from InstaForex
No investments required!
GET BONUS
55%
from InstaForex
on every deposit
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Thread: [1349281] Trading the news!

1. #1 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Forex in the blood
    I am:

mjomha is on a distinguished road mjomha's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    51 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0

Default [1349281] Trading the news!

Account Details:

Following are my account details:

Account number: 1349281
    Investor Password: 7dlqxzx
    Account Name: mjomha_demo
    Server: InstaForex-Demo.com
    Initial Deposit: 5000$
    Leverage: 1:100

My Strategy:

Trading daily news releases that are well known to influence the market. As we know its very risky and more likely to be gambling and less like forex trading. So to take less risk almost 0% risk we are going to solely use pending buy/sell orders.

How it works 1-2 minutes before important news releases we open 2 pending orders 1 buy and 1 sell order. Offcourse we choose the pair will be influenced more by the release than any other.

Remember only Important news releases like retail sales, unemployment, NFP......etc that will be announced this week.

We open 1-2 minutes before news release 2 pending orders:

1 Buy stop order 20-30 PIPs above current price and SL set at BE or-5, TP 10-30 PIPs
    1 Sell stop order 20-30 PIPs below current price and SL set at BE or -5, TP 10-30 PIPs

TP are set based the importance of the news release and after reviewing past news releases of the same news we compare and look at the PIP move that happened after the news release to determine our TP and SL.

Money Management:

Well its not really hard to guess but I'll be using maximum lot size per trade 100% risk because really there isn't much risk using this strategy and we have a tight SL this way we loose but small amounts but I doubt we will as prices move 10-15 PIPs in a second so our TP should hit quite quickly.

Monday Trade:

AUD/USD trade 2 important AUD data releases are due in a few hours which are:

Building Approvals m/m
    Retail Sales m/m
    Doesn't matter what values these 2 important news releases are either way AUDUSD will move either up or down between 30-50 PIPs so Our pending orders will be set. If we see no reaction to the news after 1-2 minutes after news release we simply cancel Our pending orders and wait for the next important news release

So pairs going to used will depend on the pair that is influenced by the news.

After every profitable trade a quick "THANKS" would be appreciated
    Last edited by mjomha; 04-07-2011 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Created a new demo account with correct server

2. 4 users say Thank You to mjomha for this useful post.

cumil (04-07-2011), Filipe (04-07-2011), mhassan (08-07-2011), Toxic (04-07-2011)

3. #2 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    FX Zombie
    I am:

cumil is a glorious beacon of light cumil is a glorious beacon of light cumil is a glorious beacon of light cumil is a glorious beacon of light cumil is a glorious beacon of light cumil is a glorious beacon of light cumil's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    1231 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Hmmm.... its unique strategy.. must be monitor this thread

its very interesting strategy......
    Guys!!..Participate in MT5 contests at "Black Frame Talent" also give your vote

come on! discuss and share your experience about naked trading in here

4. #3 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Forex in the blood
    I am:

Accumulated bonus
    51 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Quote Originally Posted by cumil     
    Hmmm.... its unique strategy.. must be monitor this thread

its very interesting strategy......
    Thanks hopefully my strategy will be profitable

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

5. #4 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Forex in the blood
    I am:

Accumulated bonus
    51 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Ok so AUD news was released a few minutes ago which were pretty bad from previous data especially (Building Approvals).

So as mentioned 2 pending orders were set:

Sell stop @ 1.0740 TP: 1.0700 SL: 10750
    Buy stop @ 1.0785 TP: 1.0725 No SL

Orders were set 1.5 minutes before news release.

Sell Stop order triggered. Price dropped in a minute then a little more down. Closed trade manually @ 10725. Seems to be slight resistance @ 1.0725 so closed trade.

Remember we set TP so it gets hit during the huge movement after the news my TP didn't hit after the news and price movement slowed down so offcourse I manually closed with profit.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

6. #5 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Forex in the blood
    I am:

Accumulated bonus
    51 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Next news release:

CHF: Retail Sales we will trade USD/CHF
    GBP: Construction PMI we will tade GBP/USD

See you guys until then

7. #6 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Forex in the blood
    I am:

Accumulated bonus
    51 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    CHF news release was bad but no noticeable movement in USD/CHF no position taken.

Next is GBP Construction PMI we should see a significant movement after data is released.

Data was lower than previous but no big movements guessing its because of US holiday.

Pending orders have been deleted.

Nothing more for today, tomorrow some important moves:

AUD: Trade Balance, Cash Rate, RBA Rate Statement

We should see some big movements during the data release.
    Last edited by mjomha; 04-07-2011 at 10:42 AM.

8. #7 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Forex in the blood
    I am:

Accumulated bonus
    51 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    My pending sell stop order was set 10 PIPs below current price (AUDUSD) before news release @ 1.0705.

Order #70385856 Sell 45 lot size @ 1.0705 TP: 1.0675.

Closed trade @ 1.0694.

Wasn't any action with AUDUSD during this news release but expecting a bigger movement with next AUD data:

Cash Rate and RBA Rate Statement in a few hours.

Total Profit: +20%
    Last edited by mjomha; 05-07-2011 at 04:13 AM.

9. #8 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Forex in the blood
    I am:

Accumulated bonus
    51 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Pending sell stop @ 1.0705 AUD/USD before RBA statement. Did not hit my TP which was @ 1.0655 closed order with no loss or gain.

Next trade should be interesting as I traded this news release last month and a 50 PIP move occured.

Next news release: GBP: Services PMI

10. #9 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Forex in the blood
    I am:

Accumulated bonus
    51 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Seems my pending buy stop was not triggered due not enough money in my account for some reason I can't open the same lot size I opened a few hours ago although my balance increased.

Which is very strange. Anyways My position would have hit my TP.

11. #10 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Forex in the blood
    I am:

Accumulated bonus
    51 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    There will be no trading on Tuesday as there isn't any major news to trade.

Wednesday will there some good news releases to trade:

Pair: GBP/USD: Halifax HPI m/m
    Pair: EUR/USD: ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI
    Pair NZD/USD: GDP q/q
    Pair: AUD/USD:Employment Change
    Unemployment Rate

Some big new releases should give some good profits

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3