• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread
    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Which Trading Style Do You Prefer?

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade has much to be proud of dtvade's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1488 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,381 Times in 788 Posts

Default Re: How to choose trading types?

It is of high importance to choose a trading type or style preferably. What a trader needs to do is to work on developing his own personal working strategy with the use of price action and the combination of indicators. The strategy needs to practiced over and over till there is enough evidence of consistent profits. Since every strategy stipulates the time frame, stop loss and take profits , it is from there that the trader will be able to choose the best style which could be short term, Scalping, Medium term or long term. In all these the trader should cultivate the habit of keeping a trading journal at any point in time because it is going to make things very easy

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Mellow

dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      6609 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      44 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 21,806 Times in 4,221 Posts

Default Re: How to choose trading types?

Selecting the type of trade depends on each trader itself. Because analysis for each trader against market price movements cannot always be in exactly the same condition. Targets achieved by traders can also be a reference for choosing the type of trade, so the type of trade can always change every time.

The types of trade in my opinion are as follows :

Long term trading, with long term trading, one-time trading profits can be very large. To analyze when to enter the market is not too confusing because the shot is trend of long term movements. For traders of this type, floating minus up to 100 pips is normal and does not become a burden. They have calculated that their trading account can hold positions minus up to hundreds of pips. Stop loss and take profit settings are also up to hundreds of pips.

Mid term trading, this type of trading involves looking at multiple time frames and the use of technical indicators. it also makes use of support and resistance levels, trend lines, Fibonacci retracement and extensions, and pivot points. Candlestick formations and chart patterns are also useful. Usually i use this type of trade more often for my trade.

Short term trading, there are not many profit targets, only a few pips and for 1 day they can open positions several times. But short term trading style is not suitable for those of you who are impatient / in a hurry to get quick profit. Patience and consistency are needed to be able to reach 20-30 pips every day. If it is not consistent, maybe floating loss will come to you. If you focus and consistently apply this trading style, it will be easier to "monitor" the trading method and your profit, of course, just specify the desired daily profit target.

This means choosing the type of trade cannot be done randomly. Traders must decide from the start of the type of trade they want to use, not when choosing the type of trade after you are floating minus condition. So choose according to the way your analysis or simple strategies that you normally use in trading.
      don't use Luck in the trade but it would be better to use Greed
      hoping for something without hard work will not give anything

dedy hari kurniawan's trading journal

3. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
      MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Relaxed

Omoba9ce has a reputation beyond repute Omoba9ce has a reputation beyond repute Omoba9ce has a reputation beyond repute Omoba9ce has a reputation beyond repute Omoba9ce has a reputation beyond repute Omoba9ce has a reputation beyond repute Omoba9ce has a reputation beyond repute Omoba9ce has a reputation beyond repute Omoba9ce has a reputation beyond repute Omoba9ce has a reputation beyond repute Omoba9ce has a reputation beyond repute Omoba9ce's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1975 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 5,086 Times in 1,635 Posts

Default Re: Which Trading Style Do You Prefer?

I have been in this market for years now and I would say that I always usually prefer to close my trades at the end of the day, making me a day trader. However, I do leave trades open for over a day to even a week at times depending on the trading set up. That being said, I think my trading style is within the range of a day trader, to a swing trader. I do not scalp as I do not usually trade short time frame set ups for small pips. I usually target from 50 - 100 pips in my trades, so I always allow the trade to develop and give it as much time as it needs to do so. I like trading swings(retracements) and so I do not really follow the trend like a long term trader would. This kind of trading has given me the best results so far and I would continue with it and improve as I go on.

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      775 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,073 Times in 1,964 Posts

Honestly I think I trade on this three types of trading style, personally I don't really have a specific trading style that I stick to. The market situation or condition will determine which style or approach am going to take.

For example when the market is choppy I mostly decide to scalp in this period because there is less volatility in the market that can distrust the scalp position and I used to make 20 pips easily with high frequency trading.

And sometimes I go for price action trading which to be honest is the simplest way to trade in as much as we fully understand the several trading pattern that are available. And if am to swing a trade I do this with lower lot size.

