"Should I Be an Insurance Agent?"
- If you are reading this, then I bet that you have asked this question. Because of this, I am here to help you in making decisions that could help you decide what you would do in the future!
Insurance is something that everyone seems to need. It can surely benefit any person as it could be used to address crtical illnesses, businesses, property and life itself. Because of this, insurance companies continuously thrive and survive in the industry. But have you ever thought of becoming an insurance agent?
If you are planning to sell insurance in any form (whether it is a non-life or life insurance), I believe that you should at leas understand what you are going to be doing once you are in the industry as sales is definitely not for everyone.
Here's a List of Checklists that you could use to check if you should join the wonderful Insurance Industry! I hope that it helps whoever is reading this.
- Check if you have these personality traits and characteristics :
- Before starting your journey in the insurance industry, be aware that you would be selling a lot of products. Insurance is not just a one time product, but something that you should constantly learn. If you have the patience and time to attend meetings and lectures on how insurance products are computed and how they work, then you have passed the first step!
- Many people try new things and honestly, there is nothing bad about it. It is definitely fun to try things out and you may be considering sales as a life path, but one trait that you should develop is consistency as you would have multiple schedules to follow. Although most people think that insurance agents and sales managers have things easy as they only "sell stuff", it is not actually as easy as it seems as daily or weekly trainings on terms, products, and government imposed changes would sometimes take hours to learn. (In addition, it never really ends!)
3. Love for Learning
- If you are the type of person who loves to learn, then the career of an insurance sales agent may be for you! Insurance agents need to continuously learn about people and what they need so that they could craft products to sell. They need to love learning about people and business so that they could thrive in the industry. If you are not someone teachable, I do not advise this job for you. If you love helping others and pitching new ideas though, then go for the insurance agent job!
- Check if you have these skills before starting :
1. Communication Skills
- With the word "sales" attached in the definition of an "agent", I bellieve that anyone would have noticed or at least had an idea that selling requires communication skills. People who want to join the insurance agent force should have the willingness to constantly improve their sales skills and talk to people everyday. Extroverts would most likely thrive in this field. If you are an introvert, you can also learn how to sell or communicate after a few trainings, live practices, and motivational books!
2. Math Skills
- If you hate math and computations with a passion, the insurance agent job is definitely not for you, but if you have at least a little love for it, you will survive. Insurance agents deal with their clients' money. They financially advice them in budgeting their money and their risks. Because of this, an agent should present numbers and values that would benefit their clients to help them understand the products that they are buying.
- In addition, you also need to be able to compute your commissions so math skills are definitely needed for this job.
3. Documentation Skills
- Remember, selling insurance products come with documents as you would be handling contracts that are considered assets to whoever your client would be. As an insurance agent, you would be the middle person handling the deal between a client and a company. With this in mind, you must be willing to learn how to underwrite in the field and take care of the data given to you.
After reading all this, I believe that you are considering your current status and comparing it to whatever you are reading right now. But if you do not like the results, I believe that you should gather more information and ask the insurance agents you know about how they have been tackling their industry or at least ask them what they do in their daily lives to have more information as to what you would be doing in the future. If you do not have the skills and characteristics above, I believe that it could be learned though if you have the perseverance and the willingness to do whatever is written above. I wish you the best in your future endeavors!
What do you think? Did you get a check in all the requirements above?
- If you did, then congratualtions! You should definitely join the Insurance Agent Industry!
In the real sense of it, everyone needs insurance because of the immense benefits that go along with it.It is insurance that helps one in having secured future in case of emergency which could be in terms of retirement,health,accident and so on and so forth.Insurance in the real sense when it is viewed from the angle of investment it is not profitable and this is a challenge.
It is a bit difficult to encourage people to buy insurance,it takes a lot of persuasion and this is what happens in every society and for this becoming an insurance agents is a great task.It is a good one but one should be the type that is patient,skillful,knowledgeable in terms of the business and have the ability to convince people of the needs for the insurance
As long as one is convinced that is ready for the challenge then it is alright to go ahead and become an agent
An insurance agent is an individual who works for an insurance organization and sells the insurance products of this organization. A critical part of working with an insurance agent is that the person sells insurance products of one organization only, and hence is usually not able and not liable to juxtapose prices and attributes of other products on the market. An insurance agent is not the same as insurance broker (or simply brokers) who are usually able to juxtapose products from different insurance companies. Usually, an insurance agent is paid by the insurance organization, and the person can also be paid commission or bonus based on how much products are sold. Most times, an agent will be interested in selling more products from the same organization. There are other agents called independent agents who work with different insurance companies that sells related products.
Forex Forum mt5.com – Introduction.
Forex market is high-yield and risky
mean of taking profit by operations with the currency rates. Instruments
of work at Forex market in many ways determine the result of currency
trading made by Forex market participants – brokers’ clients. Every
Forex broker offers its own terminal, however the most part of brokers
and traders concur in choosing MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 terminals.
This forum is created for those who prefer the terminal of MetaTrader
series in trading on Forex.
Forex Forum mt5.com – trade discussion.
Forex market forecasts, independent
opinions of novice traders and experts of the currency market – all
this you will find at the Forex-forum of trades discussion. Solid experience
of work on Forex is preferable, but all comers including Forex-newbies
may come and share their opinion as well. Mutual help and dialog –
the main goal of communication at Forex-forum, devoted to trading.
Forex Forum mt5.com – dialog with
brokers and traders (about brokers).
If you have negative or positive experience
of work with Forex broker – share it at Forex Forum, related to the
questions of Forex service quality. You can leave a comment about your
broker telling about advantages or drawbacks of work at Forex with it.
The aggregate traders’ reviews of brokers constitute a rating. In
this rating you can see the leaders and outsiders of the Forex services
Free discussions at the Forex Forum
You are a trader and want to relax?
Then Forex Forum for free discussions is for you. There are no doubts
that conversation on subjects close to Forex market is preferential.
Here you will find jokes about traders, caricature of Forex brokers
and full-rate Forex off top.
Bonuses for communication at Forex
This forum is created by traders for
traders and is meant for deriving of profit. However, each post at the
Forex forum gives its author a forex bonus, which can be used in Forex trading
at the account opened with one of the forum’s sponsors. This small
gift is presented with the aim to reward professional traders for spent
time at our forum.
We appreciate your choice of Forex
forum mt5.com as a platform for communication.