• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread
    Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Thread: How Accurate is MT4 Strategy Tester?

Where am I?
      I am:
      ----

rafifx is an unknown quantity at this point rafifx's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I was recently exploitation the strategy tester once learning however it works and i am not too positive however correct it's. I notice it to be terribly glitch really. Anyone else tried it and the way correct is that the back testing?

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      Angelic

mlatif is on a distinguished road mlatif's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      258 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

i don' have information about this i think back testing is based on past data but because of this future effected on the other step
      and accurate the result condition.....

Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

k_gondor is an unknown quantity at this point k_gondor's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      17 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

well, I think it's not high accurate as you may find some candles missed and you can see gaps all over the chart, but when i try to make a back test then i see a 90% modeling quality, some times it goes less such as 70%.

Forum Guru
      I am:
      Bored

bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2025 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Its accurate only to the limits of its data. This is base on mathematical computation so either we like the result or not is not the tester fault as its only function base on the its limitation from programmers. If we want to have complicated tester then its better we have complicated system as well. Accuracy is will always depends on the source of information and the formula or codes in the system that turn that data into information that we receive.

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cheerful

mugiwara will become famous soon enough mugiwara will become famous soon enough mugiwara's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      926 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

all the ways that we can do to get the most accurate trading results certainly there are some indicators that are sliced ​​very supportive news because market forces are not clear and I myself always confusion because the data I collected properly and indicators that I use also was based on procedures but it turns out market analysis betray me so I fail to be a trend to continue trading.

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      Amazed

حوسام احمد is on a distinguished road حوسام احمد's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I do not know the proper way to do that, but I am sure its on the net.

MT5 GURU
      Ex-Moderator
      I am:
      ----

Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker is just really nice Stockwalker's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      7409 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTickle     
      I was recently using the strategy tester after learning how it works and I'm not too sure how accurate it is. I find it to be very glitchy actually. Anyone else tried it and how accurate is the back testing?
      MT4 Strategy Tester is mostly accurate (something like 90-95% as far as I can recall) but don't forget: it's a backtest. You could just easily tweak the settings to make it more profitable (for the past!) but that doesn't mean at all that it will be profitable in the future as well.
      MT5 Forum Daily Contest: Black Frame Talent - Win up to 5$ daily to your Real InstaForex account!

MT5 Forum Weekly Contest: Guess Forex Trend - Win up to 25$ weekly to your Real InstaForex account!

MT5 Forum Monthly Contest: Best Topic Starter Awards - Win up to 30$ monthly to your Real InstaForex account!

Forum VIP
      I am:
      Angry

mehwishraheel has a spectacular aura about mehwishraheel has a spectacular aura about mehwishraheel has a spectacular aura about mehwishraheel's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2704 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I was recently using the strategy tester after learning how it works and I'm not too sure how accurate it is. I find it to be very glitchy actually. Anyone else tried it and how accurate is the back testing?
      Brother, actually these results show only a few higher high and lower low trading opportunities in your chosen time frame, if you see in lower time frame then the result would be different, I have tried it, and found that these are only for estimation.
      If you are newbie then don't send friend request just Learn basics of forex Trading

Banned
      I am:
      ----

M A Razzaque is on a distinguished road M A Razzaque's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      27 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I think its 100% accurate. Somebody says that its work only
      on test but not working in real. For them I will say that if you trade by this rule without any emotion, you can get the same result as the strategy tester. I think Its better for a experienced trader to test his new strategy with strategy tester that demo it.

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Relaxed

4ex is on a distinguished road 4ex's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      102 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Although it have high accuracy, it was for back-time not forward-time, for me I like to test the strategy on demo account, so there called forward testing. If you do back-testing for recent years, maybe the accuracy will be more accurate, also it will need more time to test the strategy on the strategy tester.

Reply to thread
    Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4