Thread: Modify existing order

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

nswhala is on a distinguished road nswhala's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      495 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

When you place a pending oder then you pending oder show under you capital bonus balance that shows on mt4 trading platform and then you click on it and change their current position stop loss value and take profit value and then click on modified your oder should modified.

Banned
      I am:
      ----

bigboy will become famous soon enough bigboy will become famous soon enough bigboy's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1379 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

It is possible to modify our order we can always set a take profit and sl after opening our order so we don't have to worry to set it the very moment we open the order course we can modify the order later.

Forum Guru
      I am:
      Bored

bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika is a glorious beacon of light bulastika's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2025 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

If its pending order you can modify it. But if its already open or filled then theirs no way you can modified it. As its already a floating open position. At most you can do is to try to chance your SL or your TP or just close that trading position if you are incurring loss. Because theirs no way you can chance your trading position once its already traded.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

+ve will become famous soon enough +ve's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      28 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

For pending orders it is possible to modify their open price, stop loss and take profit but you can not change you lot size. For active orders too you can change you take profit and stop loss but can not change your lot size.

Forum Guru
      I am:
      Busy

hafizgm will become famous soon enough hafizgm will become famous soon enough hafizgm's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2227 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

If you are not able to understand that which currency pair you are going to modify then it is very easy because on all pending orders it is clearly written there and if see the complete order then the pair name is also written their.

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

lukmon has a spectacular aura about lukmon has a spectacular aura about lukmon has a spectacular aura about lukmon's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1055 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I only know how you can modify a pending order manually and for that you have to right click on it and the select modify or delete order. Also, you will only be able to modify the entry price, stop loss and take profit. You will not be able to modify the lot size except you cancel the order and set it again.

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

Accumulated bonus
      495 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Very easy to modify oder you change your tp or sl but can't change the current position of the oder if your oder is active if you have place pending then you close the position and open with new position your oder show in mt4 under your balance the click on oder tp and modify it easily or drag your oder on chart that was showing in red and green lines you easily through drag option modify that oders.

Forum Guru
      I am:
      Confused

samurai3x is a jewel in the rough samurai3x is a jewel in the rough samurai3x is a jewel in the rough samurai3x's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1831 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cryptex     
      Hi everyone, I have i doubt regarding modifying pending orders. I am using three EAs on three different charts. I use TotalOrder() function to find out the number of existing orders and only when it is less than one i send a new order. Now the problem here is how to identify orders placed for each symbol?
      Maybe you can ask for help to the person who has the expertise to create a trading robot, because I think your problem is there in your robot, so you have to modify your robot, not modify the existing order, the title of this thread is not same with the contents of the topic discussed.
      "Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out"

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

Accumulated bonus
      495 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

With the different ways we modify our existing oder but can't change their entry position we change only Sl or Tp of our existing oder just draging of our sl and tp on the chart they show in green or red lines or secondly we click on oder a new window open inwhich we increase our sl and tp value and the click on modify and then our oder modified.

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      Innocent

OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1105 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,079 Times in 828 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cryptex     
      Hi everyone, I have i doubt regarding modifying pending orders. I am using three EAs on three different charts. I use TotalOrder() function to find out the number of existing orders and only when it is less than one i send a new order. Now the problem here is how to identify orders placed for each symbol?
      I a not sure about questions, and that's because this things are so easy that I doubt one can be in problem about them. your every order's symbol is clearly shown in the terminal window. just check there, and also modify as much order as you want. it is really nothing complicated.

Reply to thread
    Page 2 of 3 1 2 3