• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2

Thread: Tips to use RSI indicator!

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

Tahirachemist81 has a reputation beyond repute Tahirachemist81 has a reputation beyond repute Tahirachemist81 has a reputation beyond repute Tahirachemist81 has a reputation beyond repute Tahirachemist81 has a reputation beyond repute Tahirachemist81 has a reputation beyond repute Tahirachemist81 has a reputation beyond repute Tahirachemist81 has a reputation beyond repute Tahirachemist81 has a reputation beyond repute Tahirachemist81 has a reputation beyond repute Tahirachemist81 has a reputation beyond repute Tahirachemist81's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1662 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 5,044 Times in 2,239 Posts

Post Tips to use RSI indicator!

Relative Strength Index, or RSI, is a popular indicator developed by a technical analyst named J. Welles Wilder.

RSI is similar to the stochastic in that it identifies overbought and oversold conditions in the market.

It is also scaled from 0 to 100.
      Typically, readings below 30 indicate oversold market conditions.

Readings over 70 indicate overbought conditions.

If you think a trend is forming, take a quick look at the RSI and look at whether it is above or below 50.

If you are looking at a possible UPTREND, then make sure the RSI is above 50.

If you are looking at a possible DOWNTREND, then make sure the RSI is below 50.

To avoid fakeouts, we can wait for RSI to cross below 50 to confirm our trend.

Sure enough, as RSI passes below 50, it is a good confirmation that a downtrend has actually formed.

2. The following 8 users say Thank You to Tahirachemist81 for this useful post.

6sh (01-02-2019), elssayed (01-02-2019), Unregistered (6)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Relaxed

kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      6374 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 10,938 Times in 2,847 Posts

Default Re: Tips to use RSI indicator!

RSI RSI is an extremely popular momentum indicator, it is the most widely used indicators you can say that it is need to all trading strategies as it is really a good one to consider either it is the best to place to get in or there is need to wait for the entry like a trader never take the positions when RSI is in extreme oversold or overbought and wait for its return between 30 and 70 levels but it only possible when trader know that how to use RSI in his trading.

Usually whatever system of trading I follow but when I use RSI to confirm the signals there I wait for the RSI to enter into the territory of above 30 and below 70 because that is the best areas to get a trade and when there is an overbought and oversold condition there is need to wait for the time when the RSI start floating above 30 and below 70. For some of the strategies, traders use center line means level 50 line to consider the trend of the

4. The following 10 users say Thank You to kashifrehman for this useful post.

dtvade (01-02-2019), elssayed (01-02-2019), Feny (01-02-2019), paulokepaul (01-01-2019), Tahirachemist81 (01-05-2019), theomilli (01-02-2019), Unregistered (4)

Banned
      I am:
      Happy

Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2135 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 5,174 Times in 1,968 Posts

The relative strength Index (RSI) developed by J. Welles Wilder, is a momentum oscillator that measures the speed and change of price movements. The RSI oscillates between zero and 100. Basically the RSI is considered overbought when price is above 70 and considered oversold when price is below 30. The RSI produces signals through divergences and failure swings. The RSI is similar to the stochastic because it identifies overbought and oversold conditions in the market. It can also be use to identity the general trend of a particular market.

How to Use RSI indicator

The RSI can be used just like the stochastic. It can be used to pick potential tops and bottoms depending on whether the market is overbought or over sold. If the RSI dropped below 30, it signals that there might be no sellers left in the market and a bullish move would be starting shortly, so a trader can buy the particular market with this notion. While if the RSI climebed above 70, it signals that the particular market has been overbought and there might be no buyers again and this indicates a sell opportunity for that particular market.

