MT5 Rookie
      I am:
      ----

Anthony Cheung will become famous soon enough Anthony Cheung's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      23 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azmassi     
      I don't like hedging because I'm an intraday trader so I really don't need to use hedging to protect my profits or to hedg my losing position, all what I do is to cut my open position and to re-enter at a better level. But for swing trader I think hedging is very useful!
      BTW, hedging is allowed with Instaforex without any restriction.
      In forex factory this type is called anti-hedging where the trader don't need to hedge a losing position and just cut the loss.
      However, when price come back to that original entry then we just enter again. That is why it's called anti-hedging.
      This is a good tactic for the forex market.

2. The following 2 users say Thank You to Anthony Cheung for this useful post.

UberTrade (02-12-2018), Warren Bafett (02-14-2018)

Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

UberTrade will become famous soon enough UberTrade will become famous soon enough UberTrade's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      52 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azmassi     
      I don't like hedging because I'm an intraday trader so I really don't need to use hedging to protect my profits or to hedg my losing position, all what I do is to cut my open position and to re-enter at a better level. But for swing trader I think hedging is very useful!
      BTW, hedging is allowed with Instaforex without any restriction.
      I agree with you. Hedging is only for those who trade millions or institution or banks.
      For retail traders it's best if we just cut loss or just put stop loss.
      If you are wrong then just admit it and then move on to the next trades.
      No need to hedge.
      Welcome to the world of conservative trading!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to UberTrade For This Useful Post:

Warren Bafett (02-14-2018)

I am:
      Amused

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4328 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 36,500 Times in 8,479 Posts

Yes, I agree...hedging is good but for small retail traders it's not that much of a use.
      It's better to use stop loss and wait for another chance to enter the market if your SL got hit.

6. The following 2 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

azmassi (03-22-2018), Warren Bafett (02-14-2018)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Warren Bafett is a splendid one to behold Warren Bafett is a splendid one to behold Warren Bafett is a splendid one to behold Warren Bafett is a splendid one to behold Warren Bafett is a splendid one to behold Warren Bafett is a splendid one to behold Warren Bafett's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      269 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UberTrade     
      I agree with you. Hedging is only for those who trade millions or institution or banks.
      For retail traders it's best if we just cut loss or just put stop loss.
      If you are wrong then just admit it and then move on to the next trades.
      No need to hedge.
      Really, so hedging is reserve for big institution only? So why does some small time trader love to hedge? so how many types of hedging is done in the market?

Quote Originally Posted by PhAnToMtRaDeR79     
      Yes, I agree...hedging is good but for small retail traders it's not that much of a use.
      It's better to use stop loss and wait for another chance to enter the market if your SL got hit.
      Am using stop loss in my trading but am not in to hedging because I don't know how to do hedging.
      No Guts No Glory!

8. The following 2 users say Thank You to Warren Bafett for this useful post.

azmassi (03-22-2018), PhantomTrader79 (02-26-2018)

I am:
      Amused

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4328 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 36,500 Times in 8,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Bafett     
      Really, so hedging is reserve for big institution only? So why does some small time trader love to hedge? so how many types of hedging is done in the market?

Am using stop loss in my trading but am not in to hedging because I don't know how to do hedging.
      I think what he meant was they are the ones who often do hedging not the retail traders like us.
      The reason is obvious, cutting loss or putting stop loss is much better than doing hedging.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomTrader79 For This Useful Post:

azmassi (03-22-2018)

I am:
      ----

IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude has much to be proud of IFX Gertrude's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,186 Times in 734 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Bafett     

Our company provides a lot of educational trading materials which you can find it here: https://goo.gl/q2GVLM For more concerns, Please contact the support service by one of these two emails support@instaforex.com or clients@instaforex.com, providing your account number so they can assist you regarding your problem. Thank you and have a good day!
      Best regards,
      PR Manager
      InstaForex Group
      Live help online

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Amused

azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2217 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      14 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 21,340 Times in 4,689 Posts

There're many successful strategies based on hedging, so if hedging is well used it may be a great option for a trader, but unfortunately most of traders use it randomly and it provokes more emotions and it causes more losses for them.

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

Scall1999 will become famous soon enough Scall1999's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I never try hedging as i never feel comfortable with this strategy, also seen and read that brokers may ban the traders who often use this strategy and lock the broker from both side of transactions. Im a long term trader and love to see the bigger picture.

14. The following 3 users say Thank You to Scall1999 for this useful post.

azmassi (08-01-2018), Unregistered (1)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Amused

azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2217 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      14 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 21,340 Times in 4,689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scall1999     
      I never try hedging as i never feel comfortable with this strategy, also seen and read that brokers may ban the traders who often use this strategy and lock the broker from both side of transactions. Im a long term trader and love to see the bigger picture.
      Instaforex allows its clients to use hedging, so don't worry about it mate, you won't get your account banned for using hedging!

Reply to thread
    Page 9 of 9 ... 4 7 8 9