• Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to thread

Thread: [TUTORIAL] Change Trader Password and Investor Password

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      6092 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 11,672 Times in 4,222 Posts

Talking [TUTORIAL] Change Trader Password and Investor Password

Well, changing password is sometimes important in case you suspect someone detect your password. So, it is important to do so.

[Important] For trader password, there is other alternative where you can change it directly from your MT4 terminal. Bear in mind, to change trader password, you will need to detach your trading account in this forum first. Plus, make sure there is option 'attach account'. For those who already changed another account recently, please don't change your trader password until you are able to attach other account. Look at the screenshot below. It should be like this if you wanna change your trader password.

Name:  attach.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  18.0 KB

If you persist to try and error, don't try on your bonus account. Just try on other accounts okay?.

Clear?. Okay now we proceed with investor password. I believe not all traders know how to create/change his investor password. This action is important when you want to let others see the way you trade and those who use login MT4 with investor password, he is restricted to open orders.

Well this tutorial is quite simple to follow. Just follow the instructions and assisted with screenshots:

1) Open your MT4 terminal and login your trading account.

2) Click tools then click options.

Name:  cg1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  188.7 KB

3) Click server then click change

Name:  cg2.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  116.2 KB

4) Now you can choose to change your trader password or investor password or both. Note that master password is your trader password. Click OK if you are done.

Name:  cg3.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  127.1 KB

Note: For trader password, if you have detached your trading account in your profile, you need to re-attach your trading account with new trader password that you have changed. It is important to remember your new trader password.

Note: For investor password, you can just change it without putting current investor password anytime you want. Ensure your investor password is different with trader password. If you have changed your investor password, you can try it and check whether you are able to open order or not.

Feel free to ask or share your opinions here. Thanks and all credit shall goes to me.
      Last edited by forexianz; 08-14-2014 at 04:37 PM.

2. The following 9 users say Thank You to forexianz for this useful post.

مناڈکیت (08-14-2014), azmassi (08-14-2014), Bangler Tiger (08-15-2014), bidyut (08-14-2014), ding dong (08-15-2014), high (08-17-2014), NikitaBelle (08-14-2014), OnlyGainer (03-26-2015), Toxic (09-03-2014)

FX Vampire
      I am:
      Confused

مناڈکیت has a brilliant future مناڈکیت has a brilliant future مناڈکیت has a brilliant future مناڈکیت has a brilliant future مناڈکیت has a brilliant future مناڈکیت has a brilliant future مناڈکیت has a brilliant future مناڈکیت has a brilliant future مناڈکیت has a brilliant future مناڈکیت has a brilliant future مناڈکیت has a brilliant future مناڈکیت's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      262 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,640 Times in 562 Posts

Really appreciate it because i was starting to think how am i gonna change my investor password after the contest is over... and then after a few posts of mine your post appeared with this thread's link. thank you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to مناڈکیت For This Useful Post:

forexianz (08-15-2014)

Banned
      I am:
      Innocent

Bangler Tiger is a name known to all Bangler Tiger is a name known to all Bangler Tiger is a name known to all Bangler Tiger is a name known to all Bangler Tiger is a name known to all Bangler Tiger is a name known to all Bangler Tiger's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1264 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I think this thread will be very helpful for most of the new comer in this forum because I believe that most of us don't know how change our trader or investor password but we are trading for a long time in Forex market.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bangler Tiger For This Useful Post:

forexianz (08-15-2014)

Forum Master
      I am:
      Relaxed

ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong has a reputation beyond repute ding dong's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1443 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,051 Times in 2,090 Posts

well, this is a good thread, dear. you really can help with your article, if anything happens to the trading account and would like to change this is a good article to support it.

8. The following 2 users say Thank You to ding dong for this useful post.

forexianz (08-15-2014), high (08-17-2014)

Forum Guru
      I am:
      ----

high is a name known to all high is a name known to all high is a name known to all high is a name known to all high is a name known to all high is a name known to all high's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2124 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

This is good step comment and threat of us. Your changing systems I like so much. In future , I will can change and forgetting password to be change easily. So, its very helpful tip , about change trader and and investor password.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to high For This Useful Post:

forexianz (08-17-2014)

Banned
      I am:
      ----

bigboy will become famous soon enough bigboy will become famous soon enough bigboy's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1379 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

My password was generated by the system so it is strong it will be hard for someone to no my password unless they hack my system. So am not ready to change it now course I have no experience any difficulties logging with my password.

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

nswhala is on a distinguished road nswhala's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      495 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Yap these two pasword trader and investor password are improtant if you want to change then you change only one pasword trader pasword but investor pasword is protected and never change it these both are for trader safety.

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      Innocent

OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer has a reputation beyond repute OnlyGainer's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1105 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,079 Times in 828 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forexianz     
      Well, changing password is sometimes important in case you suspect someone detect your password. So, it is important to do so.

[Important] For trader password, there is other alternative where you can change it directly from your MT4 terminal. Bear in mind, to change trader password, you will need to detach your trading account in this forum first. Plus, make sure there is option 'attach account'. For those who already changed another account recently, please don't change your trader password until you are able to attach other account. Look at the screenshot below. It should be like this if you wanna change your trader password.

If you persist to try and error, don't try on your bonus account. Just try on other accounts okay?.

Clear?. Okay now we proceed with investor password. I believe not all traders know how to create/change his investor password. This action is important when you want to let others see the way you trade and those who use login MT4 with investor password, he is restricted to open orders.

Well this tutorial is quite simple to follow. Just follow the instructions and assisted with screenshots:

1) Open your MT4 terminal and login your trading account.

2) Click tools then click options.

3) Click server then click change

4) Now you can choose to change your trader password or investor password or both. Note that master password is your trader password. Click OK if you are done.

Note: For trader password, if you have detached your trading account in your profile, you need to re-attach your trading account with new trader password that you have changed. It is important to remember your new trader password.

Note: For investor password, you can just change it without putting current investor password anytime you want. Ensure your investor password is different with trader password. If you have changed your investor password, you can try it and check whether you are able to open order or not.

Feel free to ask or share your opinions here. Thanks and all credit shall goes to me.
      thanks good post, but I change my password from the client cabinet. I actually feel quite safe when I do it from the instaforex website, because mt4 is a third party software. yet I know that mt4 is also trusted and well secured, but there is a fact of feeling...

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Happy

Edifitri will become famous soon enough Edifitri's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

thank you for the tutorial changing the password that you provided. indeed we have to change our password if we want to remember our trader password. Password given from Instaforex is sometimes very difficult to remember. so we can change it ourselves and replace it with an easy password because is very important for us to login to Instaforex and also in the Meta trader that we use.
      Last edited by Edifitri; 04-12-2019 at 02:49 AM.

Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

Muhammadashfaq is on a distinguished road Muhammadashfaq's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I think changing password is very important in some cases although I am pretty new here but I know that is very important important for security reasons

Reply to thread