In determining the trend with the RSI, if the RSI is above 50 then it gives a signal for an uptrend of that market, while if it is below 50, then it gives a signal for a possible downtrend.
      Attached Images  

6. The following 6 users say Thank You to Oriakhiebillz for this useful post.

dtvade (01-02-2019), elssayed (01-02-2019), Feny (01-02-2019), paulokepaul (01-01-2019), Tahirachemist81 (01-05-2019), theomilli (01-02-2019)

Banned
      I am:
      ----

paulokepaul has a reputation beyond repute paulokepaul has a reputation beyond repute paulokepaul has a reputation beyond repute paulokepaul has a reputation beyond repute paulokepaul has a reputation beyond repute paulokepaul has a reputation beyond repute paulokepaul has a reputation beyond repute paulokepaul has a reputation beyond repute paulokepaul has a reputation beyond repute paulokepaul has a reputation beyond repute paulokepaul has a reputation beyond repute paulokepaul's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1013 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,588 Times in 1,195 Posts

RSI is Relative strength Index use in trading to know oversold and overbought situations of market.It is believed that as a volume indicator whenever it close above 70,the market is over bought and will retrace back before continue bullish move and whenever is below 30 ,the market is oversold and will retrace before continue bearish move. I have noticed that it retrace between 45--70 pips in 1hr chart, 100--130pips in 4hr chart , 150--200pips in daily chart.
      However, this situation is not static because in the course of break out, this findings do not hold .Market continue to go in that direction not minding position of RSI. See example of overbought and oversold situation of RSI in weekly and daily charts respectively.
      Name:  weekly chart.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  156.5 KB
      Name:  daily chart.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  141.5 KB

8. The following 3 users say Thank You to paulokepaul for this useful post.

elssayed (01-02-2019), Tahirachemist81 (01-05-2019), theomilli (01-02-2019)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      6790 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,212 Times in 1,827 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tahirachemist81     
      Sure enough, as RSI passes below 50, it is a good confirmation that a downtrend has actually formed.
      RSI Indicator : Is One Of The Best Indicators Which Can Inform Us By Oversold and Overbought Conditions But At Same Time As You Say We Can Use it To Confirm The Trend By Adding Level 50 To It Along With Its Two Main Levels 30 and 70 And We can add Level 50 To It By The Following Steps :
      1- We Can Press Right Click On The Indicator By Our Mouse As The Following Photo Then We Can Press On ( RSI 14 Properties ) :

2- From After The Pressing On Properties Chose Levels Then Press On Add Then Add Level 50 To The List As The Following Photo :

3- Now Press Ok And You Will See Level 50 Has Been Added To The Indicator as the following Photo :

Now You Can Use That Level With The Trends As The Following :
      - While Having Up Trend : Make Sure That RSI Above 50 .
      - While Having Down Trend : Make Sure That RSI Below 50 .

10. The following 2 users say Thank You to elssayed for this useful post.

Feny (01-02-2019), Tahirachemist81 (01-05-2019)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

6sh has much to be proud of 6sh has much to be proud of 6sh has much to be proud of 6sh has much to be proud of 6sh has much to be proud of 6sh has much to be proud of 6sh has much to be proud of 6sh has much to be proud of 6sh has much to be proud of 6sh's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      268 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,273 Times in 960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tahirachemist81     
      Relative Strength Index, or RSI, is a popular indicator developed by a technical analyst named J. Welles Wilder.

RSI is similar to the stochastic in that it identifies overbought and oversold conditions in the market.

It is also scaled from 0 to 100.
      Typically, readings below 30 indicate oversold market conditions.

Readings over 70 indicate overbought conditions.

If you think a trend is forming, take a quick look at the RSI and look at whether it is above or below 50.

If you are looking at a possible UPTREND, then make sure the RSI is above 50.

If you are looking at a possible DOWNTREND, then make sure the RSI is below 50.

try to combine rsi n' macd. i know some people who do this n' they say that it is actually working well that way. there is also another simple strategy which combines 20 sma with rsi. the best thing to do is find out what works for you? always have a demo account to test various strategies even if you are trading a live account because the same indicator will give different results depending on the individual trading styles n' preferences.
      bit by bit, over time... it will accumulate into a mountain..!

