Reply to thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Thread: Singapore's economy is at its peak in history

1. #11 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    My charts talk to me!
    I am:
    ----

Oriana has a spectacular aura about Oriana has a spectacular aura about Oriana's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    43 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinara     
    Yeah you are right. Even I heard similar news on TV. I think it has already started flights to and from Dubai with some restrictions. As both Dubai and Singapore are major transit hub for passengers travelling between the East and West, it will help Singapore slowly when the air lines start their recovery. Alternatively, Singapore will also have to rely on other economic areas rather than being completely reliant on tourism alone.
    The problem is not if they have started the flights or not, its about the number of flights and the passengers flying in and out of Singapore. Also the problem has to do with the restrictions in place there so everyone who visits the country has to be extra careful and this discourages tourism because people are afraid and uncertain as to when the flights might stop again. This lack of confidence is hurting the tourism industry globally.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

2. #12 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    MT5 Addict
    I am:
    ----

Earie will become famous soon enough Earie's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriana     
    The problem is not if they have started the flights or not, its about the number of flights and the passengers flying in and out of Singapore. Also the problem has to do with the restrictions in place there so everyone who visits the country has to be extra careful and this discourages tourism because people are afraid and uncertain as to when the flights might stop again. This lack of confidence is hurting the tourism industry globally.
    Exactly. I think as far as these restrictions are in place in whatever country, the tourism industry there will suffer massively. It's very hard to have people coming in and enjoying with all the COVID related restrictions like limited flights with exorbitant fares (discouraging tourists), then local restrictions and then uncertainties associated with sudden border closures. All this will improve once the vaccines are properly rolled out and we actually start to see some normalcy.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

3. #13 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    My charts talk to me!
    I am:
    ----

Greta will become famous soon enough Greta's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Earie     
    Exactly. I think as far as these restrictions are in place in whatever country, the tourism industry there will suffer massively. It's very hard to have people coming in and enjoying with all the COVID related restrictions like limited flights with exorbitant fares (discouraging tourists), then local restrictions and then uncertainties associated with sudden border closures. All this will improve once the vaccines are properly rolled out and we actually start to see some normalcy.
    Yeah I had my family recently visit Dubai and they told me that its nothing normal. They had to get negative test results before boarding, then at arrival at the airport to confirm they weren't infected, then stay in hotel/your accommodation for 24 hours till the results were out before you could go anywhere and then while returning back, another COVID test. This adds extra hassle and discourages tourism. I think Singapore will be same.

4. #14 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    MT5 Addict
    I am:
    ----

Caprice is a glorious beacon of light Caprice is a glorious beacon of light Caprice is a glorious beacon of light Caprice is a glorious beacon of light Caprice is a glorious beacon of light Caprice's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Greta     
    Yeah I had my family recently visit Dubai and they told me that its nothing normal. They had to get negative test results before boarding, then at arrival at the airport to confirm they weren't infected, then stay in hotel/your accommodation for 24 hours till the results were out before you could go anywhere and then while returning back, another COVID test. This adds extra hassle and discourages tourism. I think Singapore will be same.
    Absolutely correct. That's what I believe too because all these hurdles discourage tourism and people think they can wait a little till things get better and then travel when these restrictions are over. But there is not clear end date to COVID restrictions. On the flip side, its hurting countries like Singapore which rely heavily on International Tourism as their main source of income.

5. #15 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    MT5 Addict
    I am:
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprice     
    Absolutely correct. That's what I believe too because all these hurdles discourage tourism and people think they can wait a little till things get better and then travel when these restrictions are over. But there is not clear end date to COVID restrictions. On the flip side, its hurting countries like Singapore which rely heavily on International Tourism as their main source of income.
    Yeah you are right. I have seen so many of my friends cancel their recent trips to Singapore as they were worried that after spending and booking everything, their flights might get cancelled or they might not get a negative test result within the last 24 hours and become unable to board the flight. All of their money will get wasted so they changed their plans. COVID is really hurting tourism.

6. #16 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    MT5 Addict
    I am:
    ----

Caprice is a glorious beacon of light Caprice is a glorious beacon of light Caprice is a glorious beacon of light Caprice is a glorious beacon of light Caprice is a glorious beacon of light Caprice's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Yeah you are right. I have seen so many of my friends cancel their recent trips to Singapore as they were worried that after spending and booking everything, their flights might get cancelled or they might not get a negative test result within the last 24 hours and become unable to board the flight. All of their money will get wasted so they changed their plans. COVID is really hurting tourism.
    Yeah, with all the uncertainty looming around, its very hard to even plan anything properly. Even if you follow the complete procedure and do your tests, the flights can get cancelled last minute as well. There was some news of Singapore making a quarantine free travel bubble with countries like New Zealand, Australia and Japan where there were little to no cases but that plan hasn't even moved far. Once that is implemented, tourism industry in Singapore will at least recover to a particular extent.

7. #17 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    MT5 Addict
    I am:
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Yeah, with all the uncertainty looming around, its very hard to even plan anything properly. Even if you follow the complete procedure and do your tests, the flights can get cancelled last minute as well. There was some news of Singapore making a quarantine free travel bubble with countries like New Zealand, Australia and Japan where there were little to no cases but that plan hasn't even moved far. Once that is implemented, tourism industry in Singapore will at least recover to a particular extent.
    I think that plan might come into real practice as the cases are lower among these countries you have mentioned. Also with the latest COVID vaccination drive about to start this month, it will be possible to see this plan becoming a reality in near future. It will help boost Singapore's tourism dependent economy to a particular level, though not as much as it was before the pandemic hit.

8. #18 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    MT5 Addict
    I am:
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    I think that plan might come into real practice as the cases are lower among these countries you have mentioned. Also with the latest COVID vaccination drive about to start this month, it will be possible to see this plan becoming a reality in near future. It will help boost Singapore's tourism dependent economy to a particular level, though not as much as it was before the pandemic hit.
    Yeah, I was reading that on one of the travel news websites which was claiming that Australia, Singapore, New Zealand and Japan might initially plan the travel bubbles where citizens of these countries will be allowed to travel without quarantine. Of course it will depend upon the type of vaccination being used in these countries, how effective their COVID response is but it is likely to help improve tourism in all of these countries.

9. #19 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    My charts talk to me!
    I am:
    ----

Dinara will become famous soon enough Dinara's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Yeah, I was reading that on one of the travel news websites which was claiming that Australia, Singapore, New Zealand and Japan might initially plan the travel bubbles where citizens of these countries will be allowed to travel without quarantine. Of course it will depend upon the type of vaccination being used in these countries, how effective their COVID response is but it is likely to help improve tourism in all of these countries.
    Anything like that will help Singapore's economy which is highly reliant on International Tourists. I think the entire tourism industry, particularly all the airlines had a significant hit due to the ongoing COVID pandemic. Many airlines filed for bankruptcy or asked for financial support from the Governments across the world. Singapore hotels will also be facing a major revenue loss due to shortage of regular tourists.

10. #20 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    My charts talk to me!
    I am:
    ----

Oriana has a spectacular aura about Oriana has a spectacular aura about Oriana's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    43 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinara     
    Anything like that will help Singapore's economy which is highly reliant on International Tourists. I think the entire tourism industry, particularly all the airlines had a significant hit due to the ongoing COVID pandemic. Many airlines filed for bankruptcy or asked for financial support from the Governments across the world. Singapore hotels will also be facing a major revenue loss due to shortage of regular tourists.
    Yeah other airlines in South East Asia took a major hit to their finances due to COVID and reduction in the number of passengers. Thai Airways for example had to go into administration due to the losses sustained because of the COVID. Well known airlines also took hits to their revenue but somehow managed to survive. Singapore airlines is also an example of a major airline which made it through.

Reply to thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4