• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2

Thread: What is legalized corruption?

FX Vampire
      I am:
      Cheeky

I'm Trader has a reputation beyond repute I'm Trader has a reputation beyond repute I'm Trader has a reputation beyond repute I'm Trader has a reputation beyond repute I'm Trader has a reputation beyond repute I'm Trader has a reputation beyond repute I'm Trader has a reputation beyond repute I'm Trader has a reputation beyond repute I'm Trader has a reputation beyond repute I'm Trader has a reputation beyond repute I'm Trader has a reputation beyond repute I'm Trader's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2171 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,134 Times in 1,762 Posts

Default What is legalized corruption?

I heard many time that to solve the problem of corruption in a country, the best solution is to legalize it. But my question is, what is it's actual meaning and how much the rate should be?
      If you can Dream it, You can do it
      Be Bold and Take Risk

2. Thanks under the first post will be ignored for the purpose of distribution of prizes
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Angelic

Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      555 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,301 Times in 568 Posts

Corruption is a menace any day any time. Corruption is an illegal and selfish act that is aim at satisfying ones desire at the expense of the good of others. But the fight against corruption has not yielded much result because those who are supposed to be fighting it are those condoling it. Now they are now making laws to shield themselves from prosecution indirectly legalizing corruption.
      Legalized corruption is a situation whereby the government of a nation is making laws to shield corrupt political leader or certain individuals from being prosecuted. Example was the case in Romania in 2017 where the government pass a bill into law exonerating political office holder from criminal charges which lead to wide spread protest by approximately 300,000 people. That is an indirect way of legalizing corruption. They also made a law that you can't press charges after six months a crime was committed if you fail to press charges at the initial time when the crime was committed.

4. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
      Forex in the blood
      I am:
      Inspired

DCO is just really nice DCO is just really nice DCO is just really nice DCO is just really nice DCO's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      135 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Corruption is the bane of these modern day society and has eaten deep into the fabric of the Society. Curbing corruption seems to be something that cannot be achieved most especially at this kind of time. Although corruption has been since time immemorial and will still be. Hence the idea of legalising corruption is to make it to stop being illegal. By legalising corruption actually benefits the government because instead of the officials in charge of a certain office to collect bribe from a person and earns the money to himself,the money rather goes to the government and adds to the development of the economy. Like every other person a person who practices corruption to speedily gets whatever he needs,pays hefty fee to speed up the process, undergoes the normal process and gets whatever he wants at the expense of his money. The hefty money he pays is however channeled to the governments purse.

6. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
      Banned
      I am:
      Fine

GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5700 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,928 Times in 2,143 Posts

Corruption is basically derived from the Latin word, A verb rumpere and it means to break. So according to this approach, corruption can only be refwerred to where the law is clearly broken. This requires that all laws must be precisely stated, Thus leaving no doubts about their meaning and no discretion to the public officials as well. A legal interpretation of corruption works to provide a clearly demarcated boundary between what is a corrupt activity and what is not. If an official’s act is prohibited by laws established by the government, Then it can be said that it is corrupt, Then if it is not prohibited, it is not corrupt even if it is abusive or unethical’ in the real sense.

8. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
      FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

Poshentity has a brilliant future Poshentity has a brilliant future Poshentity has a brilliant future Poshentity has a brilliant future Poshentity has a brilliant future Poshentity has a brilliant future Poshentity has a brilliant future Poshentity has a brilliant future Poshentity has a brilliant future Poshentity has a brilliant future Poshentity has a brilliant future Poshentity's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      659 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,134 Times in 1,072 Posts

Corruption is not a thing that any government will wish to witness because it has a lot of adverse effect on an economy. Corruption is a form of dishonesty or fraudulent activity which is done by an entity or a group of people that have been put in a position of authority. Corruptions are carried out so as to get an illicit benefits. We can simply say that corruption is an abuse of a public office for a selfish Interest and private gain. Legalizing corruption is not healthy but I believe some government entity can do that so as to have the freedom to carry out their illegal assignments and doings without prosecution. Legalizing corruption can be of the form that the government of a place will not put strict laws to prosecute offenders of some particular offenses due to the fact that they do are involved in that particular act that they are shielding other from been prosecuted on.

10. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Bored

donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      229 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,218 Times in 573 Posts

In the discourse between legal or illegal corruption, there's a very thin demarcation between what is and isn't. That line is your discretion. It depends on your point of view and which is applicable only at that point of time.
      A clear case of legalized corruption can be seen in an analogy to illegal corruption. For instance, let's say an individual is sick. Then he goes to the hospital and is attended to by a qualified physician. The physician knows quite well that it's not something major. The possibility of being something which could worsen is very low, and he decides to admit the patient unnecessarily and runs series of expensive tests. The physician can LEGALLY always say that the tests were a necessity, as in the literature of medical knowledge similar cases had a more malignant cause and he was doing his best to give the patient the best treatment and avoiding a possible disaster. He will hide behind the transparent screen of possibility of events which can never be proved beforehand. His medical education will definitely have told him the possibility and probability percentages well in advance to treat such case mildly; hence, that's legitimate corruption in all ramifications.

12. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      7075 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 5,182 Times in 2,247 Posts

Legalized Corruption :
      is a very good way to increase a country's financial resources and to decrease the corruption in several sectors and there is an example on that legalized corruption in my city in customs sector, where we have a free zone allow us to import clothes without paying any customs but we have to use these imported clothes within our city only but some people in other cities was paying big bribery to customs employee to allow them to smug these containers to their cities against paying big amount of money to them exceed $5,000, beside other costs such as transporting, reloading, ... etc and when the government discovered that, they created a new law allow any other city to transfer container imported in our free zone to their city against paying $10,000 to the government to take the container legally without any smuggling and this succeeded in the eliminating on the corruption in that sector because that amount equal to the cost of taking that container illegally and this helps in increasing the income in the country via this legalized corruption, so from that example we can understand well the meaning of legalized corruption .

14. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cool

Jerryparker has much to be proud of Jerryparker has much to be proud of Jerryparker has much to be proud of Jerryparker has much to be proud of Jerryparker has much to be proud of Jerryparker has much to be proud of Jerryparker has much to be proud of Jerryparker has much to be proud of Jerryparker's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      415 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,108 Times in 495 Posts

Corruption deal with impairing integrity, virtue, or moral principle, while legality deals with lawfulness. Though the freedom to make one's own judgements might be the thin line between legality and illegatity, i know there is nothing legal in corruption. This is because, corruption is seen or know to be against the law (moral, legislative and judicial). With this said, I will suppose the term legalised corruption to be making ruling that will permit what is seen to be corruption, in order to regulate them so it does not get out of hand. Like in the case of cultivation and sales of marijuana with the pretext of using it for medical purposes.

On the other hand, it could also means, carrying out corrupt practices with out breaking any laws known to a country, except for moral laws. For example, we all know that bribery is not right, but most countries pay lobbyists to help them influence decisions. The act of bribery and lobbying appears to be the same but in most cases in some country, lobbying isn't punished. Especially in the USA.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

oyebode will become famous soon enough oyebode will become famous soon enough oyebode's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      61 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

What is legalised corruption? To understand this perfectly what corruption is need to be known. Corruption is an act that contravenes the law of the land or constitution. This has been in existence from time immemorial and it has spread to the across the board that possibility of curbing it is slim. It was derived from Latin word rompere which means break. However, legalised corruption is a lawless act with the backings or support of constituted authority to escape the punishment such act deserved. For example a particular goods is banned by law to be imported or exported, but because of influence or affluence some are still doing so without been punished.

17. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade has a brilliant future dtvade's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2453 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,148 Times in 1,157 Posts

Every society or a country has rules and regulations that the citizens must abide with.This is the standard that make the society whole and this can be referred to (legally) as the constitution.At any point in time going against what is written is called corruption though in so many countries today the emphasis is more on stealing and the misappropriation of public funds and properties.Whichever way corruption is not acceptable in any society and it expected to be dealt with appropriately because there should be corresponding punishment for every offence at any point in time.When a stage comes when the corruption has become the order of the day such that any offender can go Scot-free at any time,it means that the corruption has become legalized

Reply to thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2