• Sleepy
  • Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread

Thread: Metatrader 4 install wizard asks for proxy server.

Where am I?
      I am:
      ----

codehammer is an unknown quantity at this point codehammer's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Metatrader 4 install wizard asks for proxy server.

I downloaded mt4 from instaforex.com and the installation package is asking me to set up proxy.

what do I need to type in to be able to install mt4?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to codehammer For This Useful Post:

MT5 bozZdeviL (11-13-2018)

I am:
      ----

IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,202 Times in 749 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by codehammer     
      I downloaded mt4 from instaforex.com and the installation package is asking me to set up proxy.

You need to turn off your proxy setting. Make sure you download MT4 not MT5 from https://www.instaforex.com/trading_platform
      Best regards,
      PR Manager
      InstaForex Group
      Live help online

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IFX Gertrude For This Useful Post:

Where am I?
      I am:
      ----

codehammer is an unknown quantity at this point codehammer's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Re: Metatrader 4 install wizard asks for proxy server.

Thank you for reply, your answer was not clear enough right away.
      I solved the issue by adding a firewall rule to allow mt4 installer connect outbound to port 443.

those who have similar issue, ensuring outbound connections are allowed temporary during the install process is the easiest way.
      after installation is complete, add additional permanent firewall rule for "terminal.exe" to remote port 443.
      this is only needed if your firewall blocks outbound connections by default.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to codehammer For This Useful Post:

I am:
      Asleep

MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3964 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      12 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 31,723 Times in 7,565 Posts

Thank you for reply, your answer was not clear enough right away.
      I solved the issue by adding a firewall rule to allow mt4 installer connect outbound to port 443.

those who have similar issue, ensuring outbound connections are allowed temporary during the install process is the easiest way.
      after installation is complete, add additional permanent firewall rule for "terminal.exe" to remote port 443.
      this is only needed if your firewall blocks outbound connections by default.
      Ah, too late answer your question.
      Nice suggestion, i am happ to read you can solved your problem with your own way.
      If you found any problem with your trading, feel free to posting here, mate.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

Nyx Assassin will become famous soon enough Nyx Assassin will become famous soon enough Nyx Assassin's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I think no need to use any or change the proxy, it must be your firewall or antivirus that apply on your computer blocked to instal that metatrader.

I am:
      Asleep

MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3964 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      12 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 31,723 Times in 7,565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx Assassin     
      I think no need to use any or change the proxy, it must be your firewall or antivirus that apply on your computer blocked to instal that metatrader.
      The download file can't starting if we not turn of our proxy, we must do it first.
      I think there is no connection with our antivirus but i think it can be happen, actually i never face or found some trouble like that.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

Legion Commander will become famous soon enough Legion Commander will become famous soon enough Legion Commander's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MT5 bozZdeviL     
      The download file can't starting if we not turn of our proxy, we must do it first.
      I think there is no connection with our antivirus but i think it can be happen, actually i never face or found some trouble like that.
      That is true, there is no virus detected on metatrader while we download.
      So that mean the main factor is only turn of the proxy setting on your computer device.

Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

Kiroskin is an unknown quantity at this point Kiroskin's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

The main rule while you install proxy is to switch off the antivirus and close all the program what could consume traffic . I prefer to use VPN service for example The North VPN . My true IP address is hidden! I am unidentifiable online because so and every time when I stay online I just turn on the program , it doesn't make my speed slower and the connection is stable . It cost me some small fees for using this program . But now I am thinking to try some web proxy . As I understood from this site I can get free and unusable proxy . It is the best part that I dont need to pay nothing and it will work the same good as North VPN

MT5 Rookie
      I am:
      Fine

ikniazi021 is an unknown quantity at this point ikniazi021's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Its will depend on your networking ip address and mac address because on local area network ip address are same and they are doing sub nating on one ip addresss thets wye some time need additional proxy server for start work
      Dont worry its a minor networking problem and dont be afraid on it
      Use authenticator network for your system

Reply to thread