Will work for pips
      I am:
      Amused

riskseeker is on a distinguished road riskseeker's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Lockdown diaries: online banking and shopping

The spotlight is flashed on online banking and online shopping in an otherwise unfortunate circumstance. In the first few months of the pandemic, we were all locked up in the confines of our houses with our loved ones. Rigid restrictions were imposed by governments to contain the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19. With that, vacation plans have been deferred, bill payments suspended, and operations of non-essential businesses closed. The things we usually enjoy in the outside world have to be done today in the comfort and safety of our homes.

We have been used to going to the grocery and department store to buy the products we want and need; brick-and-mortar bank to open an account or deposit money; hotels for a staycation; and resorts for quick getaways. Although online banking and e-commerce sites are in existence for a long time, such digital platforms have become more necessary and relevant in our lives. We have noticed a significant increase in the usage of online banking and online shopping services since the COVID-19 lockdown.

Despite the convenience brought by this type of technology, there are instances I still prefer paying any bills or dues in person, usually at the nearest physical branch in my area, for the payment to be credited immediately. Also, I do not want to pay a convenience fee when settling bills with any payment merchant. But I am now forced to embrace digital payments because of the global health crisis. For the items I have to purchase, I have no alternative but to get them in a virtual market.

My mother had asked me to settle our electricity bill for the previous month. Since the payment failed to get through a payment facility, I ended up paying the bill via the utility companyís online application. That transaction cost us nearly one dollar on top of the total cost of that periodís power consumption.

I did not mind at all because I know for a fact the charge levied by the power distributor does not go to their coffers but through its payment gateway partners. It is not also included in the billing statements we receive monthly from that company. Yet that particular fee, coupled with the bill shock due to higher electricity charge, irked the majority of its customers and even legislators. The power service provider, after facing backlash to and fro, eventually decided to shoulder the convenience fee and refund the same to customers who have paid that fee for the duration of the coronavirus quarantine.

In the case of virtual shopping, I somehow detest the need to pay the delivery fee though the charge is considered a small amount of money. You can only rely on reviews ó and reviews alone ó to figure out whether or not the item is good as advertised. Iíve shopped for certain items in the past. Not to mention the seller might be a bogus vendor. Who knows? Most of the time, Iím pretty pleased with my overall shopping experience, save for the times I returned an item since the merchant did not get my order right.

We bought several items on various online shopping websites. Items added to the cart were two bedsheets made of polyester with a bit of cotton, a griller, a tempered glass, a dutch oven, and toys. Iím satisfied with the recent purchases we made as the products are well packaged and in good condition.

With the current situation we are all in, it appears we can do anything in with our fingertips as long as we have a reliable smartphone and internet connection. Letís face it: online banking and shopping are now part of the new normal. It has come in our midst. It is inevitable. Amid security issues (talk about cybersecurity), thereís no stopping them at this point. Even senior citizens are transitioning to online transactions. Besides, we need an added layer of protection against the virus, right? Better be safe than sorry.

For now, you can content ourselves with digital bill payments and virtual window shopping. Remember to practice mindful spending and be frugal. Just because you are bored and stuck at home does not mean you can splurge and make your pockets work. After all, the pandemic is far from over and we need all the available emergency buffers to get through the most challenging days.

I sincerely hope we emerge stronger and healthier than ever once everything returns to normalcy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to riskseeker For This Useful Post:

Kabol (06-01-2020)

3. #2 Collapse Post
      Forum Master
      I am:
      ----

dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade has a reputation beyond repute dtvade's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3991 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,552 Times in 3,471 Posts

The lockdown that has taken place all over the world as a result of COVID-!( has brought a lot of things to light.The people cannot move freely as it used to be and there remains the need for shopping and banking at the same time.As a result of this like never before there came a very sharp increase in the areas of online shopping and online banking.the awareness for these two services has grown beyond anyone's imagination and the effective participation in it.This actually goes with a lot of advantages and at the same time disadvantages

Advantages
      a.It has encouraged the reality of the world being a global village
      b.It has led to increased awareness of online banking and online shopping

Disadvantages
      a.There is a need for handling the cyber crimes and all manners of fraudulent activities

4. #3 Collapse Post
      MT5 Rookie
      I am:
      ----

Kabol is an unknown quantity at this point Kabol's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riskseeker     

The spotlight is flashed on online banking and online shopping in an otherwise unfortunate circumstance. In the first few months of the pandemic, we were all locked up in the confines of our houses with our loved ones. Rigid restrictions were imposed by governments to contain the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19. With that, vacation plans have been deferred, bill payments suspended, and operations of non-essential businesses closed. The things we usually enjoy in the outside world have to be done today in the comfort and safety of our homes.

We have been used to going to the grocery and department store to buy the products we want and need; brick-and-mortar bank to open an account or deposit money; hotels for a staycation; and resorts for quick getaways. Although online banking and e-commerce sites are in existence for a long time, such digital platforms have become more necessary and relevant in our lives. We have noticed a significant increase in the usage of online banking and online shopping services since the COVID-19 lockdown.

Despite the convenience brought by this type of technology, there are instances I still prefer paying any bills or dues in person, usually at the nearest physical branch in my area, for the payment to be credited immediately. Also, I do not want to pay a convenience fee when settling bills with any payment merchant. But I am now forced to embrace digital payments because of the global health crisis. For the items I have to purchase, I have no alternative but to get them in a virtual market.

My mother had asked me to settle our electricity bill for the previous month. Since the payment failed to get through a payment facility, I ended up paying the bill via the utility companyís online application. That transaction cost us nearly one dollar on top of the total cost of that periodís power consumption.

I did not mind at all because I know for a fact the charge levied by the power distributor does not go to their coffers but through its payment gateway partners. It is not also included in the billing statements we receive monthly from that company. Yet that particular fee, coupled with the bill shock due to higher electricity charge, irked the majority of its customers and even legislators. The power service provider, after facing backlash to and fro, eventually decided to shoulder the convenience fee and refund the same to customers who have paid that fee for the duration of the coronavirus quarantine.

In the case of virtual shopping, I somehow detest the need to pay the delivery fee though the charge is considered a small amount of money. You can only rely on reviews ó and reviews alone ó to figure out whether or not the item is good as advertised. Iíve shopped for certain items in the past. Not to mention the seller might be a bogus vendor. Who knows? Most of the time, Iím pretty pleased with my overall shopping experience, save for the times I returned an item since the merchant did not get my order right.

We bought several items on various online shopping websites. Items added to the cart were two bedsheets made of polyester with a bit of cotton, a griller, a tempered glass, a dutch oven, and toys. Iím satisfied with the recent purchases we made as the products are well packaged and in good condition.

With the current situation we are all in, it appears we can do anything in with our fingertips as long as we have a reliable smartphone and internet connection. Letís face it: online banking and shopping are now part of the new normal. It has come in our midst. It is inevitable. Amid security issues (talk about cybersecurity), thereís no stopping them at this point. Even senior citizens are transitioning to online transactions. Besides, we need an added layer of protection against the virus, right? Better be safe than sorry.

For now, you can content ourselves with digital bill payments and virtual window shopping. Remember to practice mindful spending and be frugal. Just because you are bored and stuck at home does not mean you can splurge and make your pockets work. After all, the pandemic is far from over and we need all the available emergency buffers to get through the most challenging days.

I sincerely hope we emerge stronger and healthier than ever once everything returns to normalcy.
      Lockdown diaries: the everyday voices of the coronavirus pandemic ... like songs, poems, shopping lists, dream logs and ...

Reply to thread