ďFood is lifeĒ. From what is happening in the world, maybe this is the motto of many of us who wants to taste all the delicious food around the world before it ends, next to YOLO or ďYou Only Live Once. So, eat all you can, eat all the food you can find because you can never taste it after death.
In the groceries, and stores where we buy our food from, we often ignore the back of the pack foods as many of us is not that curious on how the companies or factories made these foods, well, at some point we are curious how and what these instant foods made of but we are either too busy or too lazy to do some research. So thankfully, there are researchers, bloggers, and vloggers who spend their time revealing some dirty secrets.
In the restaurants and fast foods, itís embarrassing to ask where or how they made the food they serve, right? You will feel ashamed to say that maybe this food is not that clean as we see and not that clean as we think. The more it tastes, the most disgusting the ingredients are. So letís take a minute to look at the back of the packs and see what are the unpronounceable ingredients the company has put on our favorite food.
1. Bubble gumBefore, the main ingredient used in bubble gum are sap came from the tree name ĎChicleí, but the problem is, chic acid extraction is not enough for large companies, so scientists have come up with and invented another substitute for bubble gum. It is called Synthetic, which simply means RUBBER and PLASTIC. They put flavor and food color to make it attractive, which is the reason why the taste of a bubble gum wonít last long.2. BreadHave you ever thought in your life why and how bread is soft and can last days before it expires? If you are going to look in the back of the pack of the bread that you usually saw on groceries, you will see the L-CYSTEINE, which found naturally in the human body, especially in the HAIR. It is a semi-essential amino acid that used in dough conditioners to soften the bread and make its bread life a little longer.
3. Potato ChipsNo doubt that our favorite snack is potato chips because you can buy it everywhere and you can carry it anywhere, but have you inspect the ingredients and think how a potato became a chip and why it can last longer? Sodium Bisulfite or Sodium Bisulphite is why potato chips can last long and not because of salt. Sodium Bisulfite is also used to shine your bathroom bowls. Have you seen videos of vloggers who lights up potato chips or any kind of chips? That is because of sodium bisulfite and that is the reason why the New Jersey Department of Health said that this chemical contains a very harmful gas and can cause serious damage to the skin if contact directly.
4. Strawberry flavored foods/red foodsIf you love to eat red foods, then you should know where the colors they use in foods come from. Did you know that RED food coloring comes from a red insect called Cochineal bugs/beetles? But you donít have to worry because it is safer than chemicals; itís just disgusting to think that we like red candies or strawberry-flavored food but the color actually comes from an insect.
5. NutellaWho doesnít love Nutella? We all love Nutella so I wonít bring some disappointment to you about its ingredients, let me just give you a warning. The first ingredient of our favorite chocolate spread is SUGAR, thatís why we love it because itís sweet. But if you can consume a whole jar, you might want to slow down because we all know that too much sugar can cause diabetes. Another ingredient is PALM OIL which contains so much saturated fat that causes heart diseases and cancer.
6. ChocolatesMost of us love to eat chocolates and the one ingredient on this one will surely break our heart. It actually contains a RAT HAIR and FDA allows one rat hair per 100 grams of Chocolate, that might be the reason some chocolates have this strange good taste.Since FDA has been mentioned, they also allow the list below to be put on our food.
ē Mammals poop
ē Cigarette Butts
7. Vanilla SyrupIf you look at the back of the bottle or pack, you will see the ďOrganic Natural FlavourĒ which means it came directly from the plant or beaver. Beaver castor Glands is located near beaverís rectum thatís releases castoreum that mixed to food to give more taste.
Maybe you are aware that hotdogs are made from meat right? But do you know which part? It came from Pigís MOUTH, TONGUE, NOSE, and BUTT, yes! Because who would buy these parts at the grocery store? Can you make a delicious dish from these parts? I bet you canít so they are just being a genius to think ways on how to not waste any part of the meat.
In reality, we are aware that we are living with processed foods that may contain chemical, thatís why we are amazed when we find a human whose living for 100 years because it's considered rare nowadays. Our environment is becoming modern and we are being practical to see what we can do to produce food from our surroundings, modern survival. Still, I thank scientists because you wonít taste the above list, instead, they made our food tastier and they hide it from naming it words that are difficult to pronounce.
Now, I donít want you to sue the companies or factories that put it in our food, and I also donít want you to eat so you wonít have chemicals in your body, vegetables contain chemicals too to have more life because itís a waste if they donít put chemicals on it, the foods will be easily destroyed and the environment around us will be rotten because of the waste foods. What we can do is limit our delicious food and fast foods or restaurant and make your own food.