• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Trading Style Do You Prefer?

Forum Guru
      I am:
      Fine

GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4561 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,762 Times in 1,653 Posts

There are 4 ways that a Forex trader can trade as regards the Forex trading style and they are listed below. A trader should understand the very basic rule as regards the Forex business and that is that no matter the way, System or strategy that we are using to trade the Forex Market, We must always try our best to trade in the right manner. Trading in the right manner and following the needed rules is what guarantees a trader profits in a consistent manner in Forex.

- Scalping strategy.

- Day trading.

- Swing trading.

- Position or Long term trading.

For me, Swing trading is my very best and preferred trading system as regards the Forex trading, It usually involves opening and leaving trades to stay for an average of 1 week before it reaches take profits, Stop loss or the trader closes it manually.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Happy

forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      6167 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,397 Times in 2,786 Posts

for sure having a working strategy depends on the trading system of the forex trader; one which he must have worked on to a degree of perfection. personally, i am in the scalping system of trading. this suits me as i do not have the patience to wait for a long time on a trade. secondly, i would not need to leave a trade on over-night. however, scalping, which is trading in expectation of a few pips profit is a very risky way of trading. one needs to have sharpened one skills in the demo trading account to really venture into this system of trading. when scalping, the forex trader makes use of the lower time-frames. most times the trade is carried out so fast that there would be no room to set a take profit or stop loss points. the trader therefore needs a fast internet connection so that his trading instructions are quickly carried out by the trading platform. scalping should be done using low lots since anything can happen in the business. that helps in keeping losses low.
      ''Too many times we settle into a set way of thinking and accept limitations that need not be placed on us'' -John C. Maxwell

Hedging Edge: Heading For $6 Million!

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Lonely

bangash4u has a reputation beyond repute bangash4u has a reputation beyond repute bangash4u has a reputation beyond repute bangash4u has a reputation beyond repute bangash4u has a reputation beyond repute bangash4u has a reputation beyond repute bangash4u has a reputation beyond repute bangash4u has a reputation beyond repute bangash4u has a reputation beyond repute bangash4u has a reputation beyond repute bangash4u has a reputation beyond repute bangash4u's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      791 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      3 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,041 Times in 879 Posts

I think that It depends on traders planning and strategy to trade in a certain style. Most of the newbies who are learning forex trading will always do scalping. Because due to lack of too much experience, they cannot make a long term strategy and will always be happy to accept profit on daily basis. As far as I am concerned, I also prefer to do scalping and intraday trading. Because I am still in learning process and cannot make a hold my positions for many days. So. I always happy to close my positions as soon as I get some profit and also don't have to wait for many days to get profit. I think that that there different traders who will also select different style of trading according to their comfort level.

4. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
      Forum Guru
      I am:
      Happy

balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      6039 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 11,342 Times in 2,846 Posts

I prefer both swing and long term trading style because it's my comfort zone where I can trade it with almost no stress. I like swing trading because there's always a trading opportunity on a weekly basis. I use daily trade setup on my swing trade to avoid spending my time monitoring the smaller time frames. While in long term trading I use weekly chart to capture a possible 500 pips or more movement but it needs a lot of patience to succeed. Swing and long term trading has been my trading style for more than 5 years and so far I have nothing to complain about it. I also tried intraday scalping before but I failed and lost some money.

6. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      7423 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 9,076 Times in 2,865 Posts

I personally love scalping style of trading because of various reasons :-

1. Can close and open trade orders frequently .

2. Can target for achievable small pips numbers .

3.Can open multiple number of trade orders in a single day .

4. Can get the equity amount result within that day so next day we can start our next trading plan and journey .

5. Here the money and risk can be managed properly

6. Any time of the day we can trade as per our comfort level.

But in swing trading style ,the trade orders are opened for 2-3 days and for that we have to wait for the market trend change and thus the real patience should work out which is indeed difficult to hold .

