Reply to thread

Thread: Laptop Buying Guide

1. #1 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    MT5 Rookie
    I am:
    ----

markwendell is an unknown quantity at this point markwendell's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    210 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0

Default Laptop Buying Guide

Planning to buy a new laptop? What, you are not knowledgeable enough about laptops and things to consider before you buy? Do not worry, we have got you covered. During this pandemic, especially in countries where they are going to open online classes soon, students need gadgets to use for their studies and the most optimal electronic you can use is a PC or a laptop, but a PC is pretty much more expensive than a laptop, and it is not portable so most of them go with a laptop which is considerably more affordable and easy to carry.

Buying a new laptop is kind of hard especially to people who does not know any of the specs they need for their work or for whatever they need it for. It can also be confusing for people who knows about little about the gadget because different manufacturers offer laptops with the same specs and hardware at a slightly similar price range.

Image from: https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/py...ok-1200-80.jpg

Some people research online but they still get confused because of information overload. What people really want or need is a Laptop Buying Guide. Here, we will break down for you the things you have to consider, the electronics components: hardware and software, and what specs are overkill for you or if it is just what you need. You see, technology is improving every single day and so are laptops. Manufacturers equip their latest laptops with the latest technology to make them advance, you will see them in the internet, you might have searched for it, but you really do not need any of those as many laptops nowadays can cater to your needs whatever specs they have. Now, let us get down to it:

Processor/CPU

The CPU or the Central Processing Unit is what most buyers consider when looking for a laptop. Processers is the powerhouse of your system, it dictates whether your computer can do a certain task at a certain speed. The more powerful the processer, the faster and smoother your system can do a task and of course the added features that come with it. The two major brands of processers in the market are the AMD and Intel. Intel has its reputation for a more advanced processer and of course it is more expensive than the other one. But communities also debated that AMD is far better when it comes to gaming for they are more consistent and smooth. We recommend an Intel-i7 or AMD Ryzen 5 if you want a fast-processing system.

Budget

For some this is the first thing they go for before anything else. Most laptop buyers have a limited budget or a price range they are looking for. When they are looking for laptops in a store they would often look at the price then at the specs. We think that this is the biggest factor that can affect a buyer. So before buying a laptop, get a clear view of what specs you want or you need, get the average price range of those, then if you still have time, save money or earn money until you have what you need to buy. But of course, the more decent the laptop, the more expensive it is. If you have a limited budget, you can go look for a laptop with decent specs at a low price. Most manufacturers offer that or you can also go look for a second hand one for they offer it a lower price than its original.

Storage or Hard Drive

See also: Explore the infinite possibilities of online trading with a reliable broker. Join now!

Laptops come with its own storage where you can store different files such as videos, documents, pictures, music, movies, and etc. Software also rely on the storage for they also have sizes. Most inexpensive laptops comes with a 320 GB storage, but of course most laptops comes with an extra slot for another hard drive so you can increase the storage of your unit if you buy another one, you can opt for a 500 GB or 1 TB. You have to main classifications of hard drives: Hard Disk Drive and Solid State Drive. The difference of the two is the speed in which they can open a software or system. The most famous and optimal one is the SSD but as always it is more expensive, you can mostly see this in high-end laptops.

RAM or Random Access Memory

You can often hear this when you are buying a laptop, How much RAM is in it?. You see, RAM defines how many tasks it can perform at the same time and the speed in which it can do all of them. Nowadays, it is recommended to have a RAM of at least 8 GB, back then it was only 4 GB but applications update and they tend to take up more RAM than usual so opting for an 8 GB one is safer. Most laptops you will see a built in 4 GB RAM but you can always upgrade them for they have an extra slot for RAM on your hardware.

RAM size is not the only factor you should be looking into, you should also look for the RAM type. The latest one is DDR4 but they are mostly seen on high-end laptops, but getting a DDR3 often seals it. Dont opt for a DDR2, most software nowadays cant handle that type and it has a lower frequency.

Design

For most buyers, laptop design isnt really a big deal but for some it is. You want a laptop to have a good design, you know, for bragging purposes but you also want it to be highly portable. It is hard to carry a laptop that is heavy or is thick, it is a hassle and none of us want that. You might want a laptop that is slim and low in weight so as you can fit it in your bag or in your case and carry it anywhere. Do not worry, when you buy a laptop most sellers will showcase it all to you, most.

