Having your own car requires maintenance. Investing to own one requires thousands and in order for you to have one, you must have all the necessary means such as having a stable job and above minimum rate of salary. As of today, there are different types of cars that will suite your preference. There are the small ones and the bigger sizes. It is up to the buyer to choose what type of car he or she will be going to buy. In choosing a car, you must know what top choose prior buying. Make sure you have the enough research about the quality of car that you wanted especially the future expenses that it will bring you such as the maintenance, service parts, etc. What they all have in common is that they help you move to different places and having a good air conditioning system is what favors to most private car owners.
In today`s time of Coronavirus, having to decide on disinfecting also your cars are a must. You must not neglect it because you might be bringing the virus coming from outside to your own cars and might as well carried it straight to your homes. Disinfecting and cleaning your cars air conditioners should be a habit even before the pandemic. Using your own cars almost every day means you utilized it to the fullest. There will be a time that you will notice the strange pungent smell coming elsewhere. It may also be a smell of rotting banana or a damp cloth left untouched. These basic reasons are the ultimate signs of bacteria, molds, and mildew build-up in your aircon system. It occurs in all cars that commonly uses the air-recirculation system all the time. Imagine these build-ups blowing on your face directly, it is very horrifying therefore you must disinfect your cars for your family`s safety.
Therefore, are you feeling worried about this abrupt build-up in your car`s air-conditioning system? Then it is time for disinfection. In most car wash centers, they offer free disinfection. There is also new in the market called Bac-2-zero disinfection cleaning where your cars will be cleaned entirely as if you bought it like brand new. It is expensive and bringing it to that service should be about every month or two.
With this method, we will learn how to maintain your cars air conditioner by just using Lysol disinfecting spray. Lysol Disinfectants are EPA approved to kill SARS-CoV-2 on hard, non-porous surfaces in 2 minutes.
Lysol products are not limited only to disinfectants sprays in which they are most famous of, they also comes in different products such as disinfecting wipes, multi-purpose cleaners and bathroom cleaners. Below is the list that you might also wanted to check out and are commonly available at your local grocery stores near you:
- Lysol® Disinfectant Spray EPA #777-99
- Lysol® Disinfectant Spray Max Cover Mist #777-127
- Lysol® Disinfecting Wipe EPA #777-114
- Lysol®Disinfectant Spray Neutra Air2-in-1 EPA #777-136
- Lysol® All Purpose Cleaner EPA #777-66
- Lysol® Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Hydrogen Peroxide EPA #777-126
- Lysol® Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Bleach EPA #777-83
- Lysol® Kitchen Pro Antibacterial Cleaner EPA 777-91
- Lysol® Multi-Surface Cleaner Pourable EPA #777-89
- Professional Lysol® Heavy Duty Bathroom Cleaner EPA #675-54
- Lysol SMART Multi-Purpose Cleaner EPA #1839-166-777
- Lysol® IC Quaternary Disinfectant Cleaner EPA #47371-129-675
- Lysol® Power Bathroom Cleaner EPA #675-55
- Lysol® Power Foam Bathroom Cleaner EPA #777-71
- Lysol®Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach EPA #777-102
Heres what you need to do in your car
1. Look for the air intake for the AC
Before starting the maintenance, prepare all the necessary things needed such as the disinfecting spray because without it, then it will all be useless. Open the hood of your car and look for the air intake. They are commonly found in front located near the wipers. You will notice black holes and that area is your cars air intake.
2. Open and turn-on your car`s engine
All cars in this day are automatic. They need to be turned on first before you can full operate the car such as the lock, windows, fm radio, etc.
3. Roll down all of the car`s window half open
One the car`s engine is open, you may now open the windows. Note that some car windows maybe opened manually especially for old car versions. Old car windows can be control by just steering them up clockwise or counter clockwise without the car being turned on. In this tutorial, you must roll down the windows half open to full prep and let airflow from inside and outside. Let your car idle, no need to drive.
4. Turn on the aircon
Disclaimer, you must never quickly turn on your car`s air conditioner. In your dashboard you will notice a green light lighting up for about 5 minutes after the car is turned on. Most drivers neglect this practice where they immediately start their cars engine and drive. The green light indicates that the car`s engine is still cold. You must wait for the signal to turned off for about 5 minutes. Your car must be in full conditioned such as the engine is being heated first before driving. But in this case, there is no need to move. You will only just disinfect your car so turn on the air conditioner once the car is ready.
- Set the aircon on the coldest temperature
- Turn on the blowers at full or maximum level
- Make sure that you set the air flow of your car`s air conditioner to fresh-air intake, not air-re-circulation.
- Using your preferred variety of Lysol Disinfecting spray, spray it directly in the air intake.
How to Spray
- Spray your preferred variant of Lysol disinfectant spray in the air intake. Make sure you do it with a horizontal motion going from left to right and vice versa.
- Spray it thrice, just give it a few seconds of interval before spraying onto the next.
- After 3 minutes, turn off the cooler. Do not completely turn off the air conditioning system, only the cooler system.
- Set the temperature coming from the coldest up to the hottest temperature.
- Repeat the steps in spraying.
- After spraying, leave the air conditioning system running again for about 3 minutes.
- Your car is done and well disinfected. Enjoy the fresh aroma scent of your car.
These simple steps will make a difference to your own car. This simple technique doesn`t require expensive amount. All you need is to buy your own disinfecting spray. This technique is very helpful in situations that you had spilled food items in your car. Lysol Disinfecting spray does not only serve its purpose to kill unwanted viruses and bacteria's, but also remove the unwanted smell caused by different factors. Therefore, you must be careful what to place inside your car. Treat it the way you treat yourself because having a good and nice car reflects your personality. Being the car owner, it is up to you to choose which smell you like because they also come in different scents. Remember to choose sent that will not irritate you to be able to feel fresh and smell good while inside the comfort of your car.