In intraday trading style ,traders those who are free ,they can trade but the person who is working offline ,its not possible for him to trade and monitor the market for all hours and thus it becomes very hard to tackle such conditions.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cool

AHT is a name known to all AHT is a name known to all AHT is a name known to all AHT is a name known to all AHT is a name known to all AHT is a name known to all AHT's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      753 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

There are huge trading strategy in forex market.it is create by trader. Trading style or trading strategy varies from trader to trader. All trader do not follow system . Now I can share my trading style for all. At first I want to say I am a price action trader, I love trade in a fresh chart. For open a trade I have some rules in bellow I mention it.
      1. At first I am trying to find a trend (Uptrend or down trend) I am totally avoid side way market
      2. When I get a trend then I am waiting for a value area or price pull back area
      3. To find value area I use trendline ,horigontal line to find a good value area.
      4. In a value area I am trying to find a candle confirmation which suggest me to enter in a trade
      5. I also use fibo 50 or 61.8 level for open my trade.
      6. Proper take profit and stop loss for trade and then try to forget about my trade.
      This is my trading strategy. This is a simple but very effective trading strategy ever I found in forex.

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      Stresses

union12 has a brilliant future union12 has a brilliant future union12 has a brilliant future union12 has a brilliant future union12 has a brilliant future union12 has a brilliant future union12 has a brilliant future union12 has a brilliant future union12 has a brilliant future union12 has a brilliant future union12 has a brilliant future union12's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1068 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,762 Times in 487 Posts

scalping means trading for shortest term, for example my trade comes in profit and i exit. i don't like this kind of trading, i have two reasons for dislike.
      Reason 1: i have to make an EA for this or have to buy one because this strategy needs strict entry exit timing.
      Reason 2: daily news events and even small impact news would effect my overall winning probability.

intraday trading or day trading means all positions strictly close after the end of day. again i don't like to trade that way too because:

Reason 1:: i have to close even losing positions with the close of daily candle, this would reduce my winning percentage.
      Reason 2: i'm a busy person so i can't stick my eyes with charts all day also if i ever had wanted to do that then i would had to use EA for this.

both scalping and intraday are almost in same category but swing trading now comes out of strict rules specially when done on long term.

i don't like to go for a position that would last a year because in that way i would have only 30 trades in 30 years. i also like to gain big but with good probability so that i won't lose capital. so i prefer swing trading.

Banned
      I am:
      ----

adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      243 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,651 Times in 1,082 Posts

Which Trading Style Do You Prefer?
      i think i do like two out of the mention trading techniques, though am more perfect at trading based on intraday ways, as i really dont have much time to keep monitoring my trade in the Forex trading market, scalping require lot of time and focus in the market, but with intraday trade, i majorly \based my analysis on the daily time frame , and once i make my analysis in the morning time, i set u my tp and in the night i will close the trade manually if it has not reached my target and if its in loss, i will still analyse and see whether there is a chance that it can return to the direction of my trade.
      i dont really have much knowledge of swing trading.

11. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
      Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

Zysitililititilitid is just really nice Zysitililititilitid is just really nice Zysitililititilitid is just really nice Zysitililititilitid is just really nice Zysitililititilitid's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      277 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

As we already know, there are 4 styles or styles of trading on the Forex market.
      That is Scalping, Day Trading, Swing Trading and Position Trading.

Maybe there are some of you who don't agree with this and consider other trading styles to be better.
      I prefer to use Swing trading.
      Swing trading in the context of Forex Trading is to open a position and then the position is held for several days to several weeks and even months. With the target of 'catching' a big trend. It is expected that this can achieve significant profit in the range of hundreds of pips.

If you want to understand Swing Trading easily, imagine or analogy like you are investing in buying gold bars.
      You may not invest in buying gold bars for sale again in just 3 days or a week later.

13. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Inspired

fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic has much to be proud of fanatic's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4287 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      5 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,200 Times in 633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forexianz View Post
      There are 3 common trading styles in Forex trading which are scalping, intraday and swing. Which one you prefer and state you reasons.

Swing trading appears to be the most convenient and profitable among the various trading styles given. You patiently wait for the forex market to indicate that it is about to swing, then grab the opportunity to enter profitable trades. This is better than chasing few pips here and there, when the currency price has not made up its mind to move.

This trading style is also easy on your emotions, as you can even shut down your computer and attend to other matters, until it is time for the posting of the next candle. You can then put on your computer to see where the candle close and determine the next course of action.
      POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE IN THE FOREX MARKET, YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING !

15. For the posts posted after 25.02.19 the likes will be displayed after 25.04.19.
    Reply to thread
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast