• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread
    Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Thread: How Accurate is MT4 Strategy Tester?

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      Relaxed

uchexpx is on a distinguished road uchexpx's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      266 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTickle     
      Lightbulb How Accurate is MT4 Strategy Tester?

I was recently using the strategy tester after learning how it works and I'm not too sure how accurate it is. I find it to be very glitchy actually. Anyone else tried it and how accurate is the back testing?
      if you think that the strategy tester isn't that guaranteed then why don't you manually back test your strategy by studying the outcomes on previous chart movements,it's a pain staking step but like the saying goes no pain no gain.

2. Dragon
      Banned
      I am:
      Amused

124568 is on a distinguished road 124568's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      13 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

we can see at MT4, there is a good features and it's name is strategy feature, now the question is, did you ever, often, seldom or never use this tools ?
      and how is your experience about this?
      thank you very much

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      Cheerful

MT5 venki is a glorious beacon of light MT5 venki is a glorious beacon of light MT5 venki is a glorious beacon of light MT5 venki is a glorious beacon of light MT5 venki is a glorious beacon of light MT5 venki is a glorious beacon of light MT5 venki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1337 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTickle     
      I was recently using the strategy tester after learning how it works and I'm not too sure how accurate it is. I find it to be very glitchy actually. Anyone else tried it and how accurate is the back testing?

Actually, Strategy tester will run the Ea with market history movements. It more like a demo trading, there will be no effects on the market by our orders. So, the result should differs from real account trading than strategy tester. We may understand the nature of Ea by using strategy tester, but not able to know the accurate results.
      venki

MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Fine

Abimanyu is on a distinguished road Abimanyu's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      693 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by venki     
      Actually, Strategy tester will run the Ea with market history movements. It more like a demo trading, there will be no effects on the market by our orders. So, the result should differs from real account trading than strategy tester. We may understand the nature of Ea by using strategy tester, but not able to know the accurate results.
      I also agree with you, its will working and earning profit, if the market current market condition was similar like the market condition when the tester was created, if the market condition was different, I think the tester also will working but with not profitable such we want to

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Relaxed

kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      6375 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 11,050 Times in 2,881 Posts

The data that we download from the meta quotes that is used by the majority of traders means for trader that really trustable. And in the mt4 the same data is used to test a strategy so we can trust on that even with close eye. There is no reason to doubt mt4 strategy tester.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Inspired

sharabela is a jewel in the rough sharabela is a jewel in the rough sharabela is a jewel in the rough sharabela is a jewel in the rough sharabela's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2478 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I have never tried one of them. However, they should work to some extent. Needless to say that I still believe that human being is the best judge. Thus, you should be able to find about a strategy that really works for you.

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Amused

Forex_Fighter is on a distinguished road Forex_Fighter's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      255 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

it will be very accurate if the modeling percentage is above 90% and will not be if it is below 90% , any way the reason for getting high modeling percentage by downloading the full history of the pairs traded on

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

rashedul001 is an unknown quantity at this point rashedul001's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      133 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

There is always a conflicting instruction given to traders- "you must follow the rules" and again that youmust develop your own strategy. The issue now is which do we take? following the rupe or trading your own way........

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Relaxed

Mummyz has a reputation beyond repute Mummyz has a reputation beyond repute Mummyz has a reputation beyond repute Mummyz has a reputation beyond repute Mummyz has a reputation beyond repute Mummyz has a reputation beyond repute Mummyz has a reputation beyond repute Mummyz has a reputation beyond repute Mummyz has a reputation beyond repute Mummyz has a reputation beyond repute Mummyz has a reputation beyond repute Mummyz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2978 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,637 Times in 1,037 Posts

Well actually I believe its quite accurate as long as we have enough historical data..
      And I also download for IFX historical data on some website and the result is amazing because there are no mismatch tick when I'm doing back test..
      " GO Confidently in the Direction of Your DREAMS "
      " LIVE THE LIFE YOU HAVE IMAGINED "

TRADING JOURNAL : MASTERING THE ******

Where am I?
      I am:
      ----

rafifx is an unknown quantity at this point rafifx's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I was recently victimization the strategy tester once learning however it works and i am not too certain however correct it's. I notice it to be terribly glitch truly. Anyone else tried it and the way correct is that the back testing?

Reply to thread
    Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4