55%
from InstaForex
on every deposit
Closed Thread

Thread: Important rules of making a good post in Journals section

1. #1 Collapse Post
    Adminus Sapiens
    I am:

MT5 Administrator has a reputation beyond repute MT5 Administrator has a reputation beyond repute MT5 Administrator has a reputation beyond repute MT5 Administrator has a reputation beyond repute MT5 Administrator has a reputation beyond repute MT5 Administrator has a reputation beyond repute MT5 Administrator has a reputation beyond repute MT5 Administrator has a reputation beyond repute MT5 Administrator has a reputation beyond repute MT5 Administrator has a reputation beyond repute MT5 Administrator has a reputation beyond repute MT5 Administrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,302 Times in 1,536 Posts

Default Important rules of making a good post in Journals section

Dear forum users,

Please read important rules of making a good post in Trading Journals section.

1. Write only when you have something useful to write. Nobody is interested in your opinion produced merely as a self-justification for a post. Posts starting and / or continued with "I think", "according to my analysis" are worth not much, unless you are a renowned author. Putting excessive greetings and wishes of good health made out of the desire to simply artificially increase the length of the post are the best way to inform the reader (and editors) the posts does not worth being read.

2. If you post analysis, explain your system, how it works, what are entry points, what are exit points. This is much more interesting than "I think it will go up" as it does not represent any meaningful worthiness attached to it. To not repeat the same explanation in each post, consider putting explanation of your system into the first post of the thread, which can be edited with time, as your trading system develops. Or link to he description of your system in each post.

4. Visualize. No one is interested in scrolling long texts posted without pictures. If you have some analysis but cannot produce it in form of a nice looking picture then it is likely that you do not have a worthy analysis at all. Putting a screenshot of a chart with an indicator attached to it is similarly useless: no one is interested in seeing charts which they themselves can see on their side: the analysis should represent an unique input, with whatever your system requires. Even if that is simply a trend line, it is still better than nothing or "I think".

5. Accuracy and the header. If your post has a message, it must be capable of being described in a short header at the top of your post. Proper formatting of paragraphs, headers and accurate pictures (as opposed to "I did by finger on my screen"level quality) is what makes posts worthy.

6. Self-awareness. If you do not have time to post quality posts meeting requirements above, consider decreasing posts frequency as quality prevails over quantity. Those posting 5 quality posts a month will earn more than those posting 500 nonsense posts a week. The age of "I-posted-just-to-post-something" is over.

Closed Thread