• Sleepy
  • Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread

Thread: How to Analyze Credit Bonds and Interest Rates?

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      Daring

Mario67 is a name known to all Mario67 is a name known to all Mario67 is a name known to all Mario67 is a name known to all Mario67 is a name known to all Mario67 is a name known to all Mario67's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      142 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default How to Analyze Credit Bonds and Interest Rates?

How to Analyze Credit Bonds and Interest Rates?

2. Thanks under the first post will be ignored for the purpose of distribution of prizes
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

mayo76544 has much to be proud of mayo76544 has much to be proud of mayo76544 has much to be proud of mayo76544 has much to be proud of mayo76544 has much to be proud of mayo76544 has much to be proud of mayo76544 has much to be proud of mayo76544 has much to be proud of mayo76544's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      268 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,669 Times in 555 Posts

The interest rate is the rate the central bank pays on deposits of commercial banks, whether an investment for one night or a month or more. This rate is an indication of interest rates at commercial banks which should not be less than the central bank rate. The interest rate also helps the central bank to control the money supply in circulation by changing this rate up and down in the medium term. Raising interest means curbing borrowing operations and thus reducing the liquidity ratio in the market leading to a reduction in inflation (high prices). The price varies depending on the duration, whether monthly or yearly, and the amount borrowed. Accordingly, the interest rate is determined by the agreement of the lender and the borrower and on the basis of supply and demand, because the increase in capital supply will decrease the interest rate and vice versa. In short, interest rates are the return on the investment of funds for a specific period of time in return for the lender to dispose of his money throughout the calculation of the return, which is often annual.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Angelic

Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz has much to be proud of Kenehiz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      326 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,100 Times in 485 Posts

A bond is an asset anyone will like to have because it has the ability to yield income for you all through your life time. Owing a bond can make good money for you for your retirement plan. There are two known risk attached to bond and one of them is interest rate. The relationship between interest rate and bond is that interest rate affects the price of bonds. Because of this effect interest rate have on bonds, investors in United State of American have decided to shift their attention to US Treasury bond. Investors believe that the bond is risk free because they believe that the US government is capable of giving returns to investors as when due when you invest on US Treasury bond. They believe that the government will never default in interest rate.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

usad333 will become famous soon enough usad333 will become famous soon enough usad333's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      9 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

treasury bonds. A bond's maturity and coupon rate generally affect how much its price will change as a result of changes in market interest rates. ... If market interest rates rise, then the price of the bond with the 2% coupon rate will fall more than that of the bond with the 4% coupon rate. When bond prices rise, yields fall, and vice versa. Hence, when fear rises and money flows into bonds, it pushes prices higher and yields lower. Therefore, when interest rates rise, bond prices fall, and bond investors, especially those who remain in bond funds, will feel some degree of pain. Interest rates and bond prices have an inverse relationship; so when one goes up, the other goes down. ... As market interest rates change, a bond's coupon rate—which, remember, is fixed—becomes more or less attractive to investors, who are therefore willing to pay more or less for the bond itself.

Reply to thread