• Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread

Thread: Fed Clida: The economy is in good shape despite the slowdown

Banned
      I am:
      ----

android has a brilliant future android has a brilliant future android has a brilliant future android has a brilliant future android has a brilliant future android has a brilliant future android has a brilliant future android has a brilliant future android has a brilliant future android has a brilliant future android has a brilliant future android's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      152 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 5,716 Times in 654 Posts

Default Fed Clida: The economy is in good shape despite the slowdown

In a speech earlier in the session, Federal Reserve Chairman Richard Clarida said that although economic growth is expected to slow this year compared to 2018, the economy is still fine.

Clarida pointed out that inflation remained silent and assessed the potential negative impact of Britain's exit from the EU and the slowdown in the global economy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to android For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

Caprice will become famous soon enough Caprice's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

The main reason why all major countries are keeping their rates low is that they want the consumers to spend more and save less. This is the result of a consistent slow growth in the world's economy after the 2008 global financial crisis. Fed's Clida is also pointing towards the same concern and with the after effects of Brexit in mind, she can clearly see the economy slowing down again. As its slowing down by a small fraction, its not a very major concern.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

kuldeep kale is on a distinguished road kuldeep kale's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      46 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Yes absoulatly right i think this man deserve for next chairman for fedral reserve his goals are good his focus is clear and thinking is also right i dont know why ECB is keeping its rate negative juat because of that euro is fell to recover now a day i hope mr draghi take good decision on his next policy meeting so that economy is growing and inflation rate is below 2% on the other side theresa may has kick pound in whale from 3 months because of brexit issue econmoy of UK is wobble and cant get a chance to stand up their unemployment rate is increasing now Uk people now dont want brexit they want to leave with eu

Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

Earie is on a distinguished road Earie's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuldeep kale     
      Yes absoulatly right i think this man deserve for next chairman for fedral reserve his goals are good his focus is clear and thinking is also right i dont know why ECB is keeping its rate negative juat because of that euro is fell to recover now a day i hope mr draghi take good decision on his next policy meeting so that economy is growing and inflation rate is below 2% on the other side theresa may has kick pound in whale from 3 months because of brexit issue econmoy of UK is wobble and cant get a chance to stand up their unemployment rate is increasing now Uk people now dont want brexit they want to leave with eu
      I think ECB is keeping such a low interest rate because they want the normal public to spend more than what they can save. This is how money flow works. If the interest rates are low, people don't find a reason to keep money in their banks and they tend to spend it either on real estate or on other consumables. This ensures that demand for products is high and the money continues to flow from consumers to intermediaries and then eventually to businesses. Businesses then pass it onto their employees. This whole way of keeping the low rates is to ensure higher employment rate and a stable growth.

As for Theresa May's UK, it actually is in a very tough position.

Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

Abhi302 is on a distinguished road Abhi302's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      9 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Yes you are right low rate could always grow the economy because low rate could attract people to get more loans and spend it or invest it some property or in stock market hence the money flow is reliable and labour data is improving

Reply to thread