• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread
    Page 6 of 6 ... 4 5 6

Thread: Why mt4 platform don't have trailing stop for minimizing loss?

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Doh

zindagi will become famous soon enough zindagi's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1813 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

yes my friend it will depend on trader capital and experience to reduce loss in live market if you can practice in de4mo trading then you can try to stop loss on it and manage your capital if you will makes money in demo then apply your strategy and minimize you loss in live account.

Forum Guru
      I am:
      Bored

bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2025 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

What broker sites does not have trailing stop to start with? I do have 9 different forex broker sites right now and guess what? All nine that I use using mt4 trading platform has trailing stop. So I don't know what kind of broker site that those not have trailing stop but one thing I am sure that instaforex has trailing stop as I am using it when I trade.

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      Innocent

OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1105 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,079 Times in 828 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by biouscope     
      recently i found the necessity of trailing stops for negative positions. in mt4 platform we have trailing stops for positive position to secure our profits. bit i think we need trailing stops or losing positions for minimizing the loses to.

today i oped a position and after while it goes -40 and looks like he price will go against my position so. an after some moment it came down to -20 pips and i thought if it is in breakeven il close it. but after 30 min i found it goes -80 pips and i have to close the position imitatively. then i realized if we have trailing stops for loss position then i can secure few pips from this type of condition. so what is ur opinion do we need this ts or not?
      well I found a trailing stop option in instaforex's instatrader. but it is available on a pending order, I mean when you have a pending order, just right click on the line, and there you will find a trailing stop option. I hope that might help you.

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      Yeehaw

umairsam84 is a jewel in the rough umairsam84 is a jewel in the rough umairsam84 is a jewel in the rough umairsam84 is a jewel in the rough umairsam84's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      213 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by afiudin     
      Can anyone give their views. What is a good pip trailing stop in order not to lose. Perhaps it can help beginners, especially me. thank
      Best way to use trailing stop is to use it when your trade is in profit and you can set it according to your currency pair because different pairs have different spread and different average daily movements but one thing i know for sure that you can put a trailing stop as low as the value of spread of your pair. 50 pips trailing stop would be nice choice for average daily movement pairs and for the pairs with higher spread you can use 80 and for silver it must be 150 pips and for gold, 250. It is my own observations and everyone has a right to follow their own way to do it.
      Please Click
      Thanks
      If You Like my Post....
      All the Forum Rules are available at THIS LINK

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Happy

Edifitri is on a distinguished road Edifitri's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

indeed at this time we cannot use trailing stop at meta trader 4. if we want to use trailing stop we should use meta trader 5 to improve our trading. because I also never used trailing stop during trading so I still use meta trader 4 for the media trading that I use. Moreover, I also want profit always so that while trading, I always avoid using trailing stops which always makes me disappointed if the trend returns from the opponent's open position.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Edifitri For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

わξΨǐ ツ is a splendid one to behold わξΨǐ ツ is a splendid one to behold わξΨǐ ツ is a splendid one to behold わξΨǐ ツ is a splendid one to behold わξΨǐ ツ is a splendid one to behold わξΨǐ ツ is a splendid one to behold わξΨǐ ツ is a splendid one to behold わξΨǐ ツ's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      341 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Edifitri     
      indeed at this time we cannot use trailing stop at meta trader 4. if we want to use trailing stop we should use meta trader 5 to improve our trading. because I also never used trailing stop during trading so I still use meta trader 4 for the media trading that I use. Moreover, I also want profit always so that while trading, I always avoid using trailing stops which always makes me disappointed if the trend returns from the opponent's open position.
      There is big differences between metatrader 4 and metatrader 5, including what we talking now, the trailing stop option. In the metatrader 5 we can easily use the trailing stop option but in the metatrader 4, we also can use the trailing stop option but in the different term and condition. We can use the trailing stop while you have floating or pending order, simple way is use option right click that you will found the trailing stop.

Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

Muhammadashfaq is on a distinguished road Muhammadashfaq's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Trailing stop is very important factor of meta trader it is a positive attitude for this type of trading to avoid losses

Reply to thread
    Page 6 of 6 ... 4 5 6