• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread
    Page 4 of 4 ... 2 3 4

Thread: How Accurate is MT4 Strategy Tester?

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Bored

Soldier has a reputation beyond repute Soldier has a reputation beyond repute Soldier has a reputation beyond repute Soldier has a reputation beyond repute Soldier has a reputation beyond repute Soldier has a reputation beyond repute Soldier has a reputation beyond repute Soldier has a reputation beyond repute Soldier has a reputation beyond repute Soldier has a reputation beyond repute Soldier has a reputation beyond repute Soldier's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2392 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,283 Times in 780 Posts

I think it's pretty good actually to get a standard on how your expert or indicator works but not an actual way to get trust-worthy data. Since the data that you will test your tools on will differ from metaquotes and your broker of choice then strategy tester results can't really be trusted 100% but nearing that percentage. Also, choosing the fast settings rather than every tick solutions will make the results not very trustful as well.

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Chatty

sameeh is a glorious beacon of light sameeh is a glorious beacon of light sameeh is a glorious beacon of light sameeh is a glorious beacon of light sameeh is a glorious beacon of light sameeh is a glorious beacon of light sameeh's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      598 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

strategy tester will be no value if the indicators or strategy tested is repaint and so the test will give higher value than that the strategy or indicators already give, the trader should test the strategy on demo and watch its behavior and it is good for trading or not and help the trader to get good positions of trading or not.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sameeh For This Useful Post:

MT5 bozZdeviL (08-02-2018)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

normarster has much to be proud of normarster has much to be proud of normarster has much to be proud of normarster has much to be proud of normarster has much to be proud of normarster has much to be proud of normarster has much to be proud of normarster has much to be proud of normarster's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      392 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,074 Times in 475 Posts

i tested some ea on this backtester in mt4 and i find good result. i compare one robot with someone else who tested it and the result was similar. and i read some guys have tested the robot in strategy tester in mt4 and compare to real result for the same period and it is very accurate.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to normarster For This Useful Post:

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      620 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,627 Times in 608 Posts

Strategy tester is a good way for us to test out a new indicator, strategy or even robot in a quick way. It helps in reducing time we might spend on it if we are doing it manually. After you find the setup that you like, dont forget to test it out on a demo or a cent account first before running it on a standard account.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Borneo Scalper For This Useful Post:

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

Templar Assassin will become famous soon enough Templar Assassin will become famous soon enough Templar Assassin's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

It is almost 100% accurate but some trader do not trust their strategy test resulsts. This is make them dilema and unpatience while process test trading strategy on Demo trading.

9. The following 2 users say Thank You to Templar Assassin for this useful post.

I am:
      Asleep

MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3964 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      12 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 31,670 Times in 7,564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo Scalper     
      Strategy tester is a good way for us to test out a new indicator, strategy or even robot in a quick way. It helps in reducing time we might spend on it if we are doing it manually. After you find the setup that you like, dont forget to test it out on a demo or a cent account first before running it on a standard account.
      That is really nice suggestion mate, i want to remember all of us if forex is really risky so we must have our trading strategy and test it first before investing big money.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

kuldeep kale is on a distinguished road kuldeep kale's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Generally speaking i am not using statergy tester because i always belive in my statergy if you want to check your statergy you can use it in demo account for 3 months this is the best way for as i think

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Inspired

Zeref has much to be proud of Zeref has much to be proud of Zeref has much to be proud of Zeref has much to be proud of Zeref has much to be proud of Zeref has much to be proud of Zeref has much to be proud of Zeref has much to be proud of Zeref has much to be proud of Zeref's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      152 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,298 Times in 633 Posts

backtest is very important because usually the candle pattern repeats because the market does not make a random movement. with the backtest we know the strategy we use in the long run is what the results are, max. what kind of drawdown, what are the consistent profits, etc. So backtest is very important to know how consistent our strategy is in dealing with market changes. What needs to be remembered, Bactest is not guaranteed to be the same as real. Better directly with a real account, later we can find out how capable the strategy is.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeref For This Useful Post:

OfficialMA (05-12-2019)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Chatty

OfficialMA has much to be proud of OfficialMA has much to be proud of OfficialMA has much to be proud of OfficialMA has much to be proud of OfficialMA has much to be proud of OfficialMA has much to be proud of OfficialMA has much to be proud of OfficialMA has much to be proud of OfficialMA's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      262 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,100 Times in 422 Posts

Hello dear, good evening, i hope you would be fine. There is no doubt that Meta Trader 4 is the best trading software due his easy interface and a lot of trading strategies which are available in the market. In my opinion the strategy tester is doing really work good in Meta Trader4 same like other good softwares.

Reply to thread
    Page 4 of 4 ... 2 3 4