• Sleepy
  • Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread

Thread: What is Calendar Spread Definition?

1. #1 Collapse Post
      My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

Oasweaz will become famous soon enough Oasweaz will become famous soon enough Oasweaz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      6 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Question What is Calendar Spread Definition?

What is Calendar Spread Definition?

2. Thanks under the first post will be ignored for the purpose of distribution of prizes
    3. #2 Collapse Post
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      Cheerful

Poshentity has a reputation beyond repute Poshentity has a reputation beyond repute Poshentity has a reputation beyond repute Poshentity has a reputation beyond repute Poshentity has a reputation beyond repute Poshentity has a reputation beyond repute Poshentity has a reputation beyond repute Poshentity has a reputation beyond repute Poshentity has a reputation beyond repute Poshentity has a reputation beyond repute Poshentity has a reputation beyond repute Poshentity's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1800 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,194 Times in 1,660 Posts

The term calendar spread is used mainly on options and futures. It is also referred to as the horizontal spread or the time spread. This spread system involves a situation whereby a trader makes a purchase and a sell of the same underlying asset at simultaneously at the same strike price but these assets will have different delivery months. In a simpler term the calendar spread involves a situation where the trader goes long on an asset I.e buys an asset and at the same time goes short on the same asset i.e sell the asset simultaneously with the asset have different expiry dates in the future or ootions market. The individual purchase made on the asset is referred to as the leg of the spread and they only vary when it comes the expiry date with other factors remain same which is they have the same strike price and they are the same assets.

4. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
    5. #3 Collapse Post
      FX Vampire
      I am:
      Cool

Damkidah has a brilliant future Damkidah has a brilliant future Damkidah has a brilliant future Damkidah has a brilliant future Damkidah has a brilliant future Damkidah has a brilliant future Damkidah has a brilliant future Damkidah has a brilliant future Damkidah has a brilliant future Damkidah has a brilliant future Damkidah has a brilliant future Damkidah's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1048 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,727 Times in 927 Posts

Of the many available ways through which the trade of financial securities and assets are done in the financial market, the calendar spread happens to be one of the trading technique or styles available. The calendar spread basically refers to the event where an investor or trader goes into mulitple buying or selling of financial instruments which have the same expiring date. In some cases, the whole process does not necessarily have to be a very particular date, but all of it could be within a certain period of time. This process is used by investors who wishes to reap the proceeds from their investment within a particular period of time in other to put it into other use or make more investment plans. The calendar spread trading style in some cases is reffered to as horizontal spread or even time spread.

6. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
    7. #4 Collapse Post
      MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

SirTiteb is a glorious beacon of light SirTiteb is a glorious beacon of light SirTiteb is a glorious beacon of light SirTiteb is a glorious beacon of light SirTiteb is a glorious beacon of light SirTiteb's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      89 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

A calendar spread†is a strategy involving buying longer term options and selling equal number of shorter term options of the same underlying stock or index with the same strike price.†It is established by simultaneously entering a long and short position on the same underlying asset at the same strike price but with different†delivery months. Since the goal is to profit from time and volatility, the strike price should be as near as possible to the underlying asset's price. A Long Calendar Spread is a low-risk, directionally neutral strategy that profits from the passage of time and/or an increase in implied volatility. Since the goal is to profit from time and volatility, the strike price should be as near as possible to the underlying asset's price.†

8. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
    9. #5 Collapse Post
      FX Super Hero
      I am:
      Angelic

Kenehiz has a brilliant future Kenehiz has a brilliant future Kenehiz has a brilliant future Kenehiz has a brilliant future Kenehiz has a brilliant future Kenehiz has a brilliant future Kenehiz has a brilliant future Kenehiz has a brilliant future Kenehiz has a brilliant future Kenehiz has a brilliant future Kenehiz has a brilliant future Kenehiz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      861 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,784 Times in 855 Posts

The calendar spread is a trading strategy use in financial market, options to be precise. This trading strategy involves the the buying of options together at the same time which will be expiring on a particular date and also selling the same options or instrument with another expiration date or time. This strategy is like using one stone to kill two birds at a time. Calendar spread can also be called horizontal spread or time spread. The trades taken are the same but what distinguishes them is the expiration date. The strike prices remain the same. What this strategy is really doing is to buy options that will be expiring in a long distant time while it sells the ones that will be expiring in short distant time.

10. For the posts posted after 27.06.19 the likes will be displayed after 27.08.19.
    11. #6 Collapse Post
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

binary2 is a name known to all binary2 is a name known to all binary2 is a name known to all binary2 is a name known to all binary2 is a name known to all binary2 is a name known to all binary2's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      256 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

A calendar spread is an alternatives or fates spread set up by all the while entering a long and short situation on the equivalent hidden resource at a similar hit cost yet with various conveyance months. It is some of the time alluded to as a between conveyance, intra-market, time, or even spread. The run of the mill choices exchange involves the closeout of an alternative (call or put) with a close term termination date and the synchronous acquisition of a choice (call or put) with a more drawn out term lapse. The two choices are of a similar kind and utilize a similar strike cost.Since the objective is to benefit from time and instability the strike cost ought to be as close as conceivable to the hidden resource's cost. The exchange exploits how close and since a long time ago dated choices act when time and instability change.

12. #7 Collapse Post
      My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      Innocent

ahmadgillani will become famous soon enough ahmadgillani's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Proper Definition of the calendar Spread is given below:
      "A calendar spread is a strategy involving buying longer term options and selling equal number of shorter term options of the same underlying stock or index with the same strike price. Calendar spreads can be done with calls or with puts, which are virtually equivalent if using same strikes and expiration."
      It is the strategy which is used to involve the buyers for the long time trading mean for long term and also include the sell of equal numbers of the short term or the short period trades of same stock or index which we are using with the same price, Calendar spreads done by using the calls or the puts which is the equivalent to each other, if we are using the same strikes and expatriation for the both types then they can use ATM strikes (at the money) which is used to trade at neutral and they can use OTM (out of the money)or ITM (in the money) strikes because the trade become the directional bias.

13. #8 Collapse Post
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Bored

donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247 has much to be proud of donimole247's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      241 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,270 Times in 600 Posts

A Calendar Spread is basically used to hedge the positions, it can be futures or Options (Call/Put). It involves options of the same underlying asset, the same strike price but with different expiration dates. You can either buy or sell the contract with same strike price but different expiry dates. A calendar spread can be implemented by simultaneously selling near-term expiration cycle calls and buying long-term expiration cycle calls.
      Calendar spread strategy can be used to take advantage of increase in the implied volatility of the options, thus increase in implied volatility will have positive impact on the strategy and decrease in implied volatility will have negative impact. So, a calendar spread is created to take advantage of the short-term time decay and the increase in implied volatility.

14. #9 Collapse Post
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1441 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 14,828 Times in 3,967 Posts

The calendar spread is the term that is basically attach to the derivative trading or option market, and this term is a charges that is places on trades, when an investor or trader open a long and a short term position simultaneously, meaning open the trade at the right time, on the same asset and at the same price.

The only difference is the delivery month and this is why it's known as short term and long term, meanwhile it's also called intra market.

This type of strategy is a bit similar to hedging, and the Maximum expected loss is the charges, which is also called the debit spread, the techniques requires some patience before it can generate expected profit.
      visit here 👇 for price action opportunities https://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php...rading-journal

Reply to thread