Thread: Hedging is better than Stop Loss

Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

inspirateble is an unknown quantity at this point inspirateble's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      12 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

yes you are right, but in the term if you have more money behind you, that gives you power, you can then play buy hedging, it will be a plan from your side, and you will be seeing a great positive change in your equity, it is when you make hedge during day time.

Banned
      I am:
      ----

shamsul120 is an unknown quantity at this point shamsul120's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      110 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Stop loss is the best option for a trader because it will not bring complications for you. Heading some trader proves a great technique to deal with losses and bad trades but it mostly bring disasters for your account. When traders lock and unlock hedging positions their equity decreases gradually with every unsuccessful attempt. Hedging limit your options for next trades and if you fail unlock your positions on right time it lead you to margin call.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      Angelic

naeemshahzad is an unknown quantity at this point naeemshahzad's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      58 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Yes i agree with you hedging is some times better then stop loss not always but some times you place opposite order make profitable your trade then you place stop loss because in stop loss you completely loss the trade and system automatically close the trade but in hedging the orders continue and in one trade you loss in other you gain so the result have equal not loss.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

fastrack is an unknown quantity at this point fastrack's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      50 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Hedging Is Better Then Stop Loss

If you ask me for hedging and stop loss i'll prefer for hedging is better then stop loss because i think if i have small stop/loss we should use hedging instead of stop loss it will work more then stop loss. because small stop loss can hit fast.

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

titanic5 is an unknown quantity at this point titanic5's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      35 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nico     
      hedging strategy in my opinion is better than we have to close our trade, either with sl or manually, because if you want to re-open kiya to change due to fluctuations in the direction we will be affected by the opening minus twice. whereas if we lock the hedging strategy we opened two trades, one of which berpotenti generate profit, and the other has the potential to return to a position of balance when a reversal occurs. When we use hedging strategies to lock in a loss, we have opened a hedge and reversal strategies.

i have heard about hedging from nay forum poster even forex traders also.but i have no idea about hedging..could you please give me idea about hedging please?so far i know hedging is better that stop loss.is that true even?

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Daring

Anjum S Khan will become famous soon enough Anjum S Khan's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      463 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Hedging practically is done for larger portfolios. For retailers like you and me, stop loss is best and viable solution. Stop loss will immediately tell your maximum loss. Whereas hedging will never tell you your maximum loss, you have to find the best possible hedge out of many available options.
      Won 5th position in Instaforex One Million Option Contest for 07-12th January 2013.
      Won 1st position in Instaforex One Million Option Contest for 10-14th December 2012.
      Won 4th position in Instaforex One Million Option contest for 27-31st august 2012.
      http://blog.mt5.com/AnjumSKhan

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Inspired

sharabela is a jewel in the rough sharabela is a jewel in the rough sharabela is a jewel in the rough sharabela is a jewel in the rough sharabela's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2478 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I do not agree with this statement. I do not think that we should hand around with losing trade for too long. Market gets changed very quickly and if it breaks a support or resistance level, it takes a long time to come again within our reach. Thus, it is better to use stop loss.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

Scofield is an unknown quantity at this point Scofield's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      63 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nico     
      hedging strategy in my opinion is better than we have to close our trade, either with sl or manually, because if you want to re-open kiya to change due to fluctuations in the direction we will be affected by the opening minus twice. whereas if we lock the hedging strategy we opened two trades, one of which berpotenti generate profit, and the other has the potential to return to a position of balance when a reversal occurs. When we use hedging strategies to lock in a loss, we have opened a hedge and reversal strategies.

hedging is a delayed loss. i really not understand with this strategies, because that is make a new problem to my trade. loss just loss. i believe we can get our money back but i cannot almost never money from hedging

Forum Master
      I am:
      ----

yogeshwartyagi is just really nice yogeshwartyagi is just really nice yogeshwartyagi is just really nice yogeshwartyagi is just really nice yogeshwartyagi's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2024 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Well though this may be an arguable issue whether hedging or stop loss is better, but for me hedging is simply an idea to simply put a stop on your profitability potential, also it simply force you to pay double the spread, rather stop loss is simple and clear tool that closes your trade in pre-decided little losses if it goes wrong.

Banned
      I am:
      Cool

simanchal is an unknown quantity at this point simanchal's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      63 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Hedging is better than stop loss . Hedging in forex simply means controlling or mitigating risk .
      A more elaborate definition of a hedge would define hedging as an adoption of any strategy or trade that provides a price movement that moves in a compulsory manner so as to enable a trader to offset the risk or loss incurred on another trade in the financial markets .

Reply to thread
    Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 8 ...