This thread is a response to the recent claim that members got their forum account hacked.
First of all we should mention to all of you that MT5 Forex Forum is a secure place where you can interact and get monetary benefit from your participation. We have done our part to make this forum secure.
But of course there is another party that must be equally supportive to make the experience in this forum as secure as possible. That party is you as a member of our forum.
So what are the things that can help avoid your forum account being hacked? You can do these things:
1. clear your history, cookies after you use your internet on internet cafe.
2. use caution if you use your own computer. remember to logout and clear your cookies if you want to (to add extra safety).
3. change your password every month or two and use low case, upper case letters, numbers and special characters to make your password much much stronger.
4. be careful of your "close friend". because hacking the account number password and the other is really, really hard so i am sure you wrote it somewhere and someone close stole it and hack your account.
5. If you get an email or private message from unknown person or someone that claim to be the authority from this forum that contain any link then never click them because this is the most common hacking system. Also if they ask you to send email or private message with your password and username you should not do it because we never ask any member to do that. And if we do it we will do it in this forum not from other website or other forum. Even in this forum you should also pay attention to the username because there are bad guys who use usernames similar to our moderator/admin such as:
you can get our real usernames in here
6. We should register at least 2 trading accounts ( fully verified ). After every 2 months we should change our trading account attached with the forum profile (only if it is allowed) so that no hacker can attach his account with our profile.
7. Never to download pirated things from the web or even browse questionable websites, there are plenty of ways to infect a machine not just from downloads.
8. Never use shared machine (computer labs, friends pc, cafes, etc) to access your email or important websites.
Hopefully, your forum account will be safe after doing those things.
If however, your forum account got hacked even after doing the things above (only after you do all of the things above) then you could post your case in this thread.
Thanks to (in no specific order):