• Sleepy
  • Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread

Thread: WHAT IS DIFFERENT BETWEEN SELL STOP AND BUY STOP?

1. #1 Collapse Post
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

remi has much to be proud of remi has much to be proud of remi has much to be proud of remi has much to be proud of remi has much to be proud of remi has much to be proud of remi has much to be proud of remi has much to be proud of remi has much to be proud of remi's Avatar
      Accrued Payments
      113 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,232 Times in 530 Posts

Default WHAT IS DIFFERENT BETWEEN SELL STOP AND BUY STOP?

WHAT IS DIFFERENT BETWEEN SELL STOP AND BUY STOP?

2. Thanks under the first post will be ignored for the purpose of distribution of prizes
    3. #2 Collapse Post
      Forum Master
      I am:
      ----

dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade's Avatar
      Accrued Payments
      3702 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 5,223 Times in 2,876 Posts

In forex trading there are two major types of orders which are instant execution and pending orders.Instant execution gets executed at the market price while pending order is the type that is expected to be executes at he future price.
      A situation may arise when the trader is convinced that the current price is not the best price and the order has to be placed in the future price believing that the price will get there with the aim of maximizing profit and minimizing loss.
      There are different types of pending orders which are buy stop,buy limit,sell stop and sell limit.
      Buy stop has to with placing the order (buy) at a higher price while the sell stop has to with placing the order to sell at a lower future price

4. For the posts posted after 02.03.20 the likes will be displayed after 02.05.20.
    5. #3 Collapse Post
      My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      Cool

Hinajabeen has a spectacular aura about Hinajabeen has a spectacular aura about Hinajabeen has a spectacular aura about Hinajabeen's Avatar
      Accrued Payments
      27 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

SELL STOP AND BUY STOP ARE SO SIMPLE TERMS
      IF YOU HAVE PLACE AN ORDER OF BUY , THEN YOU CAN SET YOUR STOP SELL TO AVAOID MAXIMUM LOSS IN CASE MARKEET GOES AGAINST YOUR ORDER , SIMILERLY

6. For the posts posted after 02.03.20 the likes will be displayed after 02.05.20.
    7. #4 Collapse Post
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Flirty

Tehseen is a splendid one to behold Tehseen is a splendid one to behold Tehseen is a splendid one to behold Tehseen is a splendid one to behold Tehseen is a splendid one to behold Tehseen is a splendid one to behold Tehseen is a splendid one to behold Tehseen's Avatar
      Accrued Payments
      523 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

In forex, different trade orders are used to initiate trade positions. The thinking behind the use of different order types in forex is to enable the traders to take advantage of various market situations in order to get the best possible market deals. The names allocated to each trade order type as well as the procedure for placing such orders different from one trading platform type to another. For instance, the name of a particular forex order on the MT4 will not be the same as the same order when used on the ActFX turnkey platform. Of all trading platform types available in the market, the order placement nomenclature and procedure for the MT4 is the simplest and easiest to use and understand.

8. #5 Collapse Post
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Damkidah has a reputation beyond repute Damkidah has a reputation beyond repute Damkidah has a reputation beyond repute Damkidah has a reputation beyond repute Damkidah has a reputation beyond repute Damkidah has a reputation beyond repute Damkidah has a reputation beyond repute Damkidah has a reputation beyond repute Damkidah has a reputation beyond repute Damkidah has a reputation beyond repute Damkidah has a reputation beyond repute Damkidah's Avatar
      Accrued Payments
      1162 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,995 Times in 1,701 Posts

Buy stop and sell stop are both type of pending orders used in the forex market. Buy stop basically strikes as a price level with which a trader hopes to buy a particular financial currency when it hits that level. Sell stop on the other hand has to do with the price level where the market automatically executes a sell order for the trader once price reaches that position as initiated by the trader. The buy stop is an order which is placed above the current price of the financial currency in the market and it is expected that the market executes a buy function once it reaches that level. Here it is believed that once price hits that level, it would continue to go up. Sell stop on the other end is a trading order placed below the current market price, and it is expected that price of the financial currency continues to go down even after hitting that price level.

9. #6 Collapse Post
      MT5 Resident
      I am:
      ----

hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19 has a reputation beyond repute hayzee19's Avatar
      Accrued Payments
      1659 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 17,214 Times in 5,188 Posts

The sell stop and the buy stop are both a pending order or let's say a stop order. There is not massive different between both actually, except for the fact that they depict buying and selling, a buy stop simply means buy while a sell stop means sell.
      Buy stop is the order we give the market to buy a trade at a particular price above the current price, and the sell stop is also a command that the market should execute a a sell trade at a price below the current price. The pending order is usually used by traders who think they might not be available to take the trade when the price got to such a destination, in as much as it can be profitable to make use of pending order it can also be risky when me /we misuse it.
      visit here 👇 for price action opportunities https://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php...rading-journal

10. For the posts posted after 02.03.20 the likes will be displayed after 02.05.20.
    Reply to thread