Worrying about your dirty clothes with stains? The best laundry detergent is the answer for it.
You know you have to wash your clothes when wash days at work happen because it means you have worn all your uniforms for the week and you need to clean them for the next week. We might choose to bring our dirty clothes in the nearest laundry shop but most of the time it is more wise to wash your own clothes for you have the chance to watch how it will be washed and what detergent will be used. Washing clothes requires water, liquid detergent and liquid conditioner but liquid detergents is the one assigned to make it clean and look clean. As a consumer you should choose the best laundry detergent among the rest.Image retrieved from: https://imagesvc.meredithcorp.io/v3/...-0120-2000.jpg
Having your laundry day might not be your favorite day in a week or in a month but you have no choice but to do it or else you might run out of clean underwear to wear and clothes to wear for your errands. You can re-wear your shirts but it might already be less appealing for it could already have the scent from all your sweat by the day you used it so you should really wash them immediately. Laundry detergent also called washing powder is a cleaning agent that is used for laundry or washing dirty clothes. This detergent makes way for the clothes to be clean and for the stains to go away. The stains are the hardest thing to erase from clothes but if you got the best laundry detergent then stains will be easy to evict.
What influences our laundry detergent choice?
1. Advice of the elderly. The household we came from can influence how we run our own household. We can adapt the practices and even the product choices for home use to our own house. We usually give trust to our mom’s choice of liquid detergent because they have tested it for years and we know that mother’s know the best. Most people are loyal with the laundry detergent they have used for years and which they grew up with.
2. Advertisements. We see media all around, there comes the television that shows different advertisements about different brands of laundry detergents. Buyers of laundry detergent can pick what they have seen on their television because it promises to easily clean dirts and remove stains.Image retrieved from: https://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/..._456/image.jpg
3. Anything on sale. Sometimes we no longer check out the brand and other details about the laundry detergent we pick for we have a budget which we need to follow and so it is easier if we pick what is on sale or in a buy one take one set.
4. Mode of washing your clothes. With the modern technology there have been washing machines invented and innovated to make our laundry days easier and less tiring. The type of washing machine whether it is automatic or not can affect what laundry detergent we will buy. If you need to wash your clothes using your hands there are also laundry detergents suited for you which also has skin care ingredients.
What are the types of laundry detergent?
Knowing about the different types of detergent is one step of finding the best laundry detergent for you to use. There are a lot to consider in choosing the best laundry detergent but first get to know them.
1. Liquid detergent
Liquid form of a laundry detergent which is also easy to distribute in water when washing.Image retrieved from: https://res.cloudinary.com/mtree/ima...DT_620x314.jpg
It is great to use for short and low temperature washing because it is easy to mix with water. It is the easiest to measure and so you can find ways how to make a bottle of liquid detergent last for weeks. Most liquid detergents are particular in cleaning grease or oil that penetrated in the fabric of the clothes. Liquid detergents have a specialty for spot cleaning. Spot cleaning is done by directly dabbing a small amount of liquid detergent in the cuffs and collars of the clothes where dark spots are usually found and then washing it once in a washing machine to do a concentrated cleaning.
Aside from the advantages of liquid detergents there are also some disadvantages of it such as using it can be messy. Although it is easy to measure if ever you get so much amount out of the bottle then you have to bring back what is left. It might be messy and some can spill while you transfer it back because it is a liquid substance. Sometimes you cannot get the right measurement of the amount of liquid detergent you should use and you end up using so much then because it is so much it can leave detergent residue in the washing machine and even in your clothes.
2. Powder detergent
It is a fact the powder detergent is the oldest type of detergents. This type of detergent is found to be the most less expensive among others. Powder detergents are the most economical option for a laundry detergent. People’s first choice in detergent might be the powder types for it is less expensive but a lot are also making the switch to liquid detergents.Image retrieved from: https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/...s-liquid-1.jpg
Powder detergents are easy to use because sachets are usually measured already for each use. It might be a powder form of detergent but it is easy and quick to dissolve in water. This type of laundry detergent is efficient for the untreated hard water areas because it has stable and consistent additives.
Powder detergents are usually hard to store. The packaging of powder detergents are usually bulky and big. It is also messy and can spill when you transfer it from one place to another. It surely removes stains but it takes longer time and if you are using cold water then it might dissolve longer than usual.
3. Laundry pods or pockets
This is a type of liquid detergent that is made for single use. Liquid detergent is pre-packaged and stored in singles. The packaging comes in packs or pods usually in a small polyvinyl film pocket which is easily dissolved in water.Image retrieved from: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rgent_pods.jpg
If you have no laundry room or storage area for your laundry needs then laundry pods and pockets are the best choice for you because they can occupy little storage and are very lightweight. This type of detergent is premeasured so it immediately fits your laundry so you will get stable results.
Laundry pods and pockets are more expensive than other options. These types cannot be used for spot cleaning. If this spills or the packaging accidentally breaks and it contacts with skin then it can cause the skin to be irritated.
How do we choose the best laundry detergent?
In the grocery looking at the whole rack of different types of laundry detergent can confuse and overwhelm us.
1. Choose the type of laundry detergent. All laundry detergents work for their use such as cleaning the dirt in clothes, making sure that it smells good and it does not lead the fabric of the clothes to fade or alter. You have to make sure that your chosen laundry detergent will be compatible with the type of washing machine you use.
Washing machines have different types. High efficiency washing machines require the laundry detergent that is also high efficiency so that over foaming will be prevented because it can cause the washing machine to be damaged. If your washing machine is just regular then you need a regular laundry detergent too.Image retrieved from: https://res.cloudinary.com/mtree/ima...in_640x350.jpg
2. Know its sensitivity features. Some people have allergic reactions with the type of laundry detergent they use so it is a must to check if it is a dye-free detergent, fragrance-free detergent and hypoallergenic detergent. There are detergents which are specifically made for babies who have sensitive skins.
3. Scent of the detergent. If you have no allergy to scents then it is better to choose liquid detergents that produce good scent already. Most laundry detergent brands claim that the scent which their product can give your clothes will last up to weeks after washing and the scent will stay even if you keep it in the cabinets for a long time.Image retrieved from: https://momlovesbest.com/wp-content/...etergent-1.jpg
Although you might think that adding the scent quality in your standard about the laundry detergent you will choose is unnecessary, it can cause you to have less cost because you can no longer buy fabric conditioner.Image retrieved from: https://img.thrfun.com/img/134/650/laundry_x1.jpg
4. Check the ingredients. Most of the time all we care about is the price and type but it is important to check out the ingredients from time to time.
The more active ingredients and enzymes that the laundry detergent you use then the better. The active ingredients make the surfactants lift the dirt away from the fabric of the clothes then the active enzymes are the ones which remove the stains.
5. Remember that it is not about the price. The price of your laundry detergent is important because we all work on a budget so always try to find the cheapest ones for its ingredients can be what you need. The ingredients that the cheap ones sometimes have are the same as the expensive ones so it is like you are paying higher but you have a lower priced option if only you check the ingredients.Image retrieved from: https://www.thespruce.com/thmb/KKoro...690fbb8d5c.jpg
Here are some laundry tips you can use when you have your wash day:
1. Always sort your clothes according to color. The whites should be with the whites while the colored ones should be the colored ones so you can properly give the care they should get while you are washing them.
2. When you are using a top-loading washing machine then always be mindful about the proper order of when you should add the detergent before you put the clothes.
3. To be sure about the detergent’s effectiveness and for you to get the best results about the product then you should follow the manufacturer’s instructions. The instruction includes how to properly measure the amount of detergent for each wash. If you follow the instructions then chances are high that you will maintain the quality of your washing machine because you will manage the possible over-foaming.
4. Washing machines need to be washed too. Washing machines are made to wash the clothes everytime you need to do it. The machine needs to be washed at least once or twice a year for it helps to make it stay clean and to make sure it is clean in cleaning the clothes.
5. Enjoy your laundry day. Laundry days might get tiring but try to enjoy it. Seeing the product of your efforts in washing the clothes can be very satisfactory. Imagine your white clothes being much white, clean and smelling good, then all your hard work for the day is already paid.