A MetaTrader MetaQuotes Language 4 (MQL4) is a forex trading software platform that is not tied to any particular forex broker. MQL4 (MetaQuotes Language 4) is a built-in programming language for trading strategies.
There are three different types of files in MQL4 that contain program code: mq4, ex4, and mqh. Mq4 files contain the source code for a program. This form of file contains the source code for a variety of programs (EAs, scripts, indicators). MetaEditor is a program that is used to create program codes.
Can't Get .MQL4 File to Open?
You just need to have the necessary software installed on your device to open a.mql4 file. You can receive the following error message if the.mql4 relation is incorrect:
This file cannot be opened by Windows:
Windows needs to know what software you want to use to access this file before it can open it. Windows can automatically look it up online, or you can choose manually from a list of programs installed on your computer.
To change file associations
•Right-click a file with the extension you want to change and select Open With from the menu.
•Click the program you want to open the file with in the Open With dialog box, or click Browse to find the program you want.
•Pick the Always open this type of file with the selected software check mark.
Operation of Files in MQL4
This set of functions is used to manipulate data.
Working files are stored in three folders (including subdirectories):
• /History / current broker > - a fileopenhistory feature that has been specially
• /Tester / files – test specific;
• /Experts / files – public directory
Working Files from Other Folders are Not Available.
• FileClose() is a function that closes a file.
• FileDelete() is a method for deleting data.
• Clear the file buffer and save it to disk with FileFlush().
• FileIsEnding() checks whether the file pointer has reached the end of the file;
• FileIsLineEnding() checks if the file pointer has reached the end of the line
• FileOpen() opens a file in the current directory;
• FileOpenHistory() opens a file in the history directory
• FileReadArray()- read data from a file in an array
• FileReadDouble()- read floating point data from a file
• FileReadInteger()- read integer data from a file
• FileReadNumber()- read values from a text file
• FileReadString()- read string from file
• FileSeek()- transfer file pointer
• FileSize()- get file size
• FileTell()- get file pointer position
There are Three Ways to Start mql4-files:
1.) Change the software code to meet the latest mql4-version's specifications
2.) Hire a professional to do it for you
3.) Use an older compiler edition (but I do not know how long it will be running without update)
What Exactly is MQL4?
MetaQuotes Language 4 (MQL4) is a programming language that comes with MetaTrader 4. MQL4 refers to MQL version 4, which is compatible with MetaTrader 4. If you have never written code before and don't know what a programming language is, that's great. A programming language is a set of instructions that a programmer, in this case you, can use to instruct a machine to perform specific tasks. This series of acts is then referred to as a program.
MQL4 was first released with the first version of MetaTrader 4 in 2005 and has since received several updates. In 2014, it received a significant update that increased its capacity, protection, and features, bringing it close to the level of MQL5.
While there are some significant differences between MQL4 and MQL5, we will concentrate on MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 for the time being.
Extensions of File
The following are the extensions for MQL4 files:
• .mq4 extension denotes a source file. It's essentially a text file format that includes all of the instructions that must be followed. MetaEditor or any text file editor can be used to access them. To run in MetaTrader, this file must first be compiled.
• .ex4 file is a compiled version of a program that MetaTrader will run. It can't be opened with anything other than MetaTrader. You will almost certainly obtain software with the.ex4 extension if you purchase a paid indicator or expert advisor.
•.mqh files are collections, which are files that contain extra functions that you can use in your programs. You can open them with MetaEditor or any text editor program, just like.mq4 files.
Include files are so named because they are normally "included" in the main source file during compilation using the #include directive. Despite the fact that mqh files can contain program source code and be compiled by MetaEditor, they are not independent and self-contained, in the sense that they do not need compilation to produce executable ex4 files. Mq4 files, which should be stored in ClientTerminal folderexpertsinclude, can be used as include files.
Only the names of files with the extension ex4 and stored in the corresponding folder will be shown in the client terminal navigator's sections "EAs," "Custom indicators," and "Scripts." Files created with older versions of MetaEditor are greyed out and unable to be opened.
Other types of files are used in the development of application programs but do not make up a full program. A program, for example, may be made up of many different files or from a library that was previously built. You may build custom function libraries to keep track of commonly used user program blocks. Libraries should be saved in the ClientTerminal folderexpertslibraries directory. As library files, mq4 and ex4 files can be used. Libraries do not begin on their own. Since library function calls use more computing resources, it is preferable to use include files instead of libraries.
MQL4 has a syntax that is close to that of C++/C#/C/Java. So, if you're already familiar with some of these languages, learning MQL4 won't take long.
What Can MQL4 Really Be Used For?
MQL4 is a very useful tool that, when used correctly, can greatly increase your trading possibilities. To give you some examples, MQL4 can do the following:
• Carry out statistical operations, such as calculating a place size based on risk parameters.
• Determine the levels of your stop-loss and take-profit orders.
• Place orders and close them.
• Display messages on a computer or send them to an email address.
• Keep track of anything with log files and reports.
• Make your own metrics.
• Automate your trading by allowing your machine to make decisions for you without your input.
As you can see, MQL4 gives you a lot of control, and learning it will allow you to use it effectively.
Forex Forum fx.co – Introduction.
The Forex market is a high-yield and risky means of making a profit by trading on currency markets. The work tools at the Forex market in many ways determine the result of trading by participants, the brokers’ clients. Every Forex broker offers its own platform; however, most brokers and traders concur in choosing MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 platforms. This forum is for those who prefer the MetaTrader series platforms in trading on the Forex market.
Forex Forum fx.co – trade discussion.
Forex market forecasts, independent opinions of novice traders and experts – all this you will find in the Trade Discussions section. Solid experience of work on Forex is preferable, but everyone, including Forex newbies, is welcome to share their opinion. Mutual help and dialog are the main goals of communication in the Trade Discussions section.
Forex Forum fx.co – Dialog with brokers and traders (about brokers).
If you have a negative or positive experience of work with a Forex broker, share it here. Leave a comment about your broker; describe the advantages or drawbacks of working with it. The aggregate traders’ reviews of brokers constitute a rating. In this rating, you can see the leaders and outsiders of the Forex services market.
Free discussions at the Forex Forum fx.co
You are a trader and want to relax? Then the Free Discussion section is exactly what you need. No doubt, conversation on subjects related to the Forex market is preferable. Here you will find jokes about traders, caricatures of Forex brokers and full-swing Forex off-topic convo.
Bonuses for communication at Forex Forum fx.co
This forum is created by traders, for traders, and revolves around deriving a profit. However, each post at the Forex forum yields its author a forex bonus that can be used in Forex trading from the account opened with one of the forum’s sponsors. This small gift is presented with the aim to reward professional traders for spending time at our forum.
We appreciate your choice of Forex forum fx.co as a platform for communication.