12. The following 4 users say Thank You to 6sh for this useful post.

Tahirachemist81 (01-05-2019), Unregistered (2), y2sm4n (01-09-2019)

Forum VIP
      I am:
      ----

amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4570 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 13,655 Times in 3,785 Posts

Happy New Year Everyone Yes some of there very good indicator and RSI is one of them Its use very simple but and its report very helpful to draw a trading decision either buy or sell I want to say to get the valuable signal we have must use it d1 time frame and when we get the RSI line above70 that indicate the strong buying chance and below 30 value indicates a strong selling signal I agree 50 is the most popular scaling level its above and its below price determine us buy or selling opportunity Truly its normal environment to trading fact to approach the market Its another good side that we can change maximum Color, levels, visualization

Have a look price now above 70 that mean price very very strong at the upper-level while the price move up a meeting with 70 value just pushes buy order.
      Last edited by MT5 bozZdeviL; 01-02-2019 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Removed Fonts size

14. The Following User Says Thank You to amiron56 For This Useful Post:

Tahirachemist81 (01-05-2019)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2161 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,856 Times in 999 Posts

RSI (Relative Strength Indicator) is one of the good indicators around in the category of the Oscillator. It is quite helpful if one is purpose using it for a supportive or confirmatory role, that is for the confirmation of what one has been able to infer from the price action. The range on the indicator is from 0 to 100. It is quite straight forward to use in the sense that when the readings is above 50 (and more appropriately between 50 and 70), it implies uptrend and when the reading is below 50 (in the range of 50 and 30) then it is downtrend. The value of 70 o 100 and 0 to 30 indicate overbought and oversold conditions respectively

16. The following 3 users say Thank You to dtvade for this useful post.

Tahirachemist81 (01-05-2019), Unregistered (2)

Banned
      I am:
      ----

zianuha is a splendid one to behold zianuha is a splendid one to behold zianuha is a splendid one to behold zianuha is a splendid one to behold zianuha is a splendid one to behold zianuha is a splendid one to behold zianuha is a splendid one to behold zianuha's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      391 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,814 Times in 560 Posts

RSI included as popular indicator and still used so many traders, this is a very useful indicator to analyze the market especially to determine overbought and oversold area, but I think how to use RSI also need pay attention with timeframe that used, if we are having tendencies to become swing trader which having position more than few days hence we can use RSI on daily timeframe, because we having target for long-term trading, but will different if we work as intraday trader, hence using RSI on H1 timeframe already good enough to look for entry point if the price already on overbought and oversold area

But however we must remember if actually, the market is very dynamic and sometimes moves unpredictable, in trading we still need to using risk management control, this is an important part in trading to manage the risk, so if likely RSI, in reality, giving false signal, although the price already on overbought and oversold area, still possible the trend still continue, so put stop loss is one way to manage the risk when RSI giving false signal

And also important is determine target profit, if we work as swing trading hence we can look RSI and the price also support and resistance area that figured on the chart, how to determine support resistance area we can use certain tool like as pivot point or Fibonacci retracement, because we can combine RSI with another tool to help us making plan trading

18. The following 4 users say Thank You to zianuha for this useful post.

radex78 (01-03-2019), Tahirachemist81 (01-05-2019), Unregistered (2)

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      Cool

AHT has much to be proud of AHT has much to be proud of AHT has much to be proud of AHT has much to be proud of AHT has much to be proud of AHT has much to be proud of AHT has much to be proud of AHT has much to be proud of AHT has much to be proud of AHT's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      922 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,321 Times in 652 Posts

RSI is a good indicator that default in meta trader. I was use this indicator before. But now I am trade with price action trading method. but when I used this I get very good benefit. Actually rsi works with two option. Over sold and over bought . when the price goes over sold then it give us signal that the market is now over sold and now the market tries to goes up and when the market goes over bought we can get signal from rsi indicator. In this time trader tries to go for sell. But we need to set some level first. I think if we can set our over sold level 30 and over bought level 70 it will be very good for us to understand the market bias. When the market touch 70 level we can wait for sell and when the market touch 30 level then we can wait for goes buy trade.

20. The following 2 users say Thank You to AHT for this useful post.

radex78 (01-03-2019), Tahirachemist81 (01-05-2019)

Reply to thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2