But I think I enjoy price action than scalping.

6. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Relaxed

kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      6004 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 9,490 Times in 2,523 Posts

I prefer to stay with intraday trading the reason for me is I like this approach because I do not want to stay with the trades for the longer time period and I also wish to increase my capital from day to day that gives me more buying power in the coming days. On the other side day trading also offer to catch the small moves which always remian in force and are possible on the both of sides means short and longs on the daily basis.

When I study my risk apatite and my patience level there I decide to not trade in long-term and only depend on short-term intraday trades and I am successful in it.

8. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
      MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Asleep

Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4188 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,829 Times in 2,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forexianz View Post
      Which Trading Style Do You Prefer?
      I love all of three trading styles. Personally i prefer swing strategy. Day trading also good but for a weird reason my trading strategy isn't suited for this trading method. Scalping is also good and i earned a lot of money from scalping. Scalping is profitable but very risky. Scalping trading is one kinds of eagle eye trading system. An eagle always keep their eyes on in the ground while flying in the sky. If any opportunity arises it just grab it. A scalper is also like that. They always waits for the perfect timing of entry. When time comes, they start trading and close their trade by garbing only 20-30 pips profit. It's a dangerous strategy because if any high impact news published then they will trap in danger. That's why i am suggesting you to swift to swing trade or day trading. It's safer than scalping. Lot size is always a fact. Keep strong money management. Never let the greed to place in your mind.

MT5 Rookie
      I am:
      ----

madiha415 will become famous soon enough madiha415 will become famous soon enough madiha415's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      25 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Trading Style :

I prefer swing trading and intraday trading because in these types of trading we make handsome profitable trading and these trading style low risky and we gain profit easily daily basis, and scalping trading style is not prefer because in scalping we many times gain handsome profit and many times we lose big investment and scalping is too much risky and i am avoid from scalping style , so i like swing trading daily and i make profitable trading when i use swing trading with good trading analysis and i confirm that if trader work in swing trading type or intraday trading style and trader some have information about forex market trader make successful trading and trader not lose their investment. Swing trading style is safe and easy of use and we work with market conditions and low price movement and in scalping trader place their trades in high market movement and trader make profit or loss in trading.

11. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Happy

Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4781 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,143 Times in 894 Posts

Different styles exist that the forex trader can use to make money from the forex business, trading without having a style basically mean what the trader is doing all the while is a mere gambling activity, choose the trading method that works, for example, people could decide to adopt the short term strategies because that is what they find to be more profitable than the long term strategies, the choice is absolutely that if the individual trader to make, no one else has the right to make this decision for them, forex trading with a long term perspective had always been perceived to be the best for the sake of sustainability.

13. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Lonely

Hotovaga is a glorious beacon of light Hotovaga is a glorious beacon of light Hotovaga is a glorious beacon of light Hotovaga is a glorious beacon of light Hotovaga is a glorious beacon of light Hotovaga's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      288 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Though there is several kinds of trading strategy in the forex trading but I Prefer to trade with both of scalping and intraday trading system because to trade on scalping trading we can analysis the market with M15 and H1 and we need small invest. Beside this, to trade with scalping strategy we can make huge money within a short time. Beside this, I am also a day trader which is a good strategy for the forex trader and it is very simple to analysis the market. If we want to scalping strategy then we should trade after news release or at Asean session. But if we want to trade with intraday then we should analysis the market with H4 and D1. Moreover, there is the possibility to make money if we can trade with intraday trading strategy.

15. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
    16. Demo contests
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1871 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 5,535 Times in 2,016 Posts

I prefer to be trading the trend of the market, and every good strategies that are helping traders to locate the trend of the market are my preference as well. In this case, the trend trading indicators, price action that work in patterns, and a strong breakout strategy are all my preferences, they are the best to trade the market.

However, it is always safe for traders to be handling all their trading works on the higher time frames. If traders could do this in line with a good trading strategy, then i am certain that the trader will not regret what they are doing, and income will be made regularly.

Finally, there is no perfect trading style, we should just make sure that we use our trading strategy with good account management of our risk and money. Also, we should be disciplined in all what we are doing.

Reply to thread
    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast