Why should you be putting more thought into curating your wardrobe?
Dressing ideally requires time, effort, and mindfulness. Its an act of self-love and creativity to boost your self-image and self-esteem. If done rightly, it can solidify the impression you want to create, say on the day of your first big presentation, job interview, or a date. A well-dressed woman gives off the vibes of someone who has her priorities straight and makes one look controlled. Talent and Skill come into play later, but first, its SHOWTIME! It provides you access to the opportunity that you have been dreaming about. Experimentation and constant updating of oneís looks bring about the knowledge of their signature style, which happens to be crucial when it comes to defining the personal aura and charm of the personality. It provides a unique opportunity to mold the perceptions of others. Dressing as per the occasion is detrimental if your social life happens to be vital to you. You cannot wear your tracksuit to your office space, and minimalism is attractive only when done right. Dressing appropriately reflects your thoughtfulness, effort, and self-care. Nothing is more beautiful than a woman who knows how to admire and appreciate herself. Every woman should know how to express herself through her clothes, and its time to unload some of the secrets.
1. Spend & Shop Smartly
One should know how to dress by spending smartly and by putting the look together. Here are the few rules to look stylish and put together.
- Look for a high-quality item that you can personally afford.
- The fabric should be your first priority. It could be cotton, silk, cashmere, linen, wool, or a piece of rayon fabric. The task could be daunting at first, but one gets the hang of it with practice. These pieces last longer and look more beautiful because they are natural fibers.
- Look for the small indicators that tell if the piece was built to last that includes seeing if the stitching is secure and has zippers that go up & down nicely.
- If the piece has buttons, then make sure they line up perfectly with the adjacent holes and that they have sewn to perfection.
- Seams and stitching should be pleasing to look at.
2. Those Patterns Require Your Attention
Pay close attention to the patterns as they give away the fact of whether the piece is going to sustain the test of time or not.
- See if those flowers and stripes have been put together thoughtfully and not in a haphazard or a half-done way. This would require your close attention and observation.
- Train yourself to look for the incongruence in the clothing piece e.g.is there a blotch that would be an eyesore if and when the dress is worn?
3. Make Sure That it Fits
- A well-made clothing piece fits straight off the rack. Focus on how it fits on your shoulders. It should have distinct shoulder lines, clean shoulder seams, and even sleeves.
- Always shop in pursuit of quality. Do not fall in the trap of outlet brands selling outfits with compromised quality.
- If you are coveting a designer wear badly, save up for the big purchase and search for a similar product on eBay.
- Do not buy off without trying the top of the pants. If you know your body all too well or have some fashion hacks that mama or grandmum taught you, then take a chance but NOT ALWAYS! Try clothes whenever you have time and a chance before making a purchase.
4. Know Thy Colors & Combinations
To make your outfit look cohesive, pay attention to colors you are trying together. If you are in a rush or getting late, then pair warmer colors with warmer tones and cooler colors with cooler tones.
5. Shoes Are The Gamechangers
Ladies! Footwear is important. Donít believe it yet? How about you take two pair of shoes and observe how it changes the appeal of your overall attire.
- If you insist on having an elevation because it is vital as to your style statement, then go for a boot that has a chunky heel to it. Comfort and fashion go together.
- Think practically while selecting shoes. You donít want to go on a mile-long walk, to a hike or a picnic wearing stilettos.
- When in doubt, match your shoes too at least one other thing in your outfit. Match it to your belt, your purse. In winters, try pairing it with your pants and the top.
6. Choices, CHOICES!
- If you are Miss Lazybones and have a fit every morning because you did not prepare the clothes for the day, then skip on cotton, linen, and silk as they wrinkle easily. Go for denim, wool, net, cashmere, net.
- Spend some money on those turtlenecks because they have a classy air to them and work their magic in cozier settings too.
- Go for a monochrome look as it would elongate and pronounce your structure. Who does not want to look idealistic and effortlessly chic?
- A little, subtle skin show goes a long way towards expressing your complete look. Just roll up your sleeves, and it would look as if the dress was tailored to fit your body.
- Your lipstick of the day can create a breadth of difference. So keep on experimenting with the lip shades, tints, balms and chapsticks until you get to the tone that serves the outfit well.
7. Dressing Up is Fun
Dressing up is as good of a creative outlet as any. It happens to be true in the case of women because itís in their biological makeup to doll up and to feel pampered and achieve the results where they look awe-inspiring and breathtaking.
8. Dress Attractively & Reap the Benefits
Dressing well makes your life easier. An appropriate dressing sense makes you look attractive. Researches over the years show results that dressing well contributes towards looking attractive. This further gives you an edge in terms of asking for help or acquiring the incentives that your company would be extending to a handful number of employees.
- Your sociability, confidence, and skills take center stage when you dress well. Clothing Attractiveness leads to physical and sexual attractiveness as you get responded more positively and seriously amongst the members of the opposite sex.
Being well dressed and appropriate fashion choices contribute to success and higher satisfaction levels. Many working managers have confessed to being partial, in favor of individuals who clothed themselves attractively, when deciding about hiring and promoting decisions.
- Itís less about being naturally beautiful and more about enhancing the features you have got through the aid of exquisite yet sensible dressing techniques that provide you the leverage over others working beside you.
Lastly, CREATE MAGIC
Dressing up should not be reserved only for a few and far between events in your life. What we wear matters out there. You donít have to be a fashion designer to embark on a path to study and observe fashion. Fashion thrives on change which makes it a functioning industry in these disruptive times. So, go ahead and do experiments but without losing your personal touch. Create looks that are fierce, grounded, vibrant, playful, or demure. Use the limitless resource of your imagination and let others behold the power of the magic that you created.