Some laptops today also have removal screens which then you can switch it into a tablet. Of course this is highly convenient but also, extremely expensive.

Screen Size and Its Type

You also might want to consider the screen size of your laptop. Laptops come in different screen sizes and types. If you are a movie watcher or a gamer you might to buy a 17 inch screen, but if you are just doing office work and the like, 14.1 inch or 15.6 ought to be enough. You can also consider looking for one with an HD screen to enjoy the full experience when watching a movie, there are also anti-glare and anti-reflection features that you can put on to your laptop like a coating. Of course, this costs extra money. Some expensive laptops also features a touchscreen feature so you can navigate through your screen with ease.

Battery

See also: Earn with no risks involved and no deposit required right now!

Battery isnt that important to be honest because modern laptops has a plugged in feature much like a Personal Computer, which makes it safe even if it is plugged in with a full battery. But if you need your laptop elsewhere where there is no plug or electricity, then you might want to consider a decent battery life. Most low priced laptops come with 6-cell battery life.

GPU or Graphics Processing Unit

Much like the Processer, the GPU takes care of the graphics of the system. Again, if you are a gamer or loves to watch movies in HD, buying a laptop with a high-end GPU will surely give your unit a boost in terms of graphics. It sure is nice to work in a system where you can see everything in HD or it is nice to play a game where you can see all the unique details. Most GPUs nowadays are integrated but they are not as powerful as the others. If you want that edge in graphics, go for units like NVidia or AMD.

Brands

Laptop brands are always a factor. You always want to buy a laptop of a the leading manufacturers for they are certified and proven. Some of the best brands are Apple, Dell, Lenovo, HP, Asus, Microsoft, etc. You can also search online on which brands makes the best laptop, you can also consider customer reviews.

Operating System

The OS of your laptop defines the design that your laptops software will be in, it also comes along with features that is unique to that system. It sometimes depend on the persons preference, the most famous OS are the Mac OS series and the Windows Series with Windows 10 being the latest. Mac OS is unfortunately only available in Apple Laptops.

Tweak Your Budget

If your desired laptop didnt come close to your available budget you can always opt for a less expensive one. Remember that the price is always dependent on the features it have, if a less expensive one is all you need, you might want to go for that one. But of course, the higher the price, the better the laptop. Basic features that you might want to look into are the Wi-Fi, Web Cam, Keyboard Type and Bluetooth.

See also: Invest in the most successful traders. More details.

After-Sales Service or Warrants

Last and foremost, the warranty of your laptop. This is an important factor for you to consider, when you buy a laptop, ask for any warranty or if there is any available after-sales service. The best known brand for its after-sales service is HP. Other brands also offer this but also check if they have any service centers in your city. You dont want to travel that far for your laptop, right?

These are just some tips for those who are confused or looking into buying one. Always remember to follow your heart and buy the right one for you.

Image from: https://www.moneycrashers.com/wp-con...30-cropped.jpg

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

2. 1 user say Thank You to markwendell for this useful post.
  3. #2 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Where am I?
    I am:
    ----

Delcardo4 is an unknown quantity at this point Delcardo4's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    This post is sponsored by a content payout program available to anyone to participate.
    Great thread so far. It looks really helpful for the people who are going to buy a new laptop for them. The brand you are talking about is good enough. But for me, I have different requirements and choices. I need a gaming laptop for myself. Because I love to play gaming online. Most of them I play games. So my requirements are a little bit different. I need a powerful one to play the games like GTA. I started reading articles online how to buy a gaming laptop and found a few sources. Here is one of the source I recently read https://thecursedcrusade.com/gaming-...-buying-guide/ It looks better and discussed about some good points. Do you think this information is enough? I will wait for your reply.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

4. 0 user say Thank You to Delcardo4 for this useful post.
  5. #3 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Where am I?
    I am:
    ----

Marquett89 is an unknown quantity at this point Marquett89's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    This post is sponsored by a content payout program available to anyone to participate.
    Sometime buying any laptop could not be easy or its not worth search more from one website to another. So I would suggest you to go on only one website here https://productz.com/en/laptops/c/257 where you can get all the ideas, price and specification options. even you will find every brand of laptop here which could help you out.

6. 0 user say Thank You to Marquett89 for this useful post.
Reply to thread