• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what is opportunity cost?

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Confused

sajidjaved has a spectacular aura about sajidjaved has a spectacular aura about sajidjaved has a spectacular aura about sajidjaved's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      114 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Investors are always faced with options about where to invest their money to receive the highest or safest return. The investor's opportunity cost represents the cost of a foregone alternative. If you choose one alternative over another, then the cost choosing that alternative becomes your opportunity cost
      If you choose not to go to work today, for example, your opportunity cost becomes your lost wages. If your friend Sajid chooses to quit work for a whole year to go back to school. the opportunity cost of his decision is the year's lost wages.

Banned
      I am:
      ----

adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      243 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,651 Times in 1,082 Posts

what is opportunity cost?
      As an individual or an investor or company, we all have different option or choices we make when it comes to choosing between one business or investment opportunity.
      Opportunity cost represents the benefits an individual, investor or business misses out on when choosing one alternative over another. The concept of opportunity cost occupies an important place in economic theory. The concept was first developed by an Austrian economist, Wieser.

am gonna give us two example of an opportunity cost

A film actor can either act in films or do modeling work. She cannot do both the jobs at the same time. Her acting in film results in the loss of an opportunity of doing modeling work.

3. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
      My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

Zeina is a jewel in the rough Zeina is a jewel in the rough Zeina is a jewel in the rough Zeina's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      76 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Is the cost of the opportunity that is lost as a result of taking a decision in favor of an alternative in exchange for neglecting a competing alternative decision. When making a decision in favor of a particular alternative, the benefits of another alternative are abandoned and the enterprise loses the opportunity created by that alternative. For example, the costs of using fixed assets are historical costs, However, if these machinery can be leased rather than used to meet the objectives of the decision, the value of the rental of the machinery is considered an alternative opportunity cost because the facility could have leased it to others but lost this opportunity because of the use of these machines in achieving the objectives of the decision The alternative is that the lost profits for the best alternative comes after the chosen alternative

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cool

AHT is a name known to all AHT is a name known to all AHT is a name known to all AHT is a name known to all AHT is a name known to all AHT is a name known to all AHT's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      753 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

When we o business we can get so many opportunity and we cannot take all opportunity. When taking one opportunity we need to sacrifice another one. For this sacrifice company or firm lose the opportunity to make more earning. This sacrifice is called opportunity cost. We can explained it another way, opportunity cost is a cost which create for taking another one service. When we take best service sacrificing another best service then sacrificing cost is called opportunity cost. Every firm has opportunity cost. But we have not to do. This cost will happened all time. So when chose a service all need to be serious for getting best service.

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

Mian Naseer is a splendid one to behold Mian Naseer is a splendid one to behold Mian Naseer is a splendid one to behold Mian Naseer is a splendid one to behold Mian Naseer is a splendid one to behold Mian Naseer is a splendid one to behold Mian Naseer's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      266 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Opportunity cost is the estimated return of investments you don't make compared to the expected return of investments you do make. It's an important factor to consider when allocating time or resources to any type of project (essentially, "would my time or money be better spent elsewhere?").
      opportunity cost is one of the first term that is introduced to students of economics, but it's not always well-known outside of these circles. For ecommerce merchants, who come from a variety of backgrounds and have different sets of skills and experiences, the concept may be totally unknown.
      A more approachable definition is to call opportunity cost the difference between a chosen action, such as a purchase or investment, and the other seemingly viable opportunities that are also available.
      I want to be With You!

Mian Naseer's trading journal

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

Benzone has a reputation beyond repute Benzone has a reputation beyond repute Benzone has a reputation beyond repute Benzone has a reputation beyond repute Benzone has a reputation beyond repute Benzone has a reputation beyond repute Benzone has a reputation beyond repute Benzone has a reputation beyond repute Benzone has a reputation beyond repute Benzone has a reputation beyond repute Benzone has a reputation beyond repute Benzone's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1306 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,808 Times in 1,234 Posts

what is opportunity cost? In real life endeavor , we are faced with various opportunities which suggests divers options for us .Hence we are faced with task of choosing one and forgetting the other .Because we can not combine or attend to the two together. Opportunity cost implies alternative forgone . For example ,if I decided to trade GBP/JPY using 50 cent per pip lot size because I know it could cover 100 pips instead of AUD/USD using $1 per pip lot size and could only move 45 pips .Then ,my sacrifice of AUD/USD for GBP/JPY is my opportunity cost . I can not trade the two together ,I need to forget AUD/USD in order to be able to trade GBP/JPY .

8. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Inspired

fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4287 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      5 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,200 Times in 633 Posts

Opportunity cost is also known as alternative cost. It is the loss of potential gain from another alternative when one alternative is chosen. It can also be regarded as the value of the next best thing you give up whenever you make a decision. A higher opportunity cost might make the possible choice less attractive, and vice versa.

Opportunity cost can also be considered to be a profit, benefit, or something that must be given up in order to acquire or achieve something else. As long as every resource can be put to some other use, every choice, decision, or action has an associated opportunity cost. As the production of one good continues to increase, the opportunity cost of producing that next unit increases.
      POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE IN THE FOREX MARKET, YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING !

MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      ----

Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2092 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,343 Times in 944 Posts

According to basic Economics, the opportunity cost of a product is a measure of the alternative forgone in choosing that product. For instance, if a college student chooses to buy a math textbook instead of a pair of fancy shoes, the opportunity cost of the math textbook is the pair of fancy shoes that had to be forgone in order to buy the textbook. The concept of opportunity cost is intricately related to the concepts of scarcity and choice. Because resources are scarce and our wants are unlimited, we have to rank our wants in a scale of preference and choose which of those we will satisfy with our limited resources. In making a choice, we have to forgo some of our wants, thereby incurring an opportunity cost.
      The opportunity cost is simple to determine - it is just the cost of making a choice, in terms of or units of the forgone alternative.

11. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Relaxed

forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5807 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 9,564 Times in 3,408 Posts

Opportunity cost is something that you consider its financial and you count the cost to get the opportunity to buy or sell something. There are some advantages of opportunity cost and I will list them below :

1) Awareness of lost opportunity
      - You will aware with the lost opportunity and you can minimize the lost according to any amount that you willing to lose. In Forex business, you can set stop loss and this will minimize you from having big losses if the price is not favorable.

2) Relative price
      - The best part of opportunity lost is that you can compare with relative price and the benefits of each alternative. For example, a business with a tool cost of $100,000 may buy 10 pieces of tool A at $10,000 or 20 pieces of tool B at $5,000.

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      775 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,070 Times in 1,964 Posts

Default Re: what is opportunity cost?

when it comes to an opportunity cost, this simply means the possible profit that is lost on an opportunity while we choose different alternative, the opportunity cost always tells an individual or business to always try as much as possible to always exermine their choice well before making a decision.
      let me use the forex market as an example, assuming we have an 10 usd which is only available to trade on one trading instrument,

so we locate a good trading opportunity on the gbpusd and eurusd respectively, and we can only open a trade, so when we make a choice to trade on the eurusd, so if the gbpusd eventually move according to our plan, so the profit we could have earned from the gbpusd trade is the opportunity cost..

14. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
    Reply to thread
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast