• Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread

Thread: Overview: How I used macd in my trades

MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Relaxed

DaveBenroe is a jewel in the rough DaveBenroe is a jewel in the rough DaveBenroe is a jewel in the rough DaveBenroe is a jewel in the rough DaveBenroe's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      661 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Overview: How I used macd in my trades

MACD, an acronym for Moving Average Convergence Divergence, is a very powerful indicator that I normally use as my technical indicator in trading.

I am a long-term swing trader and I base my tradings on technical analysis.

My research into how to use this indicator effectively in Forex trading has yielded a lot of positive result. I will analyze this tool for you to see.

From the screenshot below, you will see up to four different customized MACD indicators. All the four and the accompanied indicators give the one of the best signal ever known in Forex trading. The signals can be used either in scalping or swing trading.

If you study the two charts (Daily and 4H GBPUSD) very well, you will see that there are four different MACDs in each of them, namely:
      • Fisher_Yur4ik
      • SSG_Fbar
      • MACD (the normal MACD that usually come with the trading platform)
      • MACDBBHistogram

To enter or exit a trade, start trading immediately Fisher_Yur4ik and MACDBBHistogram

1. Change colour.

2. Cross the MACD middle line.

Use the other MACDs for confirmation.

Proper analysis of the charts with the aid of the four MACDs will easily tell you when and where to enter your trade and when and how to take your profit and get out.

However, to make my trade easier, I create a special trading template by opening a pair twice and adjust them on the screen such that the same pairs will appear twice together: one as 4H and the other as Daily timeframe.

This double-faced trading screen can be made by any trader. It allows the trader to understand the general direction of the Forex market trend by viewing both the Daily and 4H timeframes simultaneously.

If you are a Swing trader, use 4H & Daily double-faced screen; to enter and exit your trade, use 4H timeframe.

If you are a Daily trader, use M30 & 4H double-faced screen; to enter and exit your trade, use M30 timeframe.

The MACD trading strategy can be used in any timeframe, depending on the trader's management capabilities.

This are the screenshots.
      Attached Images          
      Last edited by DaveBenroe; 07-03-2018 at 06:32 AM.
      BE WEALTHY IF U WANNA BE !
      BE WRETCHED IF U CHOOSE TO BE !!

THE CHOICE IS YOURS !!!

2. Thanks under the first post will be ignored for the purpose of distribution of prizes
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      Fine

Omar Sayeed has a brilliant future Omar Sayeed has a brilliant future Omar Sayeed has a brilliant future Omar Sayeed has a brilliant future Omar Sayeed has a brilliant future Omar Sayeed has a brilliant future Omar Sayeed has a brilliant future Omar Sayeed has a brilliant future Omar Sayeed has a brilliant future Omar Sayeed has a brilliant future Omar Sayeed has a brilliant future Omar Sayeed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      960 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,792 Times in 746 Posts

Nice to see your chart. MACD is widely used indicators. I also use MACD in my trading to find out the long-term trend. I have some question for learning purpose.

1. What is your money management system in long-term swing trading. Specially what is your R:R ratio.

2. How you identify entry and exit point. Is it the divergence?

3. You mentioned that you are a technical trader. What do you think technical analysis is enough without fundamental?

4. You are using so many indicators at a time. Is this helpful or not?

I think you are an expert on use MACD. We can learn many things from your helpful post.
      Last edited by Omar Sayeed; 07-03-2018 at 06:44 AM.

4. For the posts posted after 26.04.19 the likes will be displayed after 26.06.19.
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      6455 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,762 Times in 1,669 Posts

- MACD Indicator : is one of the important indicators that you can know by it When will the trend start and when will the trend ends so i always makes it one of the main indicators while my trading beside the Trend lines because by it we can know well the entry points and the exit points and i will explain My way in using it After the following photo :

From the above photo we can see how macd can Inform us easily with the start and the end of the trend so we can see in the above photo that the up trend started when macd lines became above 0 and when it became down 0 the up trend ended then it formed a down trend when its lines became under 0 and it will keep moving based on the down trend until the lines becomes above 0 line in MACD Indicator .

6. For the posts posted after 26.04.19 the likes will be displayed after 26.06.19.
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Happy

forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      6644 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 9,490 Times in 3,519 Posts

Moving Average Convergence Divergence, otherwise known as MACD is a technical indicator used to identify moving averages that are indicating a new trend. it could be used to locate the strongest trade set-ups and from there filter out the false signals. short term traders would particularly benefit from the use of MACD since they hop in and out of trade very early.
      one thing with MACD is that it seems slow, thereby forcing you to wait(which is a good thing).
      the major way by which i use the MACD is to identify overbought and oversold markets. since when a market is oversold, it is riskier to sell as sellers would start booking their profits and price could go up. so i buy at the oversold points. and when the MACD indicates an overbought market, then it is riskier to buy as buyers will start booking their profits and price could go down. so i sell at the overbought points.
      ''Too many times we settle into a set way of thinking and accept limitations that need not be placed on us'' -John C. Maxwell

Hedging Edge: Heading For $6 Million!

8. For the posts posted after 26.04.19 the likes will be displayed after 26.06.19.
      Forex in the blood
      I am:
      Twisted

king1 is a jewel in the rough king1 is a jewel in the rough king1 is a jewel in the rough king1's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      74 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Nice to see that. Fighting both indicators of economic theory in nitrogen to find out the long term plan I have some question for learning 111 what is your money management system in long term trading special what is your address so how you identify entry and exit point in the degree. Fundamental. Mention need that you are technical trader what we do in technical analysis in the map without fundamental for you are using so many indicator at the time if that's helpful or not I think you are an expert on Sony TV we can learn anything from you are helpful for NSE be in a factory is one of the important occasion that you can now buy it when will be the start and then we will plan and so I'll just make it bun Dem in India while messaging because in the end line

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Inspired

fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4298 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      5 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,281 Times in 669 Posts

In my experience, I have come to rely on MACD only for determining divergence, because other use such as trend determination is often-times unreliable. When the peaks or troughs of MACD waves are progressing in the opposite direction to the price action on the chart, then you have divergence. There is very high probability of price reversal in the direction indicated by MACD waves.

The MACD histogram can also be of use in determining divergence long before the divergence shows on the main MACD lines. This sort of divergence is known as hidden divergence. In other words, you can use MACD histogram for determining the hidden divergence prior to the appearance of the main MACD divergence.
      POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE IN THE FOREX MARKET, YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING !

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1790 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,562 Times in 877 Posts

Default Re: Overview: How I used macd in my trades

MACD (Moving Average Convergence Divergence) is one of the best indicators from my experience. It is always very good to get the direction from Daily and use 4 hr for entry and if possible for exit as it may be applicable and in this case you are sure of having good harvest. It is worthwhile to know that MACD cannot and should not be used as a stand alone but for the confirmation of what had been interpreted from the price action. Also default parameter are quite reliable but if you practice with other ones and you are comfortable with them all well and good. Try as much as possible to establish the potentials (in terms of stop loss and take profit) of each time frame and the easier the use will become

Reply to thread