to get StartUp Bonus
from InstaForex
No investments required!
GET BONUS
55%
from InstaForex
on every deposit
Reply to thread

Thread: How to Avoid Cramming for Examinations?

1. #1 Collapse Post
    MT5 Rookie
    I am:

yoshin will become famous soon enough yoshin's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed: 0

Default How to Avoid Cramming for Examinations?

Cramming, defined as a process where in someone attempts to be able to absorb a lot of information and knowledge in a short span of time. It is done by forcing oneself to digest the information and necessary materials needed to memorize these especially common before an examination. Cramming is a strategy which can be commonly seen with students who are attempting to review and learn the information very quickly for their examinations.

TIPS AND SOLUTIONS TO AVOID CRAMMING

1. Allocating time to properly study

Probably a hard thing to do for a student that is often tired from her school works and home duties. But, allocating even a small amount of time to study bit by bit can greatly reduce the possibility of being stressed due to a short time to study at all. Information overload of a student can be prevented as they can be able to learn and retain the information bit by bit, avoiding being anxious as well as stressed by the fact that there are a lot of materials they have to memorize.

Aside from this, being able to allocate a time to study helps not to pull up an all-nighter for the examination and get some more sleep.

2. Plan the study sessions ahead

The best way to easily identify which topic a student should cover before they start to study is a great way to minimize and avoid wasting time deciding which lesson and material should you focus first and you may end up getting stuck with it.

3. Divide it in chunks

To avoid information overload, one must learn how to divide the study material to easily retain the information you need to digest. It also reduces the possibility of a student to feel very overwhelmed by the amount of lessons they should study.

4. Take notes

Taking notes can make it easier for a student to easily review, as they can easily be familiarized with what they have written and they can easily identify what the possible questions they might encounter during an exam as they may know from what they wrote the possible coverage from their exam.

5. Make a schedule to follow

To be able to properly build an effective study habit, one should strictly make and follow a certain schedule that is favorable for the student. After knowing and planning how the study materials will be divided for your study session, you should make a specific time on when you will be able to study. It can be anytime of the day such as after your school hours or after you are able to eat dinner is for you to decide.
    EFFECTS OF CRAMMING IN YOUR ACADEMIC EXAMINATIONS

Most often, cramming among students affects the students more than they know. While they think that procrastinating is a simple and common thing that can positively help them temporarily for something that is about to happen like an exam, cramming has various negative effect to an individual with the way they perform in schools.
    1. Shorter information retention

As much as students try to look in the things that they should prepare for like an examination, some often think that they should not really worry about a certain examination as it will be held quite far from the date they learned about it. As a result, students often miscalculate things like this and find out that they have little to no time to prepare for it as the time quickly passed by considering cramming for it instead.

While it looks like it helps with retaining information in a short amount of time and thinking that the lessons are successfully being absorbed by your brain, as much as you tried to expose your brain into memorizing it in a short time, it is guaranteed to be gone after also a short amount of time. Though you were able to successfully do it for the sake of an upcoming exam, you will have to learn it again to retain it once again as there is a little chance that your brain could successfully process this information overload and you will found yourself later not being able to remember most of the things that you crammed.

2. Stress

When people cram for their examinations, it often leads to a stressful event for a student. As they do not have that much time to be able to memorize the lessons and information they needed to know for a short amount of time, it leads to a stressed emotion. Most students who do cramming will often worry if they can really retain this information overload in the examination and if they are able to successfully pass the exam despite the information overload that they encounter. There are lessons and concepts which are not very familiar to some students at all, making it harder for them to remember it since they will only encounter it the moment they review for that very short amount of time.

Students may also tend to feel like they are very behind when it comes to the lessons while looking at the amount of lessons and materials they have to study and learn making them feel like panicking. The stress level and anxiety level often increases in this crucial time for students as some of them focuses on the outcome of the examination.

3. Unwise use of time

Some students tend to think that they have so much time to be able to successfully study for an examination, but since they are unable to make a proper and efficient use of their time, they often ended up wasting it causing them to cram. It does not only cause stress and anxiety to the student doing it but also makes them to unable to sleep since they have to procrastinate hoping to pass the exam. Lack of sleep not only makes a person very tired when they needed to wake up for their classes but also hinders them to properly concentrate as their physical and mental capacity may be affected due to the lack of sleep.

4. Not meeting the desired score

One of the most hurtful result that one may get is knowing that they failed the said examination that they took. While they are able to sacrifice a good night's sleep to be able to cram for the exam, their hard work negatively paid off. Since they tried to load the abundant amount of information, the possibility that all of these information can be retained lessens as each lessons may differ in concepts and capacity to be understood. There are some lessons which can be easily remembered as it may be an easy concept to remember, but there are some which is very hard as it requires so much understanding and cannot just be retained by memorizing only.

This results to a possible poor examination performance of a student in the exam that took place. Not only there are a lot of information, but some may have also felt nervous as they kept on thinking how to successfully pass the exam or if they can pass it at all. Some is probably very tired from lack of sleep and being hungry might be a negative contributing factor too that makes students unable to fully concentrate on the exam alone.

Though trading on financial markets entails high risk, still it can generate extra income on condition that you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yoshin For This Useful Post:

Noochi (08-16-2020)

3. #2 Collapse Post
    Where am I?
    I am:
    ----

RobShon is an unknown quantity at this point RobShon's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe

I just didn't know what to do when I had to study writing a text. I haven't faced this kind of problem in a long time, but it was a real problem once.

Though trading on financial markets entails high risk, still it can generate extra income on condition that you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

4. #3 Collapse Post
    Where am I?
    I am:
    ----

RonnieDean is an unknown quantity at this point RonnieDean's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe

I still hate doing something like this. I remember being pestered by all this writing in college and then at my work. This is really a real headache.

5. #4 Collapse Post
    Where am I?
    I am:
    ----

SteveGeer is an unknown quantity at this point SteveGeer's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe

I can't help myself. I just get angry and I want to go to hell with my work and school where I have to do it. Doing all sorts of paperwork is really just disgusting.

6. #5 Collapse Post
    FX Vampire
    I am:
    ----

Afzaal03 has much to be proud of Afzaal03 has much to be proud of Afzaal03 has much to be proud of Afzaal03 has much to be proud of Afzaal03 has much to be proud of Afzaal03 has much to be proud of Afzaal03 has much to be proud of Afzaal03 has much to be proud of Afzaal03 has much to be proud of Afzaal03's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    328 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 908 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe

While it can be tempting for students to put off studying until they absolutely have to, cramming for tests actually leads to more stress, lowered comprehension, and poor performance.

WHY CRAMMING DOESNíT WORK
    When students cram for a test at the last minute, they are studying to remember rather than studying to understand. With so much material to study in a short amount of time, their brain doesnít have a chance to absorb or make lasting connections about what it is learning.

As a result, students will forget the material almost as quickly as they learned it. Learning new material becomes more difficult because your child hasnít retained what he or she has already learned. This can lead to your child playing a game of catch up to avoid falling farther behind.

The solution? Ditching the late-night cram session routine.

Find out how you can help your child learn to study without cramming and start building better study habits instead.

HOW TO AVOID CRAMMING WHEN STUDYING FOR YOUR NEXT TEST
    Stop Procrastinating
    Getting started is the hardest part for many students. Donít put off studying until the last minute. Encourage your child to get started early, even if itís something small. Itís much easier for your child to keep going once he or she has gotten started.

Study A Bit Each Day
    Review what your child has learned in class each day. This can be a quick 10-15 minute session where your child goes over his or her notes from class. Daily recaps will help make studying for tests easier because your child is reviewing the material each day rather than trying to cram all this learning into a short amount of time.

Plan Study Sessions In Advance
    When your child has an upcoming test, plan out which days will be reserved for studying. Having planned dedicated study days will give your child structure and help avoid procrastination.

Follow A Schedule
    On top of planning study days, create a schedule that outlines exactly when your child will study. Block off time after school or after dinner that your child will use to study for the upcoming test. If there is no upcoming test, use this time to work on other projects and assignments.

Find Your Childís Best Study Time
    When creating your schedule, keep in mind when your child studies best. Some children prefer to study during the day, while others like studying later at night. Work with your child to find out he or she is most productive and schedule study sessions for that time of day.

Prioritize School Work
    Even students with good intentions end up cramming last minute because they just have too much work. To make sure this doesnít happen, help your child prioritize his or her work as soon as things are assigned. You can prioritize based on due date or how much an assignment or test is worth.

Space Out Study Sessions
    Cram sessions arenít effective because there is no long-term learning involved. By spacing out study sessions over a couple days (or even weeks) studentsí minds have time to absorb, understand, and recall the material. Rather than studying for hours at one time, encourage your child to space out study sessions in the week leading up to the test.

Study Material In Chunks
    Donít try to study all the material at once. Instead, try studying a topic or two each day. Chunking material like this will make studying seem less overwhelming to your child. It will also help spread out study sessions for better long-term recall. Just make sure you start early enough to get through all the material!

Take Good Notes In Class
    By taking good notes in class, it will be easier for your child to organize and review when it comes to test time. Taking organized, in-depth notes in class also means that your child already has quality review notes to study from.

Keep Up With Homework & Assignments
    Falling behind on schoolwork is a big reason students find themselves cramming for tests. Know when homework and assignments are due, so you can schedule your childís time effectively. This way, when your child has a test to study for, he or she isnít scrambling to get everything done.

Save The Night Before For Final Review
    Rather than cramming the night before a test, encourage your child to use the time for light review. The night before isnít the time to start studying something new. Instead, go over any areas your child has been struggling with or needs an extra refresher.

Learn From Your Experience
    If your child ends up in a situation where he or she is cramming the night before a test, take time to figure out why. Did your child have too much other work? Did he or she procrastinate getting started? Once you know the reasons, think about how your child can avoid the situation next time. This might be using an agenda to keep better track of assignments or getting started studying for the next test earlier.

7. #6 Collapse Post
    Where am I?
    I am:
    ----

TomasTall is an unknown quantity at this point TomasTall's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe

It can be difficult to deal with a large number of papers and write large volumes of text. I know this well from my own experience, and I've never really liked doing something like this. Unfortunately, at school and at my current job, such things abound. But I solved this problem simply by finding guys who write texts for money https://www.paperhelp.org/pay-for-papers.html These are real experts in their field, they can write an article or a thesis in any industry. I was very lucky to work with them and I like that they do everything quite efficiently and quickly.

Reply to thread