and all the chance to trade within a global liquidity pool of competitive, regulated, and qualified financial institutions. Also, due to how related information is relayed, transparency is yet another key advantage of an ECN broker.

12. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      Chatty

sameeh is a name known to all sameeh is a name known to all sameeh is a name known to all sameeh is a name known to all sameeh is a name known to all sameeh is a name known to all sameeh's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      600 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I prefer trading with ECN account because it is better for me and help me to make better money than the non ECN account and this is because it is more fast in its movement and so this increase the earning chances, ECN is better for the big capitals and so the experienced traders of a big capitals prefer to trade with ECN more than non ECN.

But i think that the scalping may need non ECN trading especially the accounts with fixed spread because the trader can calculate the number of pips and the profits more accurate than the other types of the accounts, and so the scalpers may prefer non ECN trading.

Not all ECN trading is profitable because some brokers take spread and commission during trading and some brokers make the commission is high and so it is better to look for a broker that offer suitable commissions as this will make trading less risky and more profitable especially for the traders that want small number of pips.

14. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
      Forum Guru
      I am:
      Fine

GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5197 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,561 Times in 1,972 Posts

Well generally one can say that the ECN accounts are better than non-ECN Forex accounts, they have a better advantages on average, like ECN Brokers directly connect their customers trades to the big liquidity providers and this offers real small spreads like 0.3 or 0.2 in major Forexpairs like EUR/USD, USD/CAD, GBP/USD and USD/JPY, etc in some cases in some times of the day. But that is not much for a successful Forex trader. A successful Forex trader can both trade in liquidity provided by Big Brokers or as well trade with a liquidity created by the Forex broker, Either way they will make profits steadily and this is exactly what the Forex market is all about.

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

Zysitililititilitid is a glorious beacon of light Zysitililititilitid is a glorious beacon of light Zysitililititilitid is a glorious beacon of light Zysitililititilitid is a glorious beacon of light Zysitililititilitid is a glorious beacon of light Zysitililititilitid is a glorious beacon of light Zysitililititilitid's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      507 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Pro said:
      Clients can get a better Bid/ Ask price quote because it comes from many and varied sources.
      Clients can get the smallest spread or even no spread at any given time.
      Original ECN brokers will not hinder client trading, because they help clients by throwing client orders into banks or other liquidity providers.
      Prices can fluctuate, which will be a good opportunity for scalping.

Counter said:
      Most ECN brokers do not offer charting software and news feeds.
      ECN broker trading platform may not be user friendly.
      Dynamic spreads make it harder to calculate stop-loss and return points (bep).
      Traders must pay commissions for each transaction.

17. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
      Forum VIP
      I am:
      Happy

balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      7886 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 22,057 Times in 5,104 Posts

As much as possible I try to get ECN account because it's the best trading account by far. But it's great feature does not come cheap because usually it requires higher amount of deposit in order to avail. Aside from very small spread in all of its trading pairs the execution of buy/sell order is blazingly fast without requotes and slippage. A lot of forex brokers compete on whose who have the fastest ECN because some broker offers an account called True ECN and I'm not sure what's the difference between a common ECN. The only downfall of non ECN account is wide spread, too much requotes during volatile market and slippage.

19. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
    Reply